Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    From what I am learning there are a few boys teams; Tiverton (Aquidneck Island and Fall River) and there is one in Barrington. As for the girls I am hearing there is a new one in Barrington and one in Tiverton (Aquidneck Island.) I think there is also an affiliation with Lincoln. I am not sure how they will do the first year, being new, but the organization seems solid.
    Upon what are you basing your assessment?

Comment

I think this forum is supposed to be for parents who have questions about soccer happenings in RI. When the threads become so negative I ask myself why? A parent is inquiring about a new club and then coach bashing happens. It seems like the person who posted negative comments is angry or threatened. Let's be supportive of parents who are asking questions. Name calling a coach is not being supportive. Many of my friends kids have gone to camps with JT and currently coached by him and he is a good person. I am sorry that you had a bad experience but your experience does not represent all parents. Now can we just stick to the question about how many Liverpool teams will be in RI? From what I am learning there are a few boys teams; Tiverton (Aquidneck Island and Fall River) and there is one in Barrington. As for the girls I am hearing there is a new one in Barrington and one in Tiverton (Aquidneck Island.) I think there is also an affiliation with Lincoln. I am not sure how they will do the first year, being new, but the organization seems solid.
      Talking soccer is about telling the truth about whats happening in club soccer across the region and to give input. If you want to use TS as a marketing tool JT, then be ready to hear people tell the truth about you and your record and your personality. You are not paying for marketing that you can inform your audience. You are on a forum that has historically been just this.

Sorry

Comment

I have seen this type of response on TS a few times now, but why do you assume that someone who doesn't want to focus on badmouthing X is actually X? I believe I know the person you are talking about, and I also think he's a good person. Why don't we stick to the questions that are being raised here about the soccer?

Comment

I have seen this type of response on TS a few times now, but why do you assume that someone who doesn't want to focus on badmouthing X is actually X? I believe I know the person you are talking about, and I also think he's a good person. Why don't we stick to the questions that are being raised here about the soccer?
          Clubs are judged by what they produced in terms of the players they developed. Since RI does not have DA or ECNL clubs, the question is which clubs have developed players that have moved on to play DA or ECNL.

Comment

Because the thread was started to promote the new Liverpool region. Who does that other than the DOC for that region? That's why.

Comment

Because the thread was started to promote the new Liverpool region. Who does that other than the DOC for that region? That's why.
              No! I started the thread, a parent. Because I was trying to find out more about the club so I could make a decision as well as for other parents who were curious and on the fence. Geez I know one thing I will never start another one. Such negativity over sports. Gross. Negative people need to get a life.

Comment

Clubs are judged by what they produced in terms of the players they developed. Since RI does not have DA or ECNL clubs, the question is which clubs have developed players that have moved on to play DA or ECNL.
                On girls side NEFC Southeast has the most players that have moved on to DA or ECNL
                Bayside has a few, but less.

Comment

No! I started the thread, a parent. Because I was trying to find out more about the club so I could make a decision as well as for other parents who were curious and on the fence. Geez I know one thing I will never start another one.
                  No, please do. Try to ignore the bitter voices.

Comment

Talking-Soccer

No! I started the thread, a parent. Because I was trying to find out more about the club so I could make a decision as well as for other parents who were curious and on the fence. Geez I know one thing I will never start another one. Such negativity over sports. Gross. Negative people need to get a life.
                    Following up from Liverpool Barrington Club night. I attended Club Night for Liverpool the other night and I have to say I was impressed by the presentation. I felt very comfortable with our decision to join Liverpool Southwest as it is called. Yes this area is new but I am seeing talented players all over RI and it is nice for families to have options. The Liverpool coaches were in attendance too. They have teams for both boys and girls. I believe there are two to three new boys teams in the 2008-2010 range. The girls teams from the Tiverton area 2009 and 2010 will start off practicing together 2009 and 10. For games they will be joined by players from Lincoln and Bridgewater. Nice families, talented players and grad coaching. I feel comfortable with the fact that the coaches go to extra coaching to learn the Liverpool curriculum in addition to getting a coaching license. There is accountability on their part. Player development is important to this organization. I think this club is great! Very happy JT is the director for Southwest as I can see he is very dedicated being from Liverpool himself. (By the way I am a parent, following up since I was curious about a new club and so are my friends in RI...not the director or a coach as the other angry poster had said.)

Comment

Following up from Liverpool Barrington Club night. I attended Club Night for Liverpool the other night and I have to say I was impressed by the presentation. I felt very comfortable with our decision to join Liverpool Southwest as it is called. Yes this area is new but I am seeing talented players all over RI and it is nice for families to have options. The Liverpool coaches were in attendance too. They have teams for both boys and girls. I believe there are two to three new boys teams in the 2008-2010 range. The girls teams from the Tiverton area 2009 and 2010 will start off practicing together 2009 and 10. For games they will be joined by players from Lincoln and Bridgewater. Nice families, talented players and grad coaching. I feel comfortable with the fact that the coaches go to extra coaching to learn the Liverpool curriculum in addition to getting a coaching license. There is accountability on their part. Player development is important to this organization. I think this club is great! Very happy JT is the director for Southwest as I can see he is very dedicated being from Liverpool himself. (By the way I am a parent, following up since I was curious about a new club and so are my friends in RI...not the director or a coach as the other angry poster had said.)
                      Good luck with the new team, but my son played against a Liverpool team out of MA in the spring, and it looked like all they had been taught was "kick it long and try to chase it down." I don't believe they won a single game all season. Not that winning is necessarily their primary goal, nor does it have to be, but if that's the philosophy being taught to all the club's teams, you may be in for a long season.

Comment

Talking-soccer

Good luck with the new team, but my son played against a Liverpool team out of MA in the spring, and it looked like all they had been taught was "kick it long and try to chase it down." I don't believe they won a single game all season. Not that winning is necessarily their primary goal, nor does it have to be, but if that's the philosophy being taught to all the club's teams, you may be in for a long season.
                        I'm not doubting that was the case for one team, but not getting that feeling from watching the practices last spring. (We attended practices and games for both boys and girls.) What we observed during the practices with the boys was a lot of emphasis on a passing game, first touch and 1 v 1. We watched them take shots on goal as well. In the games we watched three teams from Bridgewater, Plymouth and Lincoln. Plymouth was the best of the three but all good. We saw a good club in RI (don't want to upset other clubs here) lose to Liverpool. I bet though there are coaches still learning. That is the case with every club, isn't it? You have those awesome coaches and those with egos, those who are new. The best advice we were given was go with your gut. You will know the right fit.As long as your kid is happy and developing the rest will be ok.

Comment

Whatever. BTW, John Tomlinson is still an A Hole. Next sugary post about Liverpool please>>>>

Comment

Whatever. BTW, John Tomlinson is still an A Hole. Next sugary post about Liverpool please>>>>
                            Isn't there some sort of block on angry posters that slander people by name? Really very sad and immature to talk this way about another person. Can we please keep the threads informative instead of trashing people. When a thread is mature and informative it is "sugary?" Each person is allowed to have an opinion, yes, but bashing a person and calling him names is not helpful or kind. How can we possibly help one another talking that way?

Comment

I am pretty sure the post above about JT does not comply with Talking Soccer rules.

TS Rules:
                              "By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."

I would say calling JT an A Hole is definitely "hateful."
                              Also since when do we put people's actual names on this site? Is that even allowed?

If you had a bad experience with Liverpool Southwest or MA you should state your experience without the names. Otherwise you should leave this thread since we were looking for advice and sharing information on a new club.

Comment

I am pretty sure the post above about JT does not comply with Talking Soccer rules.

TS Rules:
                                "By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."

I would say calling JT an A Hole is definitely "hateful."
                                Also since when do we put people's actual names on this site? Is that even allowed?

If you had a bad experience with Liverpool Southwest or MA you should state your experience without the names. Otherwise you should leave this thread since we were looking for advice and sharing information on a new club.
                                Probably a parent or coach from Bruno, which is where JT was before joining LIA. Make up your own mind, attend practices and games, watch the style of play, the interaction with players, etc. Nothing I’ve seen over the last six months would make me agree with anything the poster bashing JT has said and my kid plays for LIA in the Southwest region.

Sour grapes it seems...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X