X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    OMG!

I thought NEFC was bad. The Dewhursts are absolute pigs to take what they are from a nonprofit!

For 6/30/2014:

Jason: $175,089 in w-2, plus $38,206 in other comp
    Sarah: $75,159 plus $8067 in other comp

NH
    Put me in the camp of those offended by using a nonprofit to advance themselves financially.

If Stars were not a nonprofit then I would not have a problem.

Shame on JD and the Mrs. for doing this through a nonprofit.

In case anyone did not already know, it is crystal clear that the big clubs are all about the Benjamins.

Comment

Gee, I'm shocked. All along I thought Stars and especially NEFC were doing all they do pro bono.

Comment

Put me in the camp of those offended by using a nonprofit to advance themselves financially.

If Stars were not a nonprofit then I would not have a problem.

Shame on JD and the Mrs. for doing this through a nonprofit.

In case anyone did not already know, it is crystal clear that the big clubs are all about the Benjamins.
        Anyone think they weren't about the Benjamins?
        I'm more interested in why 3 of top 4 titles drew $0 - what's their upside?
        Running a $3M business with 13% margins that kicks $400K into a stability fund is far from excessive. It's flat out reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by Yablu View Post
          Anyone think they weren't about the Benjamins?
          I'm more interested in why 3 of top 4 titles drew $0 - what's their upside?
          I think Mazar gets his cut through the facility lease. $300k or so.

Comment

I think Mazar gets his cut through the facility lease. $300k or so.
            Pocket change for him

Comment

People are woefully ignorant of what it means to be a non-profit. If you want to see real gouging, look at those so called charities that want your old car. Most colleges are non-profits; look at what their administrators get paid. You want to get rich, start a charity that deals with animals. People will blindly hand you money.
              Enough said.

Comment

Teaching a particular sport to children—An organization teaching a particular sport to children by holding clinics conducted by qualified instructors in schools, playgrounds, and parks; by encouraging student participation in tournaments; by arranging for attendance by players and instructors at state tournaments; and by providing free instruction, equipment, and facilities is exempt from federal income taxation under IRC 501(c)(3) as educational. Rev. Rul. 65–2, 1965–1 C.B. 227; amplified by Rev. Rul. 77–365, 1977–2 C.B. 192.

Comment

There's a sucker born every minute (of "tryouts")...

Comment

Promoting sports for children—An otherwise qualifying organization formed to develop, promote, and regulate a sport for individuals under 18 years of age by organizing local and statewide competitions, promulgating rules, organizing officials, presenting seminars, distributing a newsletter, and otherwise encouraging growth of the sport qualifies for exemption under IRC 501(c)(3). This organization limits its activities to individuals under the age of 18 years. Rev. Rul. 80–215, 1980–2 C.B. 174, distinguishing Rev. Rul. 70–4, 1970–1 C.B. 126.

Comment

Coaches and DOCs take salaries? Who knew? The CEOs of the Red Cross, United Way and Salvation Army work for free, don't they?

Comment

Coaches and DOCs take salaries? Who knew? The CEOs of the Red Cross, United Way and Salvation Army work for free, don't they?
                        Amazing how some people don't give a **** about conflicts of interest.

Comment

Amazing how some people don't give a **** about conflicts of interest.
                          Exactly! Earning a living, and especially daring to make a salary that comes anywhere close to the median here among TS posters, are outrageous crimes. Yes, let's get the Globe Spotlight team on this and file a complaint with the Attorney General's office. I just assumed they flew in all these soccer folks from Tibet to volunteer and live in 8-man dorms in a local monastery.

Comment

Exactly! Earning a living, and especially daring to make a salary that comes anywhere close to the median here among TS posters, are outrageous crimes. Yes, let's get the Globe Spotlight team on this and file a complaint with the Attorney General's office. I just assumed they flew in all these soccer folks from Tibet to volunteer and live in 8-man dorms in a local monastery.
                            Hillary's hiring.

Comment

The CEOs of Red Cross, United Way, etc are hired by independent boards and their compensation is negotiated at arm's length. JD runs the Stars and takes what he wants.

Sure, a soccer club can be a legitimate non profit. However, IMHO, the way the Stars are run raises a substantial question about whether the overriding test in 501c3 of "no part of the net earnings inures to the benefit of an individual" is violated.

Comment

The CEOs of Red Cross, United Way, etc are hired by independent boards and their compensation is negotiated at arm's length. JD runs the Stars and takes what he wants.

Sure, a soccer club can be a legitimate non profit. However, IMHO, the way the Stars are run raises a substantial question about whether the overriding test in 501c3 of "no part of the net earnings inures to the benefit of an individual" is violated.
                                Yes, it's so obvious how much cleaner NEFC is run with no profits or individual interests at stake. Kudos, NEFC.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X