Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feel like I'm being fleeced as a parent

My daughter was just recruited by an area club. I have both a bachelor's and a master's degree in sales and marketing, so I wasn't born yesterday, if you know what I mean.

Come to find out that my daughter has been rostered on the B team even though when they recruited her, they told us they wanted her for the A team. Based on attending the first few training sessions, I'd say her coach thinks he should be coaching the A team, as he's always remarking about having this or that high level coaching diploma or license. That is, when he's not busy texting on his phone.

Am I wrong to be thinking we made a bad choice here, or should I just shut up and pay the club fees?

No, no, no! Run from your current club to Valeo. They are the Branch Davidians of youth soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      My daughter was just recruited by an area club. I have both a bachelor's and a master's degree in sales and marketing, so I wasn't born yesterday, if you know what I mean.

Come to find out that my daughter has been rostered on the B team even though when they recruited her, they told us they wanted her for the A team. Based on attending the first few training sessions, I'd say her coach thinks he should be coaching the A team, as he's always remarking about having this or that high level coaching diploma or license. That is, when he's not busy texting on his phone.

Am I wrong to be thinking we made a bad choice here, or should I just shut up and pay the club fees?
      LOL. This is actually a great way to enter the weekend..thanks man. Watch you get a legit response to this.

Comment

Definitely sounds like you have experienced some bait and switch but what you should do about it is pretty much up to you. First and most important question, knowing that for girls that this is a very complex issue, is your daughter happy with her placement? Does she like the other girls? Even though the coach might come off as a bit of a dink, does she feel that she is learning and improving as a player? Recognizing that trust appears to have been violated, what is the rationale you have been given behind putting her on the "B" team? Sometimes after all the tryouts when kids start practicing it becomes apparent that other kids just aren't up to speed enough to displace players. Are you getting any feedback that explains the situation and how long do they project her to be there? Lastly where are you going to go where you assume it would be better?

Comment

LOL. This is actually a great way to enter the weekend..thanks man. Watch you get a legit response to this.
          you are most welcome, my anonymous friend.

Comment

Definitely sounds like you have experienced some bait and switch but what you should do about it is pretty much up to you. First and most important question, knowing that for girls that this is a very complex issue, is your daughter happy with her placement? Does she like the other girls? Even though the coach might come off as a bit of a dink, does she feel that she is learning and improving as a player? Recognizing that trust appears to have been violated, what is the rationale you have been given behind putting her on the "B" team? Sometimes after all the tryouts when kids start practicing it becomes apparent that other kids just aren't up to speed enough to displace players. Are you getting any feedback that explains the situation and how long do they project her to be there? Lastly where are you going to go where you assume it would be better?
            Told you !

Comment

I would buy u a beer if I knew u. When the "stars" aling perhaps a friendly for our daughters? ....I will.

Comment

Why not respond with a legitimate answer? At least that way something of value might come out of the thread instead of letting the whahoos just throw mud at each other all weekend.

Comment

Why not respond with a legitimate answer? At least that way something of value might come out of the thread instead of letting the whahoos just throw mud at each other all weekend.
                  It is rather interesting how some will apparently make things up to start a discussion with the sole purpose of bashing something or someone and we all let them do that instead of just playing a long with the premise and turning it into an interesting discussion. No matter what the intent, this could actually be an interesting topic if you just ignore the obvious idiots.

Comment

You seriously have got a problem BTDT. How many more times are you going to do this? And with the exact same themes again and again?

Comment

You seriously have got a problem BTDT. How many more times are you going to do this? And with the exact same themes again and again?
                      BTDT or not, the guy does have a problem. He actually just told you about it. Take it or leave it. Are you suggesting he's got more then one daughter?

Comment

Ah, so here we have it. This thread got started just so this asshatt can throw his hands up and bash one person. How novel. It certainly is not like we haven't seen this same theme over and over and over and over and over again.

Comment

Clever.

Comment

Who is BTDT and why do people think he posted this?

Comment

Who is BTDT and why do people think he posted this?
                              He didn't start the thread nor did he post anything that was attributed to him. It is all a myth to draw attention away from a couple of threads (Womens verbal college commitments, GPS- Bayern Munich Partnership etc) that Stars fanatics (ie coaches) also started but don't like the direction they are turning in. Whenever that happens we get threads like this with the same old tired claim. Here is the sniff test. Was there anything derogatory written in this thread before the btdt bashing started? That tells you that it was a set up to do just that.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X