Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just because you can spell "fact" and can string together a lot of words does not mean that you are close to being correct. Since you seem to be a history buff, please identify all the recent state cups where the top Stars teams got "dominated." We'll wait patiently for that one. ECNL and the various events fill up the schedules of the top Stars teams. The fact that your kid's 2nd rate team can't get a chance to lose by 4 goals to a Stars team is something you'll just have to learn to live with (kind of like learning to live with what you have to look at in the mirror every day). Good luck.
    My daughters team has beaten Stars consistently, so I'm not sure where you're going with your comment about losing by 4 goals. You realize, just like much of MA, Stars are not the club they were 4-5 years ago. Yes, they are in an elite league, but they really haven't done a whole lot to prove their superiority and when non-ECNL teams are beating them, I think parents realize that there are other avenues. As someone pointed out, players tend to join clubs because of the coaching. Stars have about 3 good coaches and they fired the other good one. Oh well!

Comment

My daughters team has beaten Stars consistently, so I'm not sure where you're going with your comment about losing by 4 goals. You realize, just like much of MA, Stars are not the club they were 4-5 years ago. Yes, they are in an elite league, but they really haven't done a whole lot to prove their superiority and when non-ECNL teams are beating them, I think parents realize that there are other avenues. As someone pointed out, players tend to join clubs because of the coaching. Stars have about 3 good coaches and they fired the other good one. Oh well!
      These kind of posts are always suspect. Team and age group?

Comment

Do your research or ask one of the Stars coaches.

Comment

You can go up and down the age groups and find the same story. The scores are all there for all to see and the research has been presented here numerous times. The bottom line is the Stars put a lot of effort into getting out of the gates fast and generally do quite well during the few pre season contests against non encl teams but at the end of the year after all things have basically equalized their results are less than impressive. Go look it up if you don't believe it.

Comment

Do your research or ask one of the Stars coaches.
            Why bother? You gave me my answer. Full of it.

Comment

Current U15 and 16. And I am not the poster.

Comment

Ok. What team?

Comment

Ok. What team?
                  I can't speak about the 16's because I don't know but if the club is NEFC they are talking about then I can't remember the current U15's beating Stars ECNL 4-0. They have always been close games either way. I think the original OP was talking about another club. So I am interested in what club and age group. Otherwise I am calling BS.

Comment

Current 17's are about even, maybe slight edge to NEFC. Current 18's are better.

Comment

was disney tournament worth it? We plan on going next year. To parents of SSS please.

Comment

Current 17's are about even, maybe slight edge to NEFC. Current 18's are better.
                        The current U17s just went to NY and played in like the 6th bracket, didn't win a game. That must be the team you are talking about??? They can't come close to current U17 NEFC Elite team.

Comment

The current U17s just went to NY and played in like the 6th bracket, didn't win a game. That must be the team you are talking about??? They can't come close to current U17 NEFC Elite team.
                          The U17 SSS team is not very good. They where on the bottom in D1 maple. They do not compare to GPS and NEFC

Comment

Select Truth

Let's not mess around okay?

Everybody knows the Select U14 team is very good, as is the U13 team, U12 team, and U11 team (which is supposed to be dynamite)

But any talk of the U15+ teams is going to end badly for Select hopefuls. None of the U15+ Select teams can compete at the top levels of New England. The U15 team is basically a B team after that team imploded. The U16 team is an okay MAPLE D1 team. The U17 team is also a shell having lost all of their strong players twice. And the U18 team is mid level MAPLE.

The U14 team is the first good U14 team the club has had in some time, it will be interesting to see if they can keep it going. Usually the Select teams fall apart at either U13 or U14 (see all of their older teams as examples)

Comment

Everybody knows the Select U14 team is very good, as is the U13 team, U12 team, and U11 team (which is supposed to be dynamite)

But any talk of the U15+ teams is going to end badly for Select hopefuls. None of the U15+ Select teams can compete at the top levels of New England. The U15 team is basically a B team after that team imploded. The U16 team is an okay MAPLE D1 team. The U17 team is also a shell having lost all of their strong players twice. And the U18 team is mid level MAPLE.

The U14 team is the first good U14 team the club has had in some time, it will be interesting to see if they can keep it going. Usually the Select teams fall apart at either U13 or U14 (see all of their older teams as examples)
                              I heard the SSS U14 team lost to Stars U14 ECNL 5-0 a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

One of the main reasons kids would leave SSS was they wanted to play at higher level such as ECNL, NPL, Region 1. Now that SSS has moved up to Region 1 and current 14's playing in National League against some very good competition, I think they will retain most of their current players.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X