Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Urge everyone to stay away from GPS. The clubs at the Sportsplex: Rush, SCP & Shoreline United (old Shoreline FC) are already options in an extremely saturated, diluted region.

Let's keep GPS out of Connecticut.

The boy running it seems okay, but extremely inexperienced and little to any knowledge of CT soccer, believe he is straight off the boat and sent down by the shysters in MA.
    Exactly how does soccer differ in CT from other places?

Been with GPS in Ma. for 2 years (17 year old boy) and overall very good experience. No club is perfect but the coaches care, know what they are doing, and all that I have met I respect and like very much.

Comment

Exactly how does soccer differ in CT from other places?

Been with GPS in Ma. for 2 years (17 year old boy) and overall very good experience. No club is perfect but the coaches care, know what they are doing, and all that I have met I respect and like very much.
      awesome GPS headquarters now leaking into CT page.

Comment

More like staying in business. Forget profit
        Sportsplex does ok. Soccer is there side job. Baseball is their money maker. They just want their fields rented. If SCP came in and said they would rent 4 soccer fields then they would be exclusive tenants. Since they cannot, Sportsplex is open for business.

Comment

What would be better for sportsplex? One or two strong clubs that continue to grow and expand. These clubs could offer a diverse set of activities and trainings for a range of players and build a brand along with building the Sportsplex brand. or four club scraping for the below average players in the area where no club is able to build their brands and Sportsplex flounders as a host of pathetic clubs. Sportsplex is already shambles with the decrepit bubble that no one wants to play in.
          That’s a bit harsh. Sportsplex is not a world class facility but it is decent. The owners have put in 4 turf fields and they replaced the bubble last year. It’s presentable. I am sure they would love to deal with one tenant but that is not there problem. The clubs have to separate themselves from the crowd. Right now things are a mess. SCP are in the middle of a power struggle and are trying to organize a coup. They have already lost several teams and they may collapse. BJ and the new Shoreline entity may be able to string something together but the staff is weak. Rush could step in to the void that has been created. I see an opportunity for Ginga as well. I could see Rush and Ginga emerging stronger in the next two years.

Comment

Here's the good news. Ben was able to keep his teams together, but my goodness what a pathetic showing on his website. Two pages of begging for a sponsor and fundraising info.

Comment

Good for Ben and his team. Not easy seperating and navigating the CT soccer landscape. What did they end up being called?

Comment

Here's the good news. Ben was able to keep his teams together, but my goodness what a pathetic showing on his website. Two pages of begging for a sponsor and fundraising info.
                Is there a link? He definitely won the battle with Shoreline. Still no sign of a single team with GPS. Still don’t think he has enough to make it on his own though.

Comment

Is there a link? He definitely won the battle with Shoreline. Still no sign of a single team with GPS. Still don’t think he has enough to make it on his own though.
                  Pockets are deep in this area. If he survived so far he will continue to survive. everyone deserves to play premier in this area.

Comment

That's a generic sports engine website. The sponsorship elements come with the design, a number of clubs use that portal.

Comment

That's a generic sports engine website. The sponsorship elements come with the design, a number of clubs use that portal.
                      thanks Ben. Shoreline King of the OVER promise and UNDER deliver

Comment

Pockets are deep in this area. If he survived so far he will continue to survive. everyone deserves to play premier in this area.
                        Disagree strongly. Shoreline struggled at a lot of ages last year. They had to share players who would play up to make sure there were enough players for games. For training they would combine several teams and train together. The majority of what was left is following him but they were dropping players all through the year. Players going back to town programs and to other clubs. He probably got 85% to follow him which means another 15% drop. He will probably get gobbled up and Ginga, SCP AND Rush will benefit. Will be good that there are less Premier teams. Will decrease dilution.

Comment

BJ = clown

Comment

BJ = clown
                            Danny, go easy on Ben. We know you are pissed that he took all your players. Ben is a good coach who works hard and is dedicated. You are pissed because it cuts into your profits. I would suggest you treat your coaches better and put in the time before bashing them.

Comment

Danny, go easy on Ben. We know you are pissed that he took all your players. Ben is a good coach who works hard and is dedicated. You are pissed because it cuts into your profits. I would suggest you treat your coaches better and put in the time before bashing them.
                              Anyone that went with Ben is short sighted

Comment

Anyone that went with Ben is short sighted
                                Why? We are very happy with our son's development with Ben and Jamie. We hear that Paul is coming to Shoreline United also. What is the other option? GPS? An inexperienced young coach that has never worked in CT and his sidekick Pedro Oliveria who knows as much about soccer as an elephant.

Shoreline United with Ben is a no brainer for families who want to stay together if we were to change we would go to Rush not GPS.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X