Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ROLF - really think it works that way? You're either naive or just plain stupid. Probably a bit of both. You said it yourself. Needham played a great game yesterday. They were on, Amherst was off. It's entirely possible that if they replayed it, Amherst wins. This is why you can beat a team 5-1 the first time and draw the three weeks later 2-2.
    Well, it is more intelligent than someone trying to say that Sutton could be anything based on nothing.

Comment

Well, it is more intelligent than someone trying to say that Sutton could be anything based on nothing.
      Yeah, Sutton kids have done well recently but as you can their parents are obnoxious. They were posing all year as they planned to beat all the CMass Div 1 teams, but that didn't work out so good. So now they are trash talking the Div 1 State Champs. LOL!

Comment

Congratulations to the Needham rockets. Compare schedules, and no other team played even half as many quality sides as Needham. As a recent state champ coming off an undefeated regular season, they also had a target on their backs all season long. To win their league, and the tournament, and go undefeated, they've earned a parade. Humbly enjoy it.

Comment

3 games--9, 11 am and 1 pm. Quincy Veteran's Memorial Stadium.
          Do I have to guess which time is which division?

Comment

Kind of depends on what we're talking about here. Sutton has a dozen or so D1 MAPLE players. They've sent four or five players into the college ranks over the past three years - two to D1 (UMASS Amherst and PC). They'll send more this season and at least one more next year. They play a very tough D4 schedule - five D1 schools including the #1, 4 and 5 ranked teams in CMASS (Sutton's ranked #3) this season plus they play two of the top D3 schools in CMASS every season twice each (Douglas and Nipmiuc are in Sutton's conference). They also schedule Bromfield every season - the other big cheese in CMASS D4.

So could they be competitive in D1 and make the post-season distric tournament seeded respectably? Yes. Could they beat a Needham? Yes - on any given day, Sutton can take on anyone and give them a very competitive game. But if we're talking about winning a D1 state championship, no way. We're talking about a school of fewer than 400 students that also fields a football team and boy's cross country team in the fall. They get more out of what they have than any school I'm familiar with, but depth would be an issue and you need depth to go from game to game against top competition.

Sutton's where they should be. Maybe D3 - perhaps their quality should be factored in despite what enrollment criteria dictate. They're a good side and anyone who underestimates them because they're D4 is just asking to take it on the chin. But winning a D1 state championship? Not happening.

Congrats to Needham by the way. Would have liked to see them play yesterday.

The UMASS kid dropped off the soccer team his first year there and the PC kid didn't even play for Sutton HS because he played Dap.

Comment

Do I have to guess which time is which division?
              Well, since you asked so nicely, all the teams will have players from DI, II and III.

Comment

Well, since you asked so nicely, all the teams will have players from DI, II and III.
                Do you have a link to a site with info for these games? How exactly are the teams organized? I'm sure they're not just taking all star players from 3 divisions and picking names out of a hat to make teams.
                Thanks.

Comment

Games are North v South. Players pick the time of their games on the form they're given by their coaches/EMass Soccer Coaches Association. First come first serve basis for the teams. No rosters have been released.

Comment

Congrats Needham

Congratulations to the Needham rockets. Compare schedules, and no other team played even half as many quality sides as Needham. As a recent state champ coming off an undefeated regular season, they also had a target on their backs all season long. To win their league, and the tournament, and go undefeated, they've earned a parade. Humbly enjoy it.
                    It was not an easy task to endure the regular season undefeated no less and continue the streak through the tournament, congratulations you earned it.

Comment

It was not an easy task to endure the regular season undefeated no less and continue the streak through the tournament, congratulations you earned it.
                      I read in Mass Live story that many play for Blazers. Do they practice in Needham? Needham used to be solid Bolts country ? and the story also said that a player from Amherst also plays for the Blazers. What's the story? Why travel so far?

Comment

Games are North v South. Players pick the time of their games on the form they're given by their coaches/EMass Soccer Coaches Association. First come first serve basis for the teams. No rosters have been released.
                        Thank you. FWIW, I did google it and even called MIAA but they seem to nothing to do with it. Mostly interested in what would be the most entertaining game. If you get anymore info it would be appreciated.

Comment

Thank you. FWIW, I did google it and even called MIAA but they seem to nothing to do with it. Mostly interested in what would be the most entertaining game. If you get anymore info it would be appreciated.
                          These games are organized by the coaches association. MIAA has nothing to do with it, as they have nothing to do with all-star exhibitions in any sport. Reputation of these games is that they are pretty sketchy, because none of the players play together in advance. Also, player selection is constrained to get representation from all leagues.

Comment

I read in Mass Live story that many play for Blazers. Do they practice in Needham? Needham used to be solid Bolts country ? and the story also said that a player from Amherst also plays for the Blazers. What's the story? Why travel so far?
                            You're probably reading too much into it. Needham and nearby towns' players gravitate to the clubs that are closest, and also it can depend on a sibling's club, the club team's relative success, carpooling, etc. NEFC and MPS are other clubs who have players from this part of the state. Blazers have had good teams in some age groups before, so it's no surprise that they good players in HS age groups now.

Comment

I was wondering how long it would take for a Blazer idiot to try to make some type of claim to this and combine it with some type of Bolts bash. Must be very insecure under that aura of HS supremacy. Something to do with never winning that National Championship I guess. Enjoy watching intramurals in College.

Comment

A couple of the current Needham players were not offered spots in the DAP.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X