Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is what you are bragging about. Congrats on joining your so intimidating Fc Buck ecnl peers in wpsl. I hope this time your JD will not duck when he faces Nefc.
    http://www.wpsl.info/teams/index.php
    It may not be the very top league in the country, but the Breakers have both their second and third level teams from their recently released development pyramid playing in this league. Seems like a good place to start and a step in the right direction to me.

Comment

Stars will now keep a lot of its top players that played for the Aztecs or Breakers reserve team/college team. There is not enough talent to support 5 teams. This will actually hurt the Breakers teams. Again the Breakers/NEFC is trying to say they have this great pyramid model to the pro's but as people will find out if you are good enough to make the pro's you will find your way there. Don't need to do it through the Breakers/NEFC pyramid scam.

Comment

Stars will now keep a lot of its top players that played for the Aztecs or Breakers reserve team/college team. There is not enough talent to support 5 teams. This will actually hurt the Breakers teams. Again the Breakers/NEFC is trying to say they have this great pyramid model to the pro's but as people will find out if you are good enough to make the pro's you will find your way there. Don't need to do it through the Breakers/NEFC pyramid scam.

Thanks, we will all flock to stars now so we can be called more names after college. Wait, JD only cares about what brings him money to his pocket. We'll be safe. So who will be the coach? Do I have to pay for anything? Isn't this basically a summer league? Do we have to play against NEFC? We want to win though.

Comment

Who will fund this league ? I truly hope my stars of ma dues go up a bit so my rover kid will support JD's new hobby.

Comment

This is what you are bragging about. Congrats on joining your so intimidating Fc Buck ecnl peers in wpsl. I hope this time your JD will not duck when he faces Nefc.
            http://www.wpsl.info/teams/index.php
            Who's ducking? Stars have played NEFC , what age group are you referring to? Funny you guys all think these coaches hate each other from other teams.

Comment

womans PRO SOOCER?? Try an art history or english major

Comment

It may not be the very top league in the country, but the Breakers have both their second and third level teams from their recently released development pyramid playing in this league. Seems like a good place to start and a step in the right direction to me.
                Seems to be a direct response from JD to the NEFC/Breakers deal. And imo a pretty smart one. Will now compete head to head with the Breakers teams in the league and the Stars players that basically made 50%+ of the Aztec roster will now stay at the stars. FC Boston seems to be getting left behind..

Comment

Seems to be a direct response from JD to the NEFC/Breakers deal. And imo a pretty smart one. Will now compete head to head with the Breakers teams in the league and the Stars players that basically made 50%+ of the Aztec roster will now stay at the stars. FC Boston seems to be getting left behind..
                  Yes we know Stars players made the bottom 50% of Aztec roster. Could not pass a ball
                  accurately 10 yards but could certainly "boot" it.

Comment

So what's going on with the age mandate at FC Scorpions for 16-17 upcoming season?

Comment

So what's going on with the age mandate at FC Scorpions for 16-17 upcoming season?
                      Why would it be any different? ECNL has already posted their new age groupings which was discussed to death on this board long ago. They have to follow those.

Comment

So if u18/u19 group is formed does wpsl become platform for 98s? In June?

I found this thread on the Virginia board and have not seen it mentioned here. Has anyone heard about this? It describes the ECNL changes for next season.

http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showthread.php?t=143044

For those of you too lazy to read it, the crux of the changes are:
                        “ECNL sent an email out to their DoCs yesterday. ECNL is going birth year for fall 2016. They will have u17+u18 teams, u16, u15, u14 and the new u13(2003 born kids).”

What interests me about it is that I am a self-proclaimed big data geek and I’ve been into analytics my entire career. The crux of the issue is that 98/99 kids will be lumped together in the formerly known as U17/U18 age groups.

I decided to see what the impact would be on our local ECNL teams by looking at their current U16 and U17 teams. The Stars do not yet have their rosters posted for this season, but I used last years and excluded 2016 graduates. The Breakers have theirs posted so I was able to use those birthdates.

Stars Breakers
                        U17: U17:
                        1998 – 11 1998 - 12
                        1999 – 10 1999 - 7
                        U16: U16:
                        1999 – 11 1999 - 8
                        2000 – 11 2000 - 10
                        Total 98/99 - 31 Total 98/99 - 27

So the ECNL allows up to 30 players to be rostered, fine, but to me these roster #s are staggering. I would suspect that each clubs’ NPL-NE teams have similar birth year differentials. I know the NPL has not yet announced what their plans are, but if they go with the same combination, I would expect to see similar #s.

I see this as a total cluster, and this goes for NEFC as well if the NPL follows suit. You are going to have teams with giant rosters combined with college bound kids (who admittedly have tons of conflicts Senior year, but none the less need their reps to prep for college) and others who are a grade lower and who may not yet be committed but will certainly be close and need to showcase themselves. With a game day roster of 18, there certainly isn’t a lot of playing time to go around.

So my question is – will we see the emergence of some sort of college-prep league? Or maybe more friendlies between the clubs? I know a few college coaches and they absolutely want their recruits getting their touches both in training and in game conditions during their senior year.

All this said, I am sure that in the coming years, the effect will be normalized as the age relative effect shift from Aug-Dec to Jan-July, but for the kids currently in the program for their entire club lives and presumably participating in these leagues for years (and yes I am assuming the NPL does the same) it would seem to me that quite a few kids are going to be knocked down to lesser teams, through no fault of their own, but purely due to a numbers game. For a clubs like these and especially NEFC with stacked U16 & 17 teams, there are going to be a lot of unhappy campers over the next few years, especially factoring in the costs of travel for these teams.

I would have to think that the ECNL analyzed the #s, but I am not so sure how deep they went, at least for next season. I would have expected a gradual shift with a distinct 98 team with lots of 99s playing up. I limited this to Mass, since this is a Mass board (and I don't have the time to look elsewhere) but for those of you who think JD holds tremendous power over the ECNL, I'm not so sure since there is no way he is going to be able to keep those 31 players even remotely satisfied next season under this structure, and as I mentioned earlier, I suspect the same for the NPL.

Comment

Seems that if Stars and Nefc have U20 option there's room to accommodate the large 18/19 pool numbers above. Question is will rising u17 top teams be broken up splitting 99s from 00s

Comment

Seems that if Stars and Nefc have U20 option there's room to accommodate the large 18/19 pool numbers above. Question is will rising u17 top teams be broken up splitting 99s from 00s
                            It's not a question. Next year's U17 teams will be populated exclusively by kids born in 2000. Any 99s that are currently rostered on U16 teams will skip over U17 and be lumped into the U18/U19 age group.

Comment

It's not a question. Next year's U17 teams will be populated exclusively by kids born in 2000. Any 99s that are currently rostered on U16 teams will skip over U17 and be lumped into the U18/U19 age group.
                              It may not be a question but combining the 98-99 ages with those #s shows that the age change should have been phased in starting at the u13 and below ages rather than reformatting everything at once. I'm sure the NPL teams have similar #s so the lesser 98-99 ECNL players will be pushed down to NPL and then the low end of the NPLs will be pushed down to NEP and so on. Nefc GPS Aztecs and the other NPLs must be facing the same issue.

Comment

Well, as has been pointed out kids who have been playing together for years and are near aging out could just move up as a team and 17s and down filled easily. The U20 teams can fill some of the void even if only basically a summer league (but likely coming with training as well)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X