X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2622188]
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Your killing me here. I was under the impression that ECNL is full of DA kids who didn’t play or were worried about PT. So those kids joined the Everybody Competes National League. You pay and politic you play. Skill, competitiveness and GRIT not needed.
    Who needs grit when you can sponsor the golf tournament and take a few privates with the DoC? Thanks mom & dad for the trophy telling me I'm #1!

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2622166]

Thorns is full of ECNL rejects so no thanks. I can go out and watch boot ball any weekend in Oregon.

US NT has limited their selection to try and force players into the DA. The only thing they are accomplishing is hurting the team.
      What ECNL rejects? False. Thorns is full of OYSA rejects.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2622617]

What ECNL rejects? False. Thorns is full of OYSA rejects.
        CU and FC are still accepted by the OYSA (usys) & US Club (ecnl) since they were both rejected by the DA and US Soccer.

Comment

You silly fools and your silly baseless insults. Don’t get me wrong... it makes me chuckle. I can’t help but wonder if you’re kids trolling this site or simple adults.

Comment

You silly fools and your silly baseless insults. Don’t get me wrong... it makes me chuckle. I can’t help but wonder if you’re kids trolling this site or simple adults.
            Being conned into prioritizing HS rec soccer as the apex, followed by 8 months of travel only soccer with the neighborhood girls club This makes reasonable people cry with laughter. These decisions by club leadership insult the intelligence of anyone with a pulse. Jus sayin.

Comment

Being conned into prioritizing HS rec soccer as the apex, followed by 8 months of travel only soccer with the neighborhood girls club This makes reasonable people cry with laughter. These decisions by club leadership insult the intelligence of anyone with a pulse. Jus sayin.
              We all get it.... you’re desperate. You’re either a coach who is threatened with the modern soccer landscape that has already changed or a loudmouth parent on one of those teams who feels everyone else should do what you’re doing.

You fools will do and say anything hoping you can hang on to the past. Keep posting! I find your anonymous desperate posting entertaining. Mostly because I know you are truly worked up and you actually think your anonymous sh!tposting will help your crusade. I guess I owe you a thank you for the entertainment.

Comment

Over the last few weeks I have seen many social media posts regarding so called "elite" soccer teams and events that these local teams are participating in. Here is a list of the few "elite" events that just happened or will be happening in the next week:

The Boys ECNL event in Las Vegas
                Thanksgiving Surf Cup in San Diego
                National League weekend in North Carolina
                The Boys and Girls DA Winter Cup in Florida

This got me thinking.

Why are there so many leagues and tournaments?
                Because this is all about making money and these leagues and tournaments generate revenue for the leagues and clubs. These leagues and tournaments promote a product that we buy and boy do we consume!

Parents have bought into the marketing of these leagues and tournaments. You will hear parents say with the puffed out chest that my kid plays in the ECNL, DA or is playing in Surf Cup. The league or tournament you participate in is a status symbol of sorts like driving a Porsche, Maserati or Range Rover.

Here are what each of the leagues/tournaments are advertising about themselves.
                National League says,"The US Youth Soccer National League competition is for the nation's top teams in the 14U, 15U, 16U, 17U, 18U and 19U boys and girls age groups."

This is what the ECNL says "These Directors came together and collaborated to build what would become the top female youth development platform in the world. The grass roots leadership and cooperation was unprecedented in American youth soccer, and the ECNL continues to be the most progressive and innovative development platform in the country.

U.S. Soccer DA says, "The U.S. Soccer Development Academy strives to develop world-class players by providing elite, driven youth talents with development environments, which meet the highest standards, that empower them to reach their full potential."

Thanksgiving Surf Cup says, "The 2019 San Diego Surf College Cup Showcase is a Class I tournament. The College Cup tournament is a nationally recognized premier tournament, rated among the top two in the United States."

I understand why most people believe that their players are elite, it's what the tournaments, leagues, coaches and clubs tell you. Its also what a parent wants to believe.

Playing in the ECNL, Surf Cup, National League and DA don't mean a thing. Everyone who can afford it and even some that can't are doing it. Youth soccer has become exclusive and not inclusive. Your player isn't that special. There are 50 other players in your child's age group in the local area doing similar things. If everyone is elite, than no one can be.

Instead of driving the Porsche you are driving a Honda Civic.

I drive my Honda and keep the convertible Porsche in the garage with my golf clubs in the back.
                That way I don't get upset when Soccer mom bangs into the side of it getting out the cooler full of juice boxes.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X