Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there room for fighting in girls soccer?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not to mention the refs did nothing. No cards even issued.
    That's unacceptable

Comment

Not to mention the refs did nothing. No cards even issued.
      Next time that girl will think twice about getting physical and mouthing off. I don’t condone it, but sometimes that’s how some people learn unfortunately. Where were her teammates? Someone should have had her 6.

Comment

who can forget - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E1fMx7jgxQ

Comment

My bad, I stand corrected. I must have missed this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fox61.c...ccer-game/amp/

PS - you should really have someone show you how to post a link though 😎
          “A Derby HS soccer players” and “the player turned themselves in”. Hahahaha. The writer of this article should turn themselves into journalism school. Or at least back to 5th grade.

Comment

“A Derby HS soccer players” and “the player turned themselves in”. Hahahaha. The writer of this article should turn themselves into journalism school. Or at least back to 5th grade.
            This is the type of passion we coach up on my division winning (2x) rec team. Win at all costs, even if it means jail time.

She has a place on my team if she wants.

Let that marinate, pal.

Comment

Refs let that one get insanely out of hand. Reds would’ve been handed out like candy if that had been a boy’s game!

Comment

Refs let that one get insanely out of hand. Reds would’ve been handed out like candy if that had been a boy’s game!
                I think she got kicked off the team after that made national news. But the thing is she didn't just suddenly start acting that way. If she got away with it for years she was going to continue. Her coach definitely knew about her. Stupid to risk a red card and possible loss with a player like that, but if the coach knew refs rarely call women's fouls he would continue to look the other way.

Comment

Next time that girl will think twice about getting physical and mouthing off. I don’t condone it, but sometimes that’s how some people learn unfortunately. Where were her teammates? Someone should have had her 6.
                  They assaulted her. That is never ok. A little elbow jab, ankle slice...not beating an opponent in the head.

Comment

I think she got kicked off the team after that made national news. But the thing is she didn't just suddenly start acting that way. If she got away with it for years she was going to continue. Her coach definitely knew about her. Stupid to risk a red card and possible loss with a player like that, but if the coach knew refs rarely call women's fouls he would continue to look the other way.
                    But she didn’t get kicked off the team!
                    https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/c...outputType=amp

She was only held out of 2 games and then back like she did nothing! Unbelievable. If a guy had done those fouls, there would’ve been refs flying everywhere with more than 2 games suspension for each occurrence.

Comment

But she didn’t get kicked off the team!
                      https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/c...outputType=amp

She was only held out of 2 games and then back like she did nothing! Unbelievable. If a guy had done those fouls, there would’ve been refs flying everywhere with more than 2 games suspension for each occurrence.
                      Coach is an idiot to keep such a player. Why risk constant red cards? Is that the kind of player you want on your team? There's other players out there that don't have to resort to trash play. Or maybe the coach likes MMA soccer.

Comment

Coach is an idiot to keep such a player. Why risk constant red cards? Is that the kind of player you want on your team? There's other players out there that don't have to resort to trash play. Or maybe the coach likes MMA soccer.
                        Agree but would coaches discourage violent and dirty plays in girls’ games if the officials won’t call anything and it helps the dirty player/team win? There needs to be a shift to actually calling fouls in girls/women’s games when they happen. Of course soccer is physical but the Laws of the Game are there for a reason. Please call a foul a foul even if the ref doesn’t think the “cute little girl” meant to do it.

Comment

Agree but would coaches discourage violent and dirty plays in girls’ games if the officials won’t call anything and it helps the dirty player/team win? There needs to be a shift to actually calling fouls in girls/women’s games when they happen. Of course soccer is physical but the Laws of the Game are there for a reason. Please call a foul a foul even if the ref doesn’t think the “cute little girl” meant to do it.
                          i watched at least 20 FCIAC games this year-all were very physical, all had great skill all over the field and i only remember one instance where the 2 girls got in each others face
                          its a culture that is controlled by coaches- if the coach allows that behavior then it shows up

Comment

i watched at least 20 FCIAC games this year-all were very physical, all had great skill all over the field and i only remember one instance where the 2 girls got in each others face
                            its a culture that is controlled by coaches- if the coach allows that behavior then it shows up
                            Great skill? There’s very little skill in girls soccer.

Physical yes. Skill no

Comment

Great skill? There’s very little skill in girls soccer.

Physical yes. Skill no
                              you are not paying attention, then
                              there is skill all over the state

Comment

Agree that it’s a culture by some coaches. However, the refs have all the power. If the refs enforced the laws of the game, like they mostly do on the boys’ side, that kind of culture would be squashed pretty quickly. If rules aren’t enforced, the bad fouling is allowed to flourish.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X