Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This was wildly prophetic. I don't know much about Braintree's players but it seemed like #3 and #24 were the most dangerous players on the field and #3 left with an injury midway through the second half and #24 got absolutely crushed right before OT. Looked like a possible concussion.
    #3 and #24 from Braintree or Brockton? The talk was about Brockton being dirty, but unless I'm reading this wrong it looks like you were saying that Braintree played a bit dirty. If that's the case, how was Brockton - Dirty or just physical?

Comment

#3 and #24 from Braintree or Brockton? The talk was about Brockton being dirty, but unless I'm reading this wrong it looks like you were saying that Braintree played a bit dirty. If that's the case, how was Brockton - Dirty or just physical?
      The way I read it is that #3 & 24 for Braintree were their best 2 players and both got knocked out of the game. Read it as dangerous = good

Comment

The way I read it is that #3 & 24 for Braintree were their best 2 players and both got knocked out of the game. Read it as dangerous = good
        That's exactly what I meant. #24 for Braintree scored both goals and Brockton was shouting all night to mark #3, so they clearly knew who was dangerous. I can't say for certain what caused #3's injury but the hit on #24 was really bad. She did come back into play but I have to wonder what the coach was thinking allowing her back in. And she wasn't nearly as effective in the OT.

Comment

That's exactly what I meant. #24 for Braintree scored both goals and Brockton was shouting all night to mark #3, so they clearly knew who was dangerous. I can't say for certain what caused #3's injury but the hit on #24 was really bad. She did come back into play but I have to wonder what the coach was thinking allowing her back in. And she wasn't nearly as effective in the OT.
          I'll just add that I'm not sure if Brockton was intentionally dirty or just undisciplined and unathletic. They have 3 or 4 really good attacking players which allows them to score and relieve pressure but their defense is not very good at all. They'll get exposed next round.

Comment

I'll just add that I'm not sure if Brockton was intentionally dirty or just undisciplined and unathletic. They have 3 or 4 really good attacking players which allows them to score and relieve pressure but their defense is not very good at all. They'll get exposed next round.
            They might get exposed but they'll take several good players out of the game with them.

Comment

#3 is a jr and #24 is a freshman. They are both dangerous players and have done most of the scoring all year. Brockton did their homework on Braintree but the referees should have controlled the game better. Brockton players were getting very physical and the referees did not do their job and protect the players from injuries. They were playing the player first and ball second. Their is a difference in physical play and down right reckless.

Comment

Hope the two players are ok and nothing serious.

Comment

Which team has a chance to upset the top seeds?

Wellesely vs Bishop Feehan
                  Brockton vs Franklin
                  Weymouth vs Needham
                  Newton South vs Whitman Hanson

I think Brockton has the greates chance of upsetting Franklin due to their physical play and they have a few good goal scores in Franklin over looks them tonight.

Comment

Brockton vs Franklin
                    Weymouth vs Needham

I think Brockton has the greates chance of upsetting Franklin due to their physical play and they have a few good goal scores in Franklin over looks them tonight.
                    Brockton loses by 4. No chance. Hack ball only takes you so far.

Comment

Brockton vs Franklin
                      Weymouth vs Needham

Weymouth over Needham. Tough to beat a team 3 teams in a year and seem to be getting closer. I say weymouth in pks.

Comment

Brockton loses by 4. No chance. Hack ball only takes you so far.
                        Hopefully Franklin emerges relatively healthy but I'm betting at least one player gets seriously injured. Brockton has no respect for the game or its opponents

Comment

Hopefully Franklin emerges relatively healthy but I'm betting at least one player gets seriously injured. Brockton has no respect for the game or its opponents
                          I think Franklin can take of themselves, they are not known for their "polite" play either.

Comment

I think Franklin can take of themselves, they are not known for their "polite" play either.
                            Just don't bring a knife to a gun fight. This should be the most physical game of the tourney.

Comment

I'll go on record and say that Brockton is intentionally dirty----I've seen them play a bunch of times over the last few years. This is taught at the youth level and encouraged at the high school level. It's not an opinion but a fact. They are out to hit hard, injure and intimidate other teams.

If you want to beat Brockton, mark their two skill players---the midfielder who has great ball skills and the player going to Brown next year. If you play them tight and physical but clean they won't like it. Another thing about Brockton is they run out of gas because their bench is not deep at all.

Comment

Weymouth over Needham. Tough to beat a team 3 teams in a year and seem to be getting closer. I say weymouth in pks.
                                Not a chance. But you can always dream.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X