Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My kid is at the age

My daughter is seven and we feel it is time to choose what athletic path she should follow. With her skill set we feel soccer would be the perfect sport for her. One of the reasons is she is really good at kickball. Neither my wife or I ever played the game, so we decided to come here for some direction. In the long run is soccer an expensive proposition? Does she need to join a club right away? If so, what club is the best around here to fully maximize her potential? We have another daughter, but she is only three so we are hoping her experience will help when it comes to decide what path she should take!

Guess not a good place for advice. I was hoping for direction!

Comment

Obvious troll is obvious

Comment

I suggest you attend a few practices and talk to other parents you can carpool with. It's really not that expensive if your kid is really good, and it sounds like she is, because good clubs give scholarships.

Comment

If she's really good at kickball, she's going to be a natural for soccer. May I recommend the Stars?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            If she's really good at kickball, she's going to be a natural for soccer. May I recommend the Stars?
            Why don't you start a kickball league? Does she have a twin?

Comment

My daughter is seven and we feel it is time to choose what athletic path she should follow. With her skill set we feel soccer would be the perfect sport for her. One of the reasons is she is really good at kickball. Neither my wife or I ever played the game, so we decided to come here for some direction. In the long run is soccer an expensive proposition? Does she need to join a club right away? If so, what club is the best around here to fully maximize her potential? We have another daughter, but she is only three so we are hoping her experience will help when it comes to decide what path she should take!
              Why do you keep doing this? Seriously, what are you trying to accomplish?

Comment

Why don't you start a kickball league? Does she have a twin?
                Not a twin, but a younger sister.

Comment

Not a twin, but a younger sister.
                  Your kid is at the age where she no longer needs naps and she will no doubt surpass you intellectually in the next few months.

Comment

Make sure you put her on the proper diet and pay someone for some private training!

Comment

I assume she and her younger sister have already had their concussion baseline tests. This way if anything happens in the future the doctors can have her stack blocks by color to ensure she's consistent with past performance (unless she's advanced and can move on directly to coloring inside the lines).

Comment

I assume she and her younger sister have already had their concussion baseline tests. This way if anything happens in the future the doctors can have her stack blocks by color to ensure she's consistent with past performance (unless she's advanced and can move on directly to coloring inside the lines).
                        I did not know they needed to do this!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X