•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He had better players coming in

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I heard FM drove a few of the Breakers players away including their goalie. Why am I not surprised?
      Yeh I heard they lost a lot of talent... The goalie was by far the best player on the team and kept them in every game. Not sure Breakers will win a game all year given the loss in talent.

I think...
      #1 NEFC (best goalie and ODP loaded)
      #2 SSS (best coach and even better when top 12s are added in tourney's to help out)
      #3 GPS (can't argue with GotSoccer points even though all points are from GPS tourney's)
      #4 AZTEC (dark horse to be #1 soon given added talent)
      #5 Stars (just not the same quality as in past - ECNL hurting the recruiting???)
      #5 Breakers (lost too much talent this year to compete)

Thoughts?

Comment

Logic makes sense. Are you stating which teams feel the best now or predicting how they will be ranked on GS after the season?

Comment

Yeh I heard they lost a lot of talent... The goalie was by far the best player on the team and kept them in every game. Not sure Breakers will win a game all year given the loss in talent.

I think...
          #2 SSS (best coach and even better when top 12s are added in tourney's to help out)
          #3 GPS (can't argue with GotSoccer points even though all points are from GPS tourney's)
          #5 Stars (just not the same quality as in past - ECNL hurting the recruiting???)

Thoughts?
          I think you are onto something... I would switch Aztecs and Stars. I would move Stars higher than Aztecs. Maybe Stars is #3? They did play up last year, reason why they may be low in GotSoccer points.

I do wonder about SSS during the course of the season. I think their coach is pregnant. Will LL take maternity leave? There may be some impact there. Also, it is worth noting that Breakers has an ODP regional player too. Can't wait for the season to start and see how the teams do.

Comment

I think...

Thoughts?
            Where did the former Breakers goalie end up?

Comment

I think...

Thoughts?
              You'll get a clue soon enough.

Comment

Their NEFC coach was also their ODP coach. Also LL is an ODP coach. No surprise most picked for the regional are NEFC and SS Select players. Not fishy at all!!

Comment

I think...

Thoughts?
                  #1 - best goalie?
                  #2 - true about dual rostering...
                  #3 - lots of points but have never played any of the above teams
                  #4 - very good team and will beat NEFC
                  #5 - not sure they lost any talent - gained...

Comment

Stars rising u13- Tied all Breakers games last year except won them out in winter indoor scorpion tourney. They also lost impact players including their GK
                    They also tied the SSS team in a freindly match. They Gained
                    Aztec never played any top 11v11 competition. Unsure where sudden talant came from.
                    GPS never played any top 11v11 competition.
                    NEFC has just merged thier talant so remains to be seen.
                    Breakers gained former stars impact player.

Comment

Their NEFC coach was also their ODP coach. Also LL is an ODP coach. No surprise most picked for the regional are NEFC and SS Select players. Not fishy at all!!
                      Incorrect. NEFC coach handled U14 ODP age group this past year. There were no NEFC or SSS coaches for the rising U13's.

Comment

Sure there was the NEFC coach is the 2002 ODP coach. Also LL coaches the older girls, same thing. If it looks and smells like a fish it typically is!!

Comment

Stars rising u13- Tied all Breakers games last year except won them out in winter indoor scorpion tourney. They also lost impact players including their GK
                          They also tied the SSS team in a freindly match. They Gained
                          Aztec never played any top 11v11 competition. Unsure where sudden talant came from.
                          GPS never played any top 11v11 competition.
                          NEFC has just merged thier talant so remains to be seen.
                          Breakers gained former stars impact player.
                          So both the Breakers and the Stars lost their GK's? Where did they go?

Comment

This will all be decided on the pitch. Let's not fret over 12 year old soccer.

Comment

Sure there was the NEFC coach is the 2002 ODP coach. Also LL coaches the older girls, same thing. If it looks and smells like a fish it typically is!!
                              I also think there is something fishy with ODP and the selection is not transparent. Players that have advocates within the program have a very high probability to move forward. A player can make it on his/her own if extremely talented. Selection is so subjective and no clear guidelines on what they are looking for is provided. It really seems that players are selected before regional camp. How can players be ID'ed fairly on the first evening? The ID process should take the 4 days. All the kids should be in the "bubble" the entire camp--drifting in and out depending on the skills they are being evaluated on. They should make an announcement some time after the camp. The kids ID'ed on the first day were already in a team practicing own their own (apart from the other girls) on the second day first thing in the morning. There is no fairness in this process. A lot of good players get over looked this way. There is an interesting thread on ODP for those interested.

Comment

Wrong again. My child is a 2002. No NEFC coach handled them this past ODP season.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X