Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chargers excited about managing Rowdies Summer Team

There is a lot of excitement at the Chargers about managing Rowdies U23 PDL Team? The USL 2 is a summer league for college players to stay in shape. It’s the former PDL League. I don’t know what the Chargers are telling their players. They are not feeding into Barcelona but to the Rowdies summer team. The Rowdies need to fill the stands so they need to work with more then TBU.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There is a lot of excitement at the Chargers about managing Rowdies U23 PDL Team? The USL 2 is a summer league for college players to stay in shape. It’s the former PDL League. I don’t know what the Chargers are telling their players. They are not feeding into Barcelona but to the Rowdies summer team. The Rowdies need to fill the stands so they need to work with more then TBU.
    Sounds like the mafia is just a bit butt hurt

Comment

The Rowdies were stupid for siding with one club and doing their joint thing with TBU. It alienated so many other clubs which could have been feeding them fans. They should have stuck with working with all clubs in the community. Now kids at WFF, CC and other clubs grow up thinking of the Rowdies as their rivals, not their local professional club. If the CC thing works out more than 1 year, it might help a little for the Rowdies, but I doubt it works out. They still need to reach out to more clubs in the area like they did before the TBU stuff

Comment

The Rowdies were stupid for siding with one club and doing their joint thing with TBU. It alienated so many other clubs which could have been feeding them fans. They should have stuck with working with all clubs in the community. Now kids at WFF, CC and other clubs grow up thinking of the Rowdies as their rivals, not their local professional club. If the CC thing works out more than 1 year, it might help a little for the Rowdies, but I doubt it works out. They still need to reach out to more clubs in the area like they did before the TBU stuff
        Rowdies needed TBU the most when they were pursuing an MLS club. Now that the Rowdies were passed over for MLS they really don't need to mess with any local clubs. This is not like Manchester United where kids grow up dreaming to play for them. CC used to have a Rowdies "exclusive relationship" and it fizzled out quickly. Why would the Rowdies rekindle that relationship again, now, when they need local clubs less?

Comment

Rowdies needed TBU the most when they were pursuing an MLS club. Now that the Rowdies were passed over for MLS they really don't need to mess with any local clubs. This is not like Manchester United where kids grow up dreaming to play for them. CC used to have a Rowdies "exclusive relationship" and it fizzled out quickly. Why would the Rowdies rekindle that relationship again, now, when they need local clubs less?
          Easy answer is ticket sales.

Comment

Another useless patch on the kit

Comment

Another useless patch on the kit
              You'll find the knuckle sandwich that I give you pretty worthless also, sparky....

Comment

Originally posted by Magic Dick View Post
                You'll find the knuckle sandwich that I give you pretty worthless also, sparky....
                Shut the F U C K up

Comment

Now RL & NB have another lie they can sell towards parents/players. Play in our DA and you will play in our U23 PDL team. Unbelievable!

Comment

Please the only solution to fill the stands is to move out of St. Pete period! The Rowdies organization did TBU dirty with this move.

Comment

Now RL & NB have another lie they can sell towards parents/players. Play in our DA and you will play in our U23 PDL team. Unbelievable!
                      But to be realistic, most TBU boys will not want anything to do with U23 PDL. At TBU the culture is to play soccer at a good (if not great great) college and then hang up the cleats and go on to have successful careers as educated professionals. Other clubs sell a different (and much less realistic) vision of playing soccer at professional levels. Not doing the young men a favor.

Comment

But to be realistic, most TBU boys will not want anything to do with U23 PDL. At TBU the culture is to play soccer at a good (if not great great) college and then hang up the cleats and go on to have successful careers as educated professionals. Other clubs sell a different (and much less realistic) vision of playing soccer at professional levels. Not doing the young men a favor.

100% true!

Comment

This is such bs every soccer player at tbu wants to the the best soccer player on the planet. The problem is not everyone can be and the training is a C+ or b at best. No one get into soccer thinking, I am going to use this to get into college. The upside is if soccer don't work out player always have their education to fall back on. This non sense of college first and soccer second is hilarious.

Comment

I think on the girls side it is more about college than pro, so I disagree with this. Maybe that's true on the boys side.

This is such bs every soccer player at tbu wants to the the best soccer player on the planet. The problem is not everyone can be and the training is a C+ or b at best. No one get into soccer thinking, I am going to use this to get into college. The upside is if soccer don't work out player always have their education to fall back on. This non sense of college first and soccer second is hilarious.

Comment

You're over-looking the role of the parent in this whole thing. Who lets their kid that is playing club soccer in SW Florida think "soccer first and college second" past maybe 13-years old? That just plays into the hands of clubs like WFF, IMG, CC, etc. and them convincing your daughter is going to play "pro" in the NWSL or son playing in the MLS.

I can think of better other way to ruin your kids future than let htme chase the professional soccer dream and end up working as a heating and cooling tech.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X