Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refs get paid a lot of money in youth soccer

As I sit on the sidelines enjoying watchign my kids play, i am always amused by parents who get so angry about the refs. 9 times out of 10 the parents who make 150k+ combined bitch about the lack of accountability. Then they talk about how the refs can make good money.

Ref fees start at $15 for AR's and $30 for center refs for the young kids and can get up to $70 as a center ref and $35 for AR at the u18 level.

Now $70* 6 games might sound like a decent amount but, at the older ages the refs generally rotate so in a 3 game day they would center once and AR twice.

The refs have to pay their own renewal each year of $100. They must buy their own uniform, equipment etc. And bottom line have to deal with ******* coaches and clueless parents.

Decent money for a kid. Something to do for someone over 30 and really just a terrible job.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    As I sit on the sidelines enjoying watchign my kids play, i am always amused by parents who get so angry about the refs. 9 times out of 10 the parents who make 150k+ combined bitch about the lack of accountability. Then they talk about how the refs can make good money.

Ref fees start at $15 for AR's and $30 for center refs for the young kids and can get up to $70 as a center ref and $35 for AR at the u18 level.

Now $70* 6 games might sound like a decent amount but, at the older ages the refs generally rotate so in a 3 game day they would center once and AR twice.

The refs have to pay their own renewal each year of $100. They must buy their own uniform, equipment etc. And bottom line have to deal with ******* coaches and clueless parents.

Decent money for a kid. Something to do for someone over 30 and really just a terrible job.
    no **** !! thanks for nothing

Comment

Don't put all the blame on parents and coaches .some of these Florida refs are terrible and bias torwards certain clubs...

Comment

The guy from Fish hawk is the worst, he does High School and Middle School games in the Tampa area and he is the worst, very one sided when he see his players playing HS or middle school and when he does competitive, he is of the chain.

Comment

I don’t get paid enough. So, what I do is take a little extra form those SF coaches I know and give them a few favorable calls at the right time...and, yea, the extra money makes a difference.

Comment

I don’t get paid enough. So, what I do is take a little extra form those SF coaches I know and give them a few favorable calls at the right time...and, yea, the extra money makes a difference.
            This explains a lot

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X