Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Bingo! I'd drive 15-20 extra minutes for a free progam and I'd let my son ride that wave as far as it took him. If he got dropped he'd have no problem finding a team.
    Money grows on trees and there is nothing too good for my little devil spawn.

Comment

Congrats to GPS and Seacoast. Raises the bar in MA/NH.
      Don't forget Maine. These 2 clubs are the ONLY options!

Comment

Eventually this is true which is why you shouldn't be pushing / shoving your 13 year old to Revs if they aren't the real deal. It's a waste of time as your kid will be dropped like a ton of bricks soon... There are plenty of opportunities out there for everyone. Don't over-stretch yourself or your kid for the sake of the Rev's dream. My son has two of his u12 teammates "practicing" with the Revs (according to the parents). They are mid-level players on my son's team (no joke!) Amazing what parents buy into.
        If it's close, training is good and won't cost you much vs other options why not give a try. Otherwise yes I'd wait until they're older to see where they'll take it (commitment can wane in middle school) and how they mature physically. There's always room on other teams for kids that get cut - they're still going to be good players.

Comment

I would bet that, if GPS/Seacoast happens, more kids would go to Seacoast and avoid the Revs. The issue has always been poor training at Seacoast and arrogance at Revs. The Revs do NOTHING to help players move to college and the Seacoast/GPS would be a great place for kids to advance!

Comment

I would bet that, if GPS/Seacoast happens, more kids would go to Seacoast and avoid the Revs. The issue has always been poor training at Seacoast and arrogance at Revs. The Revs do NOTHING to help players move to college and the Seacoast/GPS would be a great place for kids to advance!
            You have to do your own work to for college recruitment. Clubs don't do much of any of that. Revs have no incentive either. Remember what DAP is all about.

Comment

You have to do your own work to for college recruitment. Clubs don't do much of any of that. Revs have no incentive either. Remember what DAP is all about.
              Like many clubs, Revs have a college night where they bring in coaches to talk about the process. The Revs don't do that much less than other DAP clubs.

Comment

GPS has never been known to help parents save money.instead they seem to place themselves in areas where the wealthier kids reside.Revs are free ,gps lower level teams will fund the U12 to U18 academy at Seacoast. If Seacoast /GPS ACADEMY teams are fully funded then they will be able to compete with Revs.New england will be split right down the middle. Like the Mason Dixon line...

Comment

If it's close, training is good and won't cost you much vs other options why not give a try. Otherwise yes I'd wait until they're older to see where they'll take it (commitment can wane in middle school) and how they mature physically. There's always room on other teams for kids that get cut - they're still going to be good players.
                  Is the training good at the Revs for a borderline kid? Not so sure. I personally don't like the Revs coaches and they certainly won't have MY kid's best interests as a priority.

Comment

Is the training good at the Revs for a borderline kid? Not so sure. I personally don't like the Revs coaches and they certainly won't have MY kid's best interests as a priority.
                    What's your definition of "borderline?" I don't think the Revs DAP takes borderline players. And it sounds like you don't like the coaches there, so why do you even care about the program.

Comment

The training is good at the Revs. First the overall quality of the players is better so the training sessions can move to the next level. Also the facilities are excellent.

The Revs are a good test for the kids to see what a D1 College experience would be like.

Comment

And because you're at the Revs you have to hustle a lot less - at least to get on coach's radars. Being on an MLS DA team gives you pretty quick street cred. Then you've got to do the work to stay on their radar and perform when they come to watch you. Other poster is right - clubs don't get you recruited, YOU do, so I wouldn't expect the Revs do anything more. They don't need to post commitments to market themselves like the other clubs do. They're running a pro team with some youth training on the side.

Comment

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but I'm wondering what it is based on. Since it seems you don't have a player there, why would you know the coaches and whether or not they would be good/bad for your kid? And just because it isn't right for some doesn't mean it isn't right for others. Same is true of ANY club. Find the place that is best for your player at that point in time, then keep reassessing. Let everyone else worry about their own kids.

Comment

GPS has never been known to help parents save money.instead they seem to place themselves in areas where the wealthier kids reside.Revs are free ,gps lower level teams will fund the U12 to U18 academy at Seacoast. If Seacoast /GPS ACADEMY teams are fully funded then they will be able to compete with Revs.New england will be split right down the middle. Like the Mason Dixon line...
                            I can't see how this would benefit GPS?

Comment

Waste of time and effort on both parts. New Hampshire soccer is a joke

Comment

I can't see how this would benefit GPS?
                                GPS might get a boost at the younger ages, as players gravitate to their club, knowing there is a possible direct route to DAP. In the end, GPS players will still have to tryout for DAP, just like the Seacoast players and everyone else, but it may help to already be on the radar with the Seacoast/GPS DAP coaches if they have been one of the top players within the club for a couple years prior to DAP tryouts.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X