Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Were you personally turned down for the head coaching position? Ivy League coaching position is a very coveted position.

I will say it again Men and women can both be great coaches for college women teams.

No one says males need not apply only ones that think it's okay to sleep their player or think so little about the sport they take bribes that directly hurt the team they have been trusted to coach.
    I don’t know about the second one, but the first one definitely happens with women coaching women. Which is where your logic is flawed. It shouldn’t be a gender thing. It should be a person to person thing. On the second one, were there female coaches involved in Varsity Blues (I don’t know. I’m asking). I do know that there were some females doing the bribing in that scandal. So maybe slow your gender roll down a bit and keep your eye on the ball.

Comment

So let's take the last line an put in different identifiers so you get the point....

It currently reads:

"No one is saying MALE coaches don't make great coaches for FEMALE teams. But if you don't take into account issue with GENDER differences to these recent events then your a fool."

Let us see if you agree with this:
      "No one is saying BLACK coaches don't make great coaches for WHITE teams. But if you don't take into account issue with RACE differences to these recent events then your a fool."

People need to stop and actually think about things before they agree or disagree with things!
      Black vs White is not the same as male vs female. Many other famous college coaches male and female have noted there are distinct differences when coaching males and females.

There is one universal when considering differences in race, gender, religion and that is respect. The last two coaches at yale and the other one that coached a yale player lacked that respect. That was my point.

It is possible to emotionally connect with a female player your coaching without wanting to get into her pants and it is possible to set boundaries for that player how has a crush on a coach without first sleeping with her.

Males do it females coaches are able to it but for too long and too many times that has not been the case particularly with males coaches.

Comment

Yeah! What is school thinking those are prime years for chasing Player tail. Too much responsibility for young coach looking for love just off the field.

Good see new generation of coaches take leadership, end this nonsense where people involved think it’s acceptable for a coach to date and have sex with there players.

If you look carefullyyes she young but resume looks like a class act and even in college she knew she wanted to coach soccer. Best of luck to her and team.
        Especially with those new Nike shorts women’s teams are wearing. Women’s games are now PG-13, it’s like players are wearing cheeky bikinis!

Comment

I don’t know about the second one, but the first one definitely happens with women coaching women. Which is where your logic is flawed. It shouldn’t be a gender thing. It should be a person to person thing. On the second one, were there female coaches involved in Varsity Blues (I don’t know. I’m asking). I do know that there were some females doing the bribing in that scandal. So maybe slow your gender roll down a bit and keep your eye on the ball.
          I will agree female coaches have and will cross the line with there players. Just picking women will not guarantee to respect these athletes deserve.

Just an interesting note is it looks like the New hire and BF worked at two places together and there has to be more to this story they have been involved in soccer at Stonybrook and Washington University.

Comment

So is a gay female coach ok in your world?

Black vs White is not the same as male vs female. Many other famous college coaches male and female have noted there are distinct differences when coaching males and females.

There is one universal when considering differences in race, gender, religion and that is respect. The last two coaches at yale and the other one that coached a yale player lacked that respect. That was my point.

It is possible to emotionally connect with a female player your coaching without wanting to get into her pants and it is possible to set boundaries for that player how has a crush on a coach without first sleeping with her.

Males do it females coaches are able to it but for too long and too many times that has not been the case particularly with males coaches.

Comment

Great point!

We need to ask them their sexual preference.

Comment

I will agree female coaches have and will cross the line with there players. Just picking women will not guarantee to respect these athletes deserve.

Just an interesting note is it looks like the New hire and BF worked at two places together and there has to be more to this story they have been involved in soccer at Stonybrook and Washington University.
                While woman are sometimes guilty of this type of indiscretion, the vast majority of cases involve men. Sorry, it’s just the facts. Of course, the majority of male coaches don’t conduct themselves this way. Regardless, she’s a good hire and I bet she’ll be there for many years.

Comment

I believe there was one female coach at USC, or perhaps the AD was a female, I forget. Otherwise the women involved were moms trying to give their kids a leg up, unfairly.

No doubt female/female boss and subordinate relationships happen, but with fewer females in higher positions automatically the rate will be much lower than male/female. Sexual harrassment and assault is going to be nearly all male on female. Crime statistics show that. That said there have been a few female coaches who were just horrific to their female athletes- verbal and even physical abuse. Gender is often but not always a determinant of bad behavior

Comment

While woman are sometimes guilty of this type of indiscretion, the vast majority of cases involve men. Sorry, it’s just the facts. Of course, the majority of male coaches don’t conduct themselves this way. Regardless, she’s a good hire and I bet she’ll be there for many years.
                    Gee, historically, I wonder why? Perhaps because nearly all higher level coaches have been men until about 20 years ago (and the number is still probably greater than 90% male in all hs and college coaching levels).

Comment

I believe there was one female coach at USC, or perhaps the AD was a female, I forget. Otherwise the women involved were moms trying to give their kids a leg up, unfairly.

No doubt female/female boss and subordinate relationships happen, but with fewer females in higher positions automatically the rate will be much lower than male/female. Sexual harrassment and assault is going to be nearly all male on female. Crime statistics show that. That said there have been a few female coaches who were just horrific to their female athletes- verbal and even physical abuse. Gender is often but not always a determinant of bad behavior
                      Please present the link for the thorough analysis per capita of the crime statistics that show males have a higher rate of sexual assault on females than the other way around. Males dominate the authority position and the number of occurrences should be expected to be far higher. I have yet to see a study that looks at the rates of that occurrence by gender ..... Not an easy or accurate study to out together.

Comment

Really, who will finally stand up and defend the white males? Who will finally defend them from this persecution?
                        White men are the biggest snowflakes

Comment

The vast majority of coaches re male- so that makes sense statistically
                          But with more women coaching their numbers will creep up
                          Look at Iona’s last coach a woman

Comment

The vast majority of coaches re male- so that makes sense statistically
                            But with more women coaching their numbers will creep up
                            Look at Iona’s last coach a woman
                            It will still be a tiny fraction and dating players is a no-no regardless of gender, as is sexual harassment etc. There have been several female college coaches who were verbally/emotionally and even sometimes physically abusive to athletes. But that happens with male coaches too.

Comment

Agree. Great hire. Bonus that she happens to be a woman.

Comment

lazy hire

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X