Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter Goalkeeping Training

Does anyone know of any clinics for goalkeepers taking place this winter, or coaches that run private sessions indoors? Our club isn't offering goalkeeping training in the winter due to limited rental time, so looking for alternatives for my U12 son.

Where do you live?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Does anyone know of any clinics for goalkeepers taking place this winter, or coaches that run private sessions indoors? Our club isn't offering goalkeeping training in the winter due to limited rental time, so looking for alternatives for my U12 son.
      Time to find a new club. Why should you be paying for something out of pocket that just about every other club provides? It's not like they are skimping on training the field players are they? If your son is interested in pursuing being a keeper he should get as much training as those field players do.

Comment

Where do you live?
        We live in the South Shore, but prepared to travel.

Comment

Time to find a new club. Why should you be paying for something out of pocket that just about every other club provides? It's not like they are skimping on training the field players are they? If your son is interested in pursuing being a keeper he should get as much training as those field players do.
          I agree all keepers should be training in the winter. I would press the club on that. But most clubs most only have one session/week. No club has equal keeper to field player training. The best have 2x/week in season, most only 1/week, while field players have 2-3/week and the keepers will be at some of those field sessions in the net. There are a clubs that do GK training well but not many. Sometimes "training" is with a large group with a wide range of ages which is only so helpful. The sad reality for keepers is if they really want to improve they often do have to go outside.

Parent of 2 GK

Comment

Aztec offers GK training all winter, but that would be too far for your family, I would guess....good luck! Hope you find something.

Comment

Thanks for the advice/feedback so far. It seems not too many option for clinics. Any private coaches that people can recommend? I would assume most private coaches don't do much in the winter due to the same problem of space, but if you know of anyone that would be helpful.

Comment

I agree all keepers should be training in the winter. I would press the club on that. But most clubs most only have one session/week. No club has equal keeper to field player training. The best have 2x/week in season, most only 1/week, while field players have 2-3/week and the keepers will be at some of those field sessions in the net. There are a clubs that do GK training well but not many. Sometimes "training" is with a large group with a wide range of ages which is only so helpful. The sad reality for keepers is if they really want to improve they often do have to go outside.

Parent of 2 GK
                You are just in the wrong club then. Not saying they are the best club or that others don't do things on a comparable scale but we are with NEFC and they have an extensive GK training program. They have multiple sessions per week in multiple locations. If you can't find enough training with that type of schedule then you aren't trying hard enough.

Comment

We live in the South Shore, but prepared to travel.
                  Would you travel to Uxbridge?

Comment

I just did a quick google search. Has anyone had any experiences with these coaches/organizations:

http://www.makethesave.net/
                    http://1on1soccer.com/
                    http://www.johngraysonsoccerclinics.com/
                    http://www.number1goalkeeping.com/

Seems that theres more options then I first thought, but feedback would be helpful.

Comment

JW of Americankeepercompany.com. His site is down for some work, but I know he's doing his clinics at a couple of spots this winter, on the south shore and coast.

Comment

Why don't you just put up an add for your services or promote who you want to promote instead of going through this farce.

Comment

Thanks for the advice/feedback so far. It seems not too many option for clinics. Any private coaches that people can recommend? I would assume most private coaches don't do much in the winter due to the same problem of space, but if you know of anyone that would be helpful.
                          Try keeperstop.com. They provide training and equipment.

Comment

Why don't you just put up an add for your services or promote who you want to promote instead of going through this farce.
                            Thank you for your help *****hole

Comment

Revs Académy teaches goalies.

http://www.revolutionsoccer.net/acad...programs%20%20

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X