X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grandma

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Its true, the english do suck. Glad there's a ma club partnering with a winning EU team.
    If one parent was born in the eu its easy to swing dual citizenship so no problem playing oversees or training. But most of the time the strongest team members are given an honor of training overseas.
    A few EU countries will give citizenship based on grandparent status - so guarenteend a US kid can prove that.

Comment

peeps be droolin

I wonder if the VALEO peeps are going to read this post? Gotta love what the Bradley boys are doing, this move is quality!
      those peeps be DROOLING.

What a great future for development versus overcompeting and overcommitting 11 yr olds (like the peeps be doing)

Comment

face it people, the press look great. Goal.com even picked it up. However, i await to see what will change in training at GPS. Who will benefit? Time will tell, but i believe not many. However, it did quiet Valeo, which is hard to do.

Comment

60,000 kids affiliated, no american kid can play in europe as they wouldnt get a work permit as they wont have full international caps as kids, so therefore couldnt live in europe unless they have parents as part of the EU. So this is a huge advertising opportunity for GPS and a great partnership, but a partnership that wont lead to your child playing abroad, only good thing would be if the coaches were replaced with actual coaches instead of young english coaches who arent really that good.

Like all other things, we will have to wait to see what happens. If GPS sends a cadre of kids other to Germany for training....free....then it might be a cool thing. If Bayern coaches become a regular (i.e. all year) part of the GPS coaching staff then that would be great. Otherwise, it would be somewhat superficial. The Bolts affiliation with Celtic has not been a real big attraction as there is little beyond summer camp and the chance to pay a lot of money to go to Celtic.

I am curious if there has ever been an American youth (< 16) that has been invited to be a resident a any of the abroad youth training schools.

Comment

Like all other things, we will have to wait to see what happens. If GPS sends a cadre of kids other to Germany for training....free....then it might be a cool thing. If Bayern coaches become a regular (i.e. all year) part of the GPS coaching staff then that would be great. Otherwise, it would be somewhat superficial. The Bolts affiliation with Celtic has not been a real big attraction as there is little beyond summer camp and the chance to pay a lot of money to go to Celtic.

I am curious if there has ever been an American youth (< 16) that has been invited to be a resident a any of the abroad youth training schools.
            Summer invites are in the works for the best! Get ready Ma soccer - GPS is moving you up.

You're welcome

Comment

God bless the queen.

Interesting how the UK coaches were a total non-sequitur - so many clubs they are desperate to get into bed with. SO little to offer. Finally GPS is breaking free of the UK yoke. God bless the queen for letting us go!

Comment

Never knew bayern had any good youth academy program. At least no great track record. They just recruited the best players from other German clubs. Kinda like GPS though.

I would say this is good for both of them. No culture conflict between them.

Comment

face it people, the press look great. Goal.com even picked it up. However, i await to see what will change in training at GPS. Who will benefit? Time will tell, but i believe not many. However, it did quiet Valeo, which is hard to do.
                  yeah baby!

Comment

Mine was. But he was young and didn't want to miss the holidays.

Comment

http://m.nbcsports.com/content/bayer...-united-states

Comment

60,000 kids affiliated, no american kid can play in europe as they wouldnt get a work permit as they wont have full international caps as kids, so therefore couldnt live in europe unless they have parents as part of the EU. So this is a huge advertising opportunity for GPS and a great partnership, but a partnership that wont lead to your child playing abroad, only good thing would be if the coaches were replaced with actual coaches instead of young english coaches who arent really that good.
                        Not a big deal, non compensated athletes can get EU athlete visas just like the P1 Visas for the States.More common than you think.Things like this are worked out between nations everyday. This affiliation is huge for American youth soccer players who play for GPS across the multiple states.

Comment

Never knew bayern had any good youth academy program. At least no great track record. They just recruited the best players from other German clubs. Kinda like GPS though.

I would say this is good for both of them. No culture conflict between them.
                          Are you nuts....Philipp Lahm, Holger Badstuber, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Toni Kroos, David Alaba and Thomas Muller...to name a few came through the academy

Comment

at least not disastrous Brits

Are you nuts....Philipp Lahm, Holger Badstuber, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Toni Kroos, David Alaba and Thomas Muller...to name a few came through the academy
                            Absolutely. At least Germany has a sound academy program, it's not AJAX, but what is? At least it's not disastrous English!

Comment

Don't you IDIOTS reading this thread realize that the first 3 pages were all GPS employees posting on this site...

Comment

Don't you IDIOTS reading this thread realize that the first 3 pages were all GPS employees posting on this site...
                                Zip it skippy - I posted and am not a GPS employee. Sorry your club is stuck in the 00's ;)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X