Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CCC is for me

Which overrated CCC team will end up with an inflated record from playing a garbage schedule and get a top seed in the state tournament and a first rd bye, only to be one and done this year?

Um....CCC has dominated, dominated boys side for years. So you have to be talking girls. Everyone knows who has the most dominant high school in soccer the last 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Um....CCC has dominated, dominated boys side for years. So you have to be talking girls. Everyone knows who has the most dominant high school in soccer the last 10 years.
      No one talks boys soccer in ct. this site is for girls soccer talk.

Comment

This thread is about CCC on the girls side- it was created because some weren't happy about the amount of discussion of Glastonbury over in the FCIAC thread.

Of course everyone knows who will dominate CCC on the girls side and I am a fan of them, but I'm actually more interested to know who people think can give GHS the best run for their money (in a one off game) this year.

Berlin is Glastonbury's first opponent and returns a forward who was 2nd team allstate LY. They usually have played GHS tough in the past. That one might be an early indicator of how competitive GHS' games will be TY.

Farmington was the only team to tie GHS LY in the regular season (though their goal was definitely against the run of play) and was an L finalist.

Southington and Simsbury were both pretty good LY and Sims even beat one of the better FCIAC teams (Wilton) in the tourney. RHAM was pretty good also, although they got eliminated early in L.

It will also be interesting to see how Lewis Mills does in their first season in the conference. They won M last year but obviously a huge step up in regular season competition. But I think they'll do pretty well.

Comment

Farmington will be hard to beat. Lost only one player from last year’s team, and she didn’t play.

Comment

Farmington will be hard to beat. Lost only one player from last year’s team, and she didn’t play.
            That's good to hear- was hoping to see a game that would likely be very competitive on Halloween. GHS getting a real challenge in the regular season=always a good thing and they play twice.

Big contrast to Farmington on the boys side though which graduated almost everyone.

Comment

Imagine that? Farmington sheds that loud mouthed, FSA Brit 2 years ago and is instantly competitive. Maybe the club should ditch the rest if their girls coaches

Comment

Welcome back to LL... Can you say, "Early exit Farmington".

Comment

That's good to hear- was hoping to see a game that would likely be very competitive on Halloween. GHS getting a real challenge in the regular season=always a good thing and they play twice.

Big contrast to Farmington on the boys side though which graduated almost everyone.
                  Farmington boys just reload and they are a hungry young group. The new coach has them pumped up.

Comment

Farmington boys just reload and they are a hungry young group. The new coach has them pumped up.
                    Reloaded .... they lost the twins .... they are not reloading after losing them ..... one of them was very good and very aggressive (better than the other) ... both were man-sized and tough for other HS kids to beat. I am sure Farmington will still be good, but not as good as they were last year.

Comment

Reloaded .... they lost the twins .... they are not reloading after losing them ..... one of them was very good and very aggressive (better than the other) ... both were man-sized and tough for other HS kids to beat. I am sure Farmington will still be good, but not as good as they were last year.
                      Actually .... maybe not .... new coach and lost 16 players!

https://fhsvoice.org/4116/sports/4116/

Rebuilding at best.

Comment

Actually .... maybe not .... new coach and lost 16 players!

https://fhsvoice.org/4116/sports/4116/

Rebuilding at best.
                        hard to predict which one will be the best boys team this year. Many teams lost strong senior classes and alot of depth. cant see them being as successful at the state level this year.

Comment

This thread is about CCC on the girls side- it was created because some weren't happy about the amount of discussion of Glastonbury over in the FCIAC thread.

Of course everyone knows who will dominate CCC on the girls side and I am a fan of them, but I'm actually more interested to know who people think can give GHS the best run for their money (in a one off game) this year.

Berlin is Glastonbury's first opponent and returns a forward who was 2nd team allstate LY. They usually have played GHS tough in the past. That one might be an early indicator of how competitive GHS' games will be TY.

Farmington was the only team to tie GHS LY in the regular season (though their goal was definitely against the run of play) and was an L finalist.

Southington and Simsbury were both pretty good LY and Sims even beat one of the better FCIAC teams (Wilton) in the tourney. RHAM was pretty good also, although they got eliminated early in L.

It will also be interesting to see how Lewis Mills does in their first season in the conference. They won M last year but obviously a huge step up in regular season competition. But I think they'll do pretty well.
                          You had me until you said Wilton was one of the better Fciac teams. Top half yes, but not top 25 percent.

When was the last time southington made a quarter final game?

Comment

You had me until you said Wilton was one of the better Fciac teams. Top half yes, but not top 25 percent.

When was the last time southington made a quarter final game?
                            The problem with CCC is that even good teams have several losses. subsequently they play a tougher schedule in state playoffs than say a good team in another conference.

Comment

The problem with CCC is that even good teams have several losses. subsequently they play a tougher schedule in state playoffs than say a good team in another conference.
                              Now I know you are a troll

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X