Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inter Miami Academy Blew It

I actually feel sorry for the Management Team and Ownership Of Inter Miami. It seemed from a high level they had the best intentions of building an Academy and getting involved with the South Florida soccer crowd doing it the right way. They blew it the day that hired a bunch of clowns from Weston who resemble a bunch of drug lords from Columbia much more than Soccer coaches anyone would want responsible for your kids soccer development. I’m not talking about the growing pains that come with something new but all the other stuff including politics, player selections based on everything but soccer in many instances and so much more. I have been hard pressed to find anyone who has anything positive to say about the program. The MLS team will kick but sooner than later but the Academy has failed on ever level.

They didn’t need to hire the Weston crew to penetrate South Florida but should have hired a neutral Academy Director with no ties or bias. You hardly needed anyone to sell the merits of Having your child join an MLS team In Miami which by the way is free. It will take maybe 3-4 years before someone at the top realizes they blew it assuming they care.

I have always lived by the saying free isn't good..they can keep it..without good training and coaches free means absolutely nothing..25 kids to a roster is down right ridiculous ..they can have it ..

Comment

I agree 100 percent. The training sessions are Mickey Mouse at best not even 5 hour a week. They travel teams in Kendall have more practice time.

For the parents who have drank enough cool aid to think their kid is getting somewhere just ask yourselves name the last homegrown mls talent from anywhere??

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I actually feel sorry for the Management Team and Ownership Of Inter Miami. It seemed from a high level they had the best intentions of building an Academy and getting involved with the South Florida soccer crowd doing it the right way. They blew it the day that hired a bunch of clowns from Weston who resemble a bunch of drug lords from Columbia much more than Soccer coaches anyone would want responsible for your kids soccer development. I’m not talking about the growing pains that come with something new but all the other stuff including politics, player selections based on everything but soccer in many instances and so much more. I have been hard pressed to find anyone who has anything positive to say about the program. The MLS team will kick but sooner than later but the Academy has failed on ever level.

They didn’t need to hire the Weston crew to penetrate South Florida but should have hired a neutral Academy Director with no ties or bias. You hardly needed anyone to sell the merits of Having your child join an MLS team In Miami which by the way is free. It will take maybe 3-4 years before someone at the top realizes they blew it assuming they care.
        They don’t care it’s a well known fact with almost all mls academies it’s a marketing tool for the club!

Comment

They don’t care it’s a well known fact with almost all mls academies it’s a marketing tool for the club!
          No one cares about their ulittles. Sucker parents need to stop writing checks

Comment

What did you expect Beckham would bring in a bunch of hard nosed disciplined trainers from the uk and make it the real deal? This is the bananna republic if you haven’t noticed.

Comment

MLS clubs really don't want to be in the youth soccer business, at least they don't want to be training 50-80 kids in the hope that less than a handful MIGHT become a homegrown for them or sold off for not much $. At many MLS clubs the academy program isn't a rpp priority. They do it because they have to. Others are really making a commitment to it but also want out of BDA so they can run things the way they want. Inter giring local coaches and bringing in a large of players was easy for them when they're far more focused on getting the first team up and running, building their brand etc. By the time they're ready to focus more on development MLS clubs may be out of BDA altogether.

Comment

I agree 100 percent. The training sessions are Mickey Mouse at best not even 5 hour a week. They travel teams in Kendall have more practice time.

For the parents who have drank enough cool aid to think their kid is getting somewhere just ask yourselves name the last homegrown mls talent from anywhere??
                But you still have to write a check to get a little better training that isn't going to take your kid anywhere, at least $$$ is staying in my pocket sucker!

Comment

I have always lived by the saying free isn't good..they can keep it..without good training and coaches free means absolutely nothing..25 kids to a roster is down right ridiculous ..they can have it ..
                  Sure lol!, 5 star treatment, free gear , free travel expenses, top competition at practice, top tournaments GA cup, showcases ,ICC cup , state of the art facility being built. Sure I don't want my kid to be part of it!Hahaha. I rather pay hahahhahah.wait! Hahahaahahaha.

Comment

Sure lol!, 5 star treatment, free gear , free travel expenses, top competition at practice, top tournaments GA cup, showcases ,ICC cup , state of the art facility being built. Sure I don't want my kid to be part of it!Hahaha. I rather pay hahahhahah.wait! Hahahaahahaha.
                    Sure I hid had to be written by Pastore? It’s more like being in the mafia with a bunch of crime bosses at the top who know exactly how to save and cover their asses? They will be exposed in 3 years when McDonough actually cares and isn’t listening to a scrub like Michia blame the kid or parents again.

Comment

I don’t know Michia or have had any experience with him good or bad but I will say the limited times I have seen him it just seems like he’s the type to sit around and talk crap about the parents - and I wouldn’t want him involved with my kid.

Comment

Weird

A few years ago when Atlanta United took over the best local club and basically made it into their academy program the comments and bitching from people that thought their kids should be in were almost the same word for word. Did ya'll move south? For any Inter parents on here, which I seriously doubt there are. Mybadvise is ignore the noise, take it for what it is, mybkid got a scholarship out of it without me payingvtravel club expenses for years. They will eventually produce a couple of professionals and a bunch of college players. But the majority of kids that pass through the program wont be successful professional players. But thats okay because the majority of academy players in Europe and South America don't end up playing professionally either. So my advice to any Inter parents that may be on here is to ignore the noise, its typical. Make sure your kid is enjoying the journey and if not pull him out. Believe me... LIFE GOES ON!

Comment

A few years ago when Atlanta United took over the best local club and basically made it into their academy program the comments and bitching from people that thought their kids should be in were almost the same word for word. Did ya'll move south? For any Inter parents on here, which I seriously doubt there are. Mybadvise is ignore the noise, take it for what it is, mybkid got a scholarship out of it without me payingvtravel club expenses for years. They will eventually produce a couple of professionals and a bunch of college players. But the majority of kids that pass through the program wont be successful professional players. But thats okay because the majority of academy players in Europe and South America don't end up playing professionally either. So my advice to any Inter parents that may be on here is to ignore the noise, its typical. Make sure your kid is enjoying the journey and if not pull him out. Believe me... LIFE GOES ON!
                          Just seeing this and Some good stuff in there but take a snapshot of the Academy Atlanta coaching staff and then look at Inter’s??? Put them side by side parents and draw your own conclusions usually not so shallow but it’s an easy read.

Comment

How do you know that about Europe? Are you European? In Europe academy players who don’t make first or second division still have a chance to go to college (basically free) and keep playing semi professionally in third or forth division whose level is similar to college or USL in US. In Europe in an area the size of South Florida there are two first division clubs, three second division and five or six third division. Just to compare the chances that US players and European players have to make some money by doing what they love.

Comment

How do you know that about Europe? Are you European? In Europe academy players who don’t make first or second division still have a chance to go to college (basically free) and keep playing semi professionally in third or forth division whose level is similar to college or USL in US. In Europe in an area the size of South Florida there are two first division clubs, three second division and five or six third division. Just to compare the chances that US players and European players have to make some money by doing what they love.
                              Playing all year round

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X