Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So, you’re thinking better than 11-4-2 this year?
    Yale had nearly the same record two years ago. Then had an injury riddled season the year the coaches were let go. Then had a bounce back year this year with the old coaches players.

Comment

Yale had nearly the same record two years ago. Then had an injury riddled season the year the coaches were let go. Then had a bounce back year this year with the old coaches players.
      We are going with, “injury riddled season” are we? 2017 was a high point for Yale soccer under the old regime. They were a perennial .500 or under team for the last 10-12 years. I don’t know why those guys were kept around. With a brand name like Yale they should have been killing it. Yale should have cleaned house years ago.

Comment

We are going with, “injury riddled season” are we? 2017 was a high point for Yale soccer under the old regime. They were a perennial .500 or under team for the last 10-12 years. I don’t know why those guys were kept around. With a brand name like Yale they should have been killing it. Yale should have cleaned house years ago.
        New haven is no cambridge or princeton. What makes you think great players want to play there?

Comment

Pretty sure they made the Sweet 16 under the old coaches around 2007 or so. Up and down last few years for sure, but overall record was decent.

Comment

Pretty sure they made the Sweet 16 under the old coaches around 2007 or so. Up and down last few years for sure, but overall record was decent.
            So they had a good season 13 years ago? Wow!

Comment

New haven is no cambridge or princeton. What makes you think great players want to play there?

Gee...could it be because they would like to attend Yale?

Comment

So they had a good season 13 years ago? Wow!
                They had several good seasons. Overall record was decent. That’s all I said. Take your agenda elsewhere.

Comment

I’ll give you Cambridge, which is basically Boston.

Princeton is a nice little college town, but big-time BORING! Nothing to do around there at all, unless Trenton is your thing.

New Haven gets a bad rap, I’m guessing from people on here who “watch the news” and don’t actually spend any time there. I was one of those people until about two years ago. I’ve started spending some time walking around and exploring...Lots to do, great restaurants, shopping, theatre, museums, etc. You need to know where you’re going once you get out of the heart of the city, but that’s true in most cities.

Comment

I’ll give you Cambridge, which is basically Boston.

Princeton is a nice little college town, but big-time BORING! Nothing to do around there at all, unless Trenton is your thing.

New Haven gets a bad rap, I’m guessing from people on here who “watch the news” and don’t actually spend any time there. I was one of those people until about two years ago. I’ve started spending some time walking around and exploring...Lots to do, great restaurants, shopping, theatre, museums, etc. You need to know where you’re going once you get out of the heart of the city, but that’s true in most cities.
                    The area has gotten better in the last few years for sure. Plus there's easy train access to NYC if desired, where, you also need to have your whits about you. They're cities. They all have issues. But a friend just told me about a student crime ring at a state university located in the middle of nowhere (a group of students were stealing from roommates/dormmates and selling the merch online). We would love to bubble wrap our kids but thay isn't reality. Teach them to take reasonable precautions, to always hand over what really is just stuff, take a self defense class even.

Comment

Gee...could it be because they would like to attend Yale?
                      here's a supa' smart fella. Yale where smart people with no personality go to school

Comment

here's a supa' smart fella. Yale where smart people with no personality go to school
                        Irony. Look.....If you are going to scold folks about not having lots of personality, do it with some personality.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                          irony. Look.....if you are going to scold folks about not having lots of personality, do it with some personality.
                          3-11-2

Comment

Cornell should not even be an Ivy League school. Basically a NY state school. 16,000 students. Live in NY go for state school cost. You can transfer in from a junior college. Kids get in with 1000 on SAT's. Hotel management major
                            Cornell is actually known for it's high pressure, competitive environment. At one time they had the highest suicide rate of any college! A lot of my family members went there...it's a good school and an Ivy, but it is slightly easier to get in to

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                              cornell is actually known for it's high pressure, competitive environment. At one time they had the highest suicide rate of any college! A lot of my family members went there...it's a good school and an ivy, but it is slightly easier to get in to
                              14-1-1

Comment

14-1-1
                                Funniest thing I've ever read on TS

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X