Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Who is BTDT? Is this a person who continues to belabor how overrated NESCACs are? And what does that person have to do with MCLA? Isn't MCLA a small, little-known, New England D3, like Roger Williams?
    What does MCLA have to do with NESCAC? Same level of soccer I guess.

Comment

OK. I'll match you. NESCAC is a wonderful conference with fantastic schools. The best there is. There. I've said it. That makes me right, right?

I'm so tired of the envy on this board. Your daughter is where she is. Be happy for her and happy for others. Such a simple philosophy. Try it. You'll live a happier life and die in peace.

Soccer is a game. It's meant to be played with joy and love. The rue and vitriol are spoiling the magic. Stop it.

Comment

OK. I'll match you. NESCAC is a wonderful conference with fantastic schools. The best there is. There. I've said it. That makes me right, right?

I'm so tired of the envy on this board. Your daughter is where she is. Be happy for her and happy for others. Such a simple philosophy. Try it. You'll live a happier life and die in peace.

Soccer is a game. It's meant to be played with joy and love. The rue and vitriol are spoiling the magic. Stop it.
        All true. I would add that losing graciously and being respectful of the opponent are also lost virtues. The kids are fine, it is the parents who have lost perspective. Sad for them.

Comment

So much for the NESCAC being a power conference. Same thing every year. Claims of superiority and the inability to prove it. More like NESGAG.

How about the mighty newmac, where are they now?

Comment

Who is BTDT? Is this a person who continues to belabor how overrated NESCACs are? And what does that person have to do with MCLA? Isn't MCLA a small, little-known, New England D3, like Roger Williams?
            No it is not the person who does that. That is nothing but a tired ploy that goes to a much deeper effort to attack that person by claiming they are the author of all of the negativity that gets posted on this forum. His daughter played soccer for MCLA and he has expressed his view that D3 is the soccer level where school comes before the sport and as such people who want to get overly excited about it (like insisting that the best D3 soccer programs, which they claim the NESCACS to be, are inter changeable with a low level D1 program) are a little nuts. MCLA has now become sort of a focal point for those nuts because it apparently is below what they think a quality education is. The sad thing though is in U.S. News & World Report's "Best Colleges" 2015 edition, MCLA is ranked one of the top ten public liberal arts colleges in the nation, and is one of only 6 non-military institutions in the top ten. MCLA doesn't have much of a soccer program though. What really happens is their efforts to throw mud at their target create animosity from other groups who see it as elitist trash talking and they turn around and throw mud at the NESCACS. Its nothing but a vicious little circle that most can easily ignore.

In U.S. News & World Report's "Best Colleges" 2015 edition, MCLA is ranked one of the top ten public liberal arts colleges in the nation, and is one of only 6 non-military institutions in the top ten.

Comment

What happens in this thread is not all that dissimilar to what happens in the D1 threads. Go read some of the posts made in the D1 thread over this past fall. Conferences, teams, coaches and players get ripped to shreds. The big difference between that thread and this one is there appears to be an inferiority complex in this one and whenever a post swipes at one of those targets it seems to rile up a special indignation as though no one should dare criticize the entire D3 level. It is just one of the peculiarities of this website.

Comment

Excellent game in Williamstown today. RW was the best team Williams has seen this year. The Nescac has become a very defensive league and there simply aren't other teams in the league that are as potent on offense as RW was.
                RW has really become a regional power. AD is probably very happy that LR of Wheaton backed out of the head coaching job four years ago after initially accepting it. Wheaton with its national recruiting base failed to make the tournament for the second year in a row and lost in the second round of the ECAC. Something is going right at RW.

Comment

RW has really become a regional power. AD is probably very happy that LR of Wheaton backed out of the head coaching job four years ago after initially accepting it. Wheaton with its national recruiting base failed to make the tournament for the second year in a row and lost in the second round of the ECAC. Something is going right at RW.
                  Actually the AD at Roger Williams (former long time extremely successful wrestling coach there) can't stand Tim Moody the head caoch. They bang heads all the time according to a few coaches and staff members in that dept.. RWU coach is building his resume to prepare for his next move and get out before the AD gives him the boot. It is a volatile relationship. Hate, hate.

Comment

Here we go again with the Haters Club, the Jealousy Club. Middlebury with their national recruiting base went 10-7-0, did not make the NCAA tournament (made the final 4 last year), same for Tufts, same for Trinity (who made the NCAA last year), same for many others around the country. What is your point other than being a hater and a jealous person?

Comment

Here we go again with the Haters Club, the Jealousy Club. Middlebury with their national recruiting base went 10-7-0, did not make the NCAA tournament (made the final 4 last year), same for Tufts, same for Trinity (who made the NCAA last year), same for many others around the country. What is your point other than being a hater and a jealous person?
                      I dont know a lot about what goes n at wheaton, but I agree with you that it sounds like jealousy or an axe to grind. The fact is LR has an all time, and in all divisions, top 5 winning %. Plus one of the fastest to 100 wins. Division 3 has also improved in every area over the past 10 years, with the popularity of club soccer. Add in the many ambitious, knowledgeable, and proven coaches now being able to make a good living, in division 3. You now have a much more competative arena. I also think that the economic conditions of the past 5+ years hasn't helped, with Wheaton costing a bit over $60,000 a year. I've seen them play a few times the last 3 years, but they are always organized and well coached. I just don't see the same level of player in a Wheaton uniform, that I saw in their final 4 year,10 years ago. No way you can say he isn't out working 99% of the coaches out there.

Comment

Regional recruiting base RWU team beat national recruiting base MIT team. The College of New Jersey with their in-state NJ recruiting base just made it to the Elite 8. To the original poster, you see how moronic your statement sounds? What does it matter where the players come from?

Comment

So much for the NESCAC being a power conference. Same thing every year. Claims of superiority and the inability to prove it. More like NESGAG.
                          Well, a NESCAC team has made it to the final four in the men's and women's tourney this year. Last year, too. How 'bout your conference? I'm guessing not.

Comment

Regional recruiting base RWU team beat national recruiting base MIT team. The College of New Jersey with their in-state NJ recruiting base just made it to the Elite 8. To the original poster, you see how moronic your statement sounds? What does it matter where the players come from?
                            It does seem logical that the larger the recruiting base the more quality players to chose from. Obviously these schools with a regional recruiting base are doing something right either in recruiting, coaching, or a combination of both.

Comment

Well, a NESCAC team has made it to the final four in the men's and women's tourney this year. Last year, too. How 'bout your conference? I'm guessing not.
                              Not only that but Messiah is out.

Comment

Congratulations to Williams Women and Tufts Men soccer teams as the both advance to D3 Final Four. Go NESCAC! Not bad for an urban myth conference.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X