Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feel like I'm being wasted as a coach

I was recently hired by a decent club here in Boston. I have my USSF B and NSCAA Advanced diploma.

Find out that during the winter I will be training three “B” teams instead of helping train the “A” teams. The pay is the same but I’m thinking why the club would waste my coaching knowledge on the “B” team when I can offer so much to the “A” team.

BTW: The guys that are coaching the “A” teams have an USSF E, E and D license. Am I wrong to maybe reconsider or should I just shut it up, train the “B” teams and collect the money.

You sound like a typical college graduate thinking that they should be CEO when they just got hired.

The answer is real simple. Go out an prove you belong with those A teams and pay your dues with the club then come back to start a thread like this.

Comment

If you really do not want to teach the B team kids you will have difficulty being a good coach for them. Try to find an employment situation that will affords you more satisfaction and you will likely do a better job.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I was recently hired by a decent club here in Boston. I have my USSF B and NSCAA Advanced diploma.

Find out that during the winter I will be training three “B” teams instead of helping train the “A” teams. The pay is the same but I’m thinking why the club would waste my coaching knowledge on the “B” team when I can offer so much to the “A” team.

BTW: The guys that are coaching the “A” teams have an USSF E, E and D license. Am I wrong to maybe reconsider or should I just shut it up, train the “B” teams and collect the money.
        Sounds just like DM. You might want see where this attitude led him. Unemployed then forced to relocate to a state where he hasn't burned all of his bridges.

Comment

Does anyone really think this is legit? That the "coach" is the one posting?

Comment

This good be one of the most rewarding experiences of your coaching career. When you're new unless you're from the area you have to prove yourself and your qualifications don't coach you do. Good luck and give the kids you're coaching a great experience.

Comment

Does anyone really think this is legit? That the "coach" is the one posting?
              Nope. If you've invested the time to make it thru B and Advanced Natl then I'd like to believe you have a passion for coaching and developing players, more than measuring the players you're coaching versus not coaching or the qualifications of your colleagues.

Ignorant/immature or fake. Take your pick.

Comment

Totally fake dont waste time

THIS is a complete joke DO NOT RESOND.

Comment

THIS is a complete joke DO NOT RESOND.
                  Why not flush out the agenda. Pretty clear there is one, don't you want to know what it actually is?

Comment

Maybe the frustrated boss. Will give the thread to the coach to read and tell him to do his job or move on. I know a lot more people that are underemployed than over employed.

Comment

Welcome to GPS, mate

Comment

If you really want to coach, what does it matter?

It could be a challenge, it could be rewarding.

I've seen clubs where the A/B teams were extremely close skill wise and you could exchange players and not know the difference.

I feel sorry for the kids you'll be coaching, with your attitude.

Comment

Welcome to GPS, mate
                          There's not a coach other than a Bradley that has those credentials in that club. Too expensive.
                          This a parent troll thread as well.

Comment

If you really want to coach, what does it matter?

It could be a challenge, it could be rewarding.

I've seen clubs where the A/B teams were extremely close skill wise and you could exchange players and not know the difference.

I feel sorry for the kids you'll be coaching, with your attitude.
                            I have your credentialed history as well, but have been a coach for 25+ years.
                            I have come to realize that you can have the so-called A teams; I'm very content to enjoy my B teams. I promote players, I accept cut players and I have alot more fun on Sundays and at tournaments. Lower blood pressure as a result.
                            Grateful parents as well.

Comment

I have your credentialed history as well, but have been a coach for 25+ years.
                              I have come to realize that you can have the so-called A teams; I'm very content to enjoy my B teams. I promote players, I accept cut players and I have alot more fun on Sundays and at tournaments. Lower blood pressure as a result.
                              Grateful parents as well.
                              This is the difference between someone who does it for the kids and one that does it for their career. The ones parents really end up appreciating are the ones that realize by focusing on the kids, that begets all of their other career aspirations.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X