Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bolts Indoor Center

Bolts has an indoor center/home base at Stoughton.

Interesting inconvenient location

Incredibly inconvenient.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Incredibly inconvenient.
      Incredibly jealous??

Comment

Incredibly inconvenient.
        Why? Because you don't live 3 minutes away?

Comment

Incredibly inconvenient.
          Yes, because driving to Marlborough or Bedford is a hop, skip, and a jump.

Comment

well......yes.

Comment

Because the distance between Harvard, Rashi, and Mt Ida is too far to drive during rush hour.

If they do a lot of practicing there, it prohibits anyone that lives north of Dedham northward from joining the Bolts.

The Bolts needed a facility no further south than Needham.

Comment

Because the distance between Harvard, Rashi, and Mt Ida is too far to drive during rush hour.

If they do a lot of practicing there, it prohibits anyone that lives north of Dedham northward from joining the Bolts.

They can put it in Eastbum**** as far as I'm concerned. It's about time!!

Comment

Yes and I would love a home in Needham as well, but that is not happening anytime soon. My kid will gladly make the "treacherous" trip to Stoughton. Oh, the horror of it.

Comment

Yes and I would love a home in Needham as well, but that is not happening anytime soon. My kid will gladly make the "treacherous" trip to Stoughton. Oh, the horror of it.
                    I can't wait to try to drive from MetroNorth to Stoughton! We thought Dedham was bad.

Comment

The interesting thing about this thread is the protagonists clearly don't see what is going on in youth soccer. All of the clubs (not just the Bolts) are involved in sort of an arms race trying to expand to their player pools in order to grow the club in order to compete with the real monster clubs that already exist around the country. If a club doesn't grow, it will whither and eventually die away in this environment because they won't be competitive with what it out there. Since most families initially pick clubs based upon convenience, in order to expand player pools clubs need to expand the number of locations they operate out of. Eventually what happens is location becomes a non issue over time because the clubs usually merge teams at the older ages to create stronger teams and that makes accessibility more important than actual location because players are coming from all over the state to play on them. You folks are just arguing about infrastructure and don't see the forest for the trees.

Comment

I can't wait to try to drive from MetroNorth to Stoughton! We thought Dedham was bad.
                        So did you drive to Marlborough in the past, because I have and it was terrible. Same with Bedford, Taunton, or Gillette Stadium for that matter. There is traffic everywhere.

Comment

The reason bolts teams falter is because they don't train like other top clubs, even in MA. So they sure do need an indoor facility. But two times a week off season isn't competitive anymore - they should be training 4 times a week. That's why Stoughton is unfortunate. They need something like the Valeo facility - which is obviously why Valeo has the best younger players now. When the Valeo kids get to DAP age, they have to consider giving up the indoor training advantages Valeo has in exchange for winter outdoors with the Bolts. Even with Stoughton, the Bolts are unlikely to match Valeo's training opportunities.

Comment

For bolts in general, too little too late. If not for the DAP, they would be gone.

Comment

The reason bolts teams falter is because they don't train like other top clubs, even in MA. So they sure do need an indoor facility. But two times a week off season isn't competitive anymore - they should be training 4 times a week. That's why Stoughton is unfortunate. They need something like the Valeo facility - which is obviously why Valeo has the best younger players now. When the Valeo kids get to DAP age, they have to consider giving up the indoor training advantages Valeo has in exchange for winter outdoors with the Bolts. Even with Stoughton, the Bolts are unlikely to match Valeo's training opportunities.

First, if your product is good, the consumer will go and shop there.
                              Second, Valeo does not have the 'best youth teams', or at least they are no better (likely not as good) as NEFC or GPS. The latter two have ample facilities and their players travel far and wide to get there.
                              I agree that convenience is great, but if the product is good......

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X