Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is NEFC just a big business that has gotten too big with too many teams?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on NEFC we have to keep this thread at the top of the page otherwise Felger will push it on to the next page with hundreds of one liners in all those boys threads.

Comment

BTDT, come on, how about a rousing promotional post championing how IDP is faring.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        BTDT, come on, how about a rousing promotional post championing how IDP is faring.
        Screamed the clown in the dunk tank. Let's count how many page views this one gets.

Comment

When a soccer club fields many teams, the knock on them immediately is that they are a youth soccer factory or " just a big business" intent on taking your money etc etc.. The reality is that the different skill levels of their teams gives players opportunity to get promoted, get better, work harder and may in fact, establish the pressure to achieve, to make that " top team" and it's a good thing. Rather than staying in a small club and just playing within their age group and only filling a spot because one was available this season.
          This is OK for NEFC, but when it's STARS, the horror!!!

Comment

This is OK for NEFC, but when it's STARS, the horror!!!
            Well that is because the Stars publically embarrass players on Twitter. The Stars cut players after they were convinced not to try out for their high school team. It's all about the coaches at the Stars and fulfilling their egos. They are a horror show.

Comment

Well that is because the Stars publically embarrass players on Twitter. The Stars cut players after they were convinced not to try out for their high school team. It's all about the coaches at the Stars and fulfilling their egos. They are a horror show.
              Thank goodness your child doesn't have to suffer. But your compassion for others is truly touching.

Comment

Thank goodness your child doesn't have to suffer. But your compassion for others is truly touching.
                Compassion doesn't enter into this at all. I think you are one of the biggest asshats on this forum and enjoy watching you make a fool out of yourself. Actually having a grand old time watching you melt down trying to cover up the fact that a whole lot of people don't like the Stars. It may not have dawned on you but all of these leaks of internal laundry sure aren't coming from the outside. Time to look for your mole. In the meantime I'm going to continue LMFAO at you.

Comment

Compassion doesn't enter into this at all. I think you are one of the biggest asshats on this forum and enjoy watching you make a fool out of yourself. Actually having a grand old time watching you melt down trying to cover up the fact that a whole lot of people don't like the Stars. It may not have dawned on you but all of these leaks of internal laundry sure aren't coming from the outside. Time to look for your mole. In the meantime I'm going to continue LMFAO at you.
                  Different poster. Thanks BTDT. You really sound like a good person. Your enjoyment in lie has been reduced to the above? Sad.

Would you like me to send you the viewbooks for Wheaton and Wooster? You're going to need them by the time the Duke coach is done with you. Nobody needs or deserves to be saddled with you. Actually might get PTSD just thinking about it. Meanwhile, we'll wait....and wait...and wait for at least one parent that has been on one of your teams over the past 10 years who will vouch for you.

Comment

The analogy really doesn't work.

In a farm system players actually have been recruited because they have been viewed as having some potential. With NEFC, 85% or more of their total pool of players are on these teams merely for their value as a revenue stream. It's easy to say they provide IDP and college services for all of these other players because they know those aren't services they will never have to provide for the vast majority of the clientele. Often we have no idea who our coach is but they sure know how to find us when it comes time to collect the ever-rising fees. Seems like I'm writing another check every other day.
                    Presicely. The vast majority of players on NEFC's non-elite teams are part if the revenue stream. That's their sole and exclusive function. Which is fine, but honestly, there are plenty small and mid-sized clubs who will provide just as much opportunity, but offer better coaching at less cost. This isn't an anti- NEFC post, MPS . . . er, GPS are worse.

Comment

Different poster. Thanks BTDT. You really sound like a good person. Your enjoyment in lie has been reduced to the above? Sad.

Would you like me to send you the viewbooks for Wheaton and Wooster? You're going to need them by the time the Duke coach is done with you. Nobody needs or deserves to be saddled with you. Actually might get PTSD just thinking about it. Meanwhile, we'll wait....and wait...and wait for at least one parent that has been on one of your teams over the past 10 years who will vouch for you.
                      Wheaton and Wooster suq and so do you.

Comment

Different poster, sure.

Comment

Presicely. The vast majority of players on NEFC's non-elite teams are part if the revenue stream. That's their sole and exclusive function. Which is fine, but honestly, there are plenty small and mid-sized clubs who will provide just as much opportunity, but offer better coaching at less cost. This isn't an anti- NEFC post, MPS . . . er, GPS are worse.
                          See this is a bit of a fallacy. My child chose between a mid sized club's A team and an NEFC regional team. We went with NEFC because the cost was considerably less, with more free training and a better coach. We've also been involved with an even smaller club that was cheaper than NEFC, but we had to fundraise and there was no extra training and the coach was a dad. No thank you. We are so much happier moving to a super clubs supposed "revenue" teams than our other options.

Comment

See this is a bit of a fallacy. My child chose between a mid sized club's A team and an NEFC regional team. We went with NEFC because the cost was considerably less, with more free training and a better coach. We've also been involved with an even smaller club that was cheaper than NEFC, but we had to fundraise and there was no extra training and the coach was a dad. No thank you. We are so much happier moving to a super clubs supposed "revenue" teams than our other options.
                            Thanks BTDT. When did Brian say you could take a vacation?

Comment

Meanwhile, we'll wait....and wait...and wait for at least one parent that has been on one of your teams over the past 10 years who will vouch for you.
                              BTDT, the above is your biggest problem here and why Perspective always ends up checkmating you. Unless the hundreds of parents you have encountered over the years just haven't heard about TS.

Comment

Thanks BTDT. When did Brian say you could take a vacation?
                                Ugh! I give up on this site. I am not BTDT (my oldest isn't even in HS yet!) and I should have known better than to post and try to have a conversation. You are all freaking crazy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X