X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Waste of time and effort on both parts. New Hampshire soccer is a joke
    It doesn't matter if soccer is a joke in NH, there's probably money to be made there. Hence the proposed club investment. The clubs don't care if they can't develop star players.

Comment

GPS might get a boost at the younger ages, as players gravitate to their club, knowing there is a possible direct route to DAP. In the end, GPS players will still have to tryout for DAP, just like the Seacoast players and everyone else, but it may help to already be on the radar with the Seacoast/GPS DAP coaches if they have been one of the top players within the club for a couple years prior to DAP tryouts.
      I hope they stay separate... More options are better. Once you start consolidating everything, things tend to fall apart.

Comment

GPS might get a boost at the younger ages, as players gravitate to their club, knowing there is a possible direct route to DAP. In the end, GPS players will still have to tryout for DAP, just like the Seacoast players and everyone else, but it may help to already be on the radar with the Seacoast/GPS DAP coaches if they have been one of the top players within the club for a couple years prior to DAP tryouts.

Is GPS scared of getting left behind ? I thought this partnership with Bayern was going to the future of soccer in New England. They now have to sleep with Seacoast for DAP access.

So what does partnering with Bayern really do for players besides taking expensive trip to Europe. Does GPS own Eurotours ???

Comment

Is GPS scared of getting left behind ? I thought this partnership with Bayern was going to the future of soccer in New England. They now have to sleep with Seacoast for DAP access.

So what does partnering with Bayern really do for players besides taking expensive trip to Europe. Does GPS own Eurotours ???

GPS is like Globo Gym from Dodgeball. No one makes me bleed my own blood.

Comment

You ever think that its Seacoast that is in trouble and its GPS with their Bayern partnership that is in the better spot to "save 'a program that is teetering on losing a keep program?

Comment

GPS is like Globo Gym from Dodgeball. No one makes me bleed my own blood.
              You sound very bitter. Not so excited about the Valeo drives to NJ?

Comment

It's no secret Seacoast has been under review by US Soccer because they haven't been producing competitive teams of late. The U17/18's are 5/10 in their division and have a chance of reaching the wildcard pool, but the 15/16's and 13/14's are struggling.

Don't know if this merger is true or not, but my guess is Seacoast needs GPS more than the other way around. I understand the logic if true.

They need the infusion of talent to remain competitive, and it simply gives GPS a direct pathway for their top players to compete at the highest levels, because they in turn lose players to the Revs and Bolts who offer something they don't.

Comment

You sound very bitter. Not so excited about the Valeo drives to NJ?
                  Bitter? oh yes, very bitter, you nailed it. I am pissed that my child was couldn't make a GPS team. LOL.

Comment

Bitter? oh yes, very bitter, you nailed it. I am pissed that my child was couldn't make a GPS team. LOL.
                    Not only are you bitter... but confused as well!

Comment

win-win

It's no secret Seacoast has been under review by US Soccer because they haven't been producing competitive teams of late. The U17/18's are 5/10 in their division and have a chance of reaching the wildcard pool, but the 15/16's and 13/14's are struggling.

Don't know if this merger is true or not, but my guess is Seacoast needs GPS more than the other way around. I understand the logic if true.

They need the infusion of talent to remain competitive, and it simply gives GPS a direct pathway for their top players to compete at the highest levels, because they in turn lose players to the Revs and Bolts who offer something they don't.
                      A win-win situation.

GPS needs Academy street cred to keep competition strong at the U12 and up levels. Seacoast needs access to a continuous pool of great players.

Comment

A win-win situation.

GPS needs Academy street cred to keep competition strong at the U12 and up levels. Seacoast needs access to a continuous pool of great players.
                        Seacoast doesn't get ALL the local talent for various reasons... It isn't just a "location" thing. So, maybe part of the issue with Seacoast could be a mistrust of their coaching, personnel and relative negative attitude towards players. How will a merger with GPS or anyone else for that matter really help? Hypothetically, of course.

Comment

Seacoast doesn't get ALL the local talent for various reasons... It isn't just a "location" thing. So, maybe part of the issue with Seacoast could be a mistrust of their coaching, personnel and relative negative attitude towards players. How will a merger with GPS or anyone else for that matter really help? Hypothetically, of course.
                          It seems like club mismanagement and coaching issues cross state borders. I thought we were the only upset folks here in MA. We shouldn't let them get away with it anymore.

Comment

It makes sense. That is probably why Seacoast dealt with Valeo too.

Comment

Go figure - Seacoast with two suitors

Comment

Go figure - Seacoast with two suitors
                                GPS is a done deal. Probably used Valejo as bait.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X