Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The post about turf maintenance was a good one indeed, and my snarky response highlights another issue that can't be ignored if you're going to discuss the point, namely the organizational dysfunction of MYSA and MIAA. The fields at Lancaster, since MYSA owns them, and while not the only (duh) are certainly worth highlighting, calls into question the idea suggested does it not? I'm no turf expert, but some are obviously used more than others and maintained better than others. I'd trust a private indoor or outdoor facility to maintain its own turf to whatever an acceptable standard before I entrusted those bureaucracies to get anything right...without it at least adding to the cost more than necessary.
    I am not sure what this has to do with maintenance. Totally different issue. The materials used are the concern.

Comment

http://www.fieldturf.com/en/fieldtur...n-with-science

I wouldn't dismiss the fact that many of the sources cited are among those who are probably politically motivated to reach a different conclusion.

Comment

http://www.fieldturf.com/en/fieldtur...n-with-science

I wouldn't dismiss the fact that many of the sources cited are among those who are probably politically motivated to reach a different conclusion.

You can't possibly be saying that the source you reference has no bias...........while there may be no political motivation, there certainly is financial motivation. Look at this information closely. It talks about the maintenance required. Do all of our high school fields follow the prescribed maintenance?

Comment

You can't possibly be saying that the source you reference has no bias...........while there may be no political motivation, there certainly is financial motivation. Look at this information closely. It talks about the maintenance required. Do all of our high school fields follow the prescribed maintenance?
          Ugh. "Sources cited." What part of sources cited confused you?

And their findings went well beyond maintenance, mostly speaking to the toxicity and safety of exposure to materials.

It's funny, I actually thought about going the extra mile to say something like, "obviously Field Turf Inc. has a conflict..." But that seemed so painfully obvious that it would be unnecessary, still, I thought it might be necessary because on message boards, well, people seem to require that the obvious be stated and then still it can be a crapshoot.

So yeah, to clear it up for you, I realize the company is going to say whatever favors them...moving on to something more significant...I found that the company COULD CITE SOURCES, both in number AND who conducted the research, worth noting.

That better?

Comment

Ugh. "Sources cited." What part of sources cited confused you?

And their findings went well beyond maintenance, mostly speaking to the toxicity and safety of exposure to materials.

It's funny, I actually thought about going the extra mile to say something like, "obviously Field Turf Inc. has a conflict..." But that seemed so painfully obvious that it would be unnecessary, still, I thought it might be necessary because on message boards, well, people seem to require that the obvious be stated and then still it can be a crapshoot.

So yeah, to clear it up for you, I realize the company is going to say whatever favors them...moving on to something more significant...I found that the company COULD CITE SOURCES, both in number AND who conducted the research, worth noting.

That better?
            Again, it is more about you being right than anything else.

There are as many research based papers saying opposite of what these sites are saying. My point is that if the fields are not properly maintained and all players are not wearing the proper footwear, isn't it up to the adults to look at the things that are clearly issues no matter who does and who reports the research?

Comment

Again, it is more about you being right than anything else.

There are as many research based papers saying opposite of what these sites are saying. My point is that if the fields are not properly maintained and all players are not wearing the proper footwear, isn't it up to the adults to look at the things that are clearly issues no matter who does and who reports the research?
              Hey douche, ask that question of yourself.

Did I offer a single editorial comment in my post about the veracity of the research or my feelings on it?

No and no.

But instead of taking what I posted at face value, simply additional information that might be of interest in the discussion, you contort and infer all sorts things about my view on bias or some perceived argument I'm making.

For the last ****ing time you moron: I was surprised to see the research that had been done by the variety of organizations who conducted it, in light of some of the conclusions or not.

Don't be such an argumentative *****, looking for something somewhere in someone's words when doesn't exist, whoever you are.
              I was surprised to see

Comment

Nice that you could use such quality crafted language to support your comments. It really added quite a bit to the discussion.

Comment

Nice that you could use such quality crafted language to support your comments. It really added quite a bit to the discussion.
                  If quality crafted language meant anything to you, this thread wouldn't have the last few posts. The irony of your post, once again, is staggering.

I appreciate that you could click 'submit reply' without including a straw man argument for once. Miracles do happen.

Comment

If quality crafted language meant anything to you, this thread wouldn't have the last few posts. The irony of your post, once again, is staggering.

I appreciate that you could click 'submit reply' without including a straw man argument for once. Miracles do happen.
                    You two ignorants cannot hold a decent conversation on a topic you know nothing about; now imagine the fun at an actual review study of turf with opposing viewpoints.

Comment

Topic picking up more coverage in mainstream media

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_5997228.html

Comment

So HuffPo is "mainstream media"? Yikes.

Comment

Our starting keeper dx'd with MRSA yesterday. Team is on turf maybe half the time. Not something to ignore.

Comment

Topic picking up more coverage in mainstream media

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_5997228.html
                            Keep in mind because of the $$$$$ involved, today's media likes to report "man bites dog" even when there is little evidence. It's a matter of getting the story first, right or wrong, before the competition. In addition to this, because of the partisan nature of the news media today, you are going to see the same stories passed around certain elements of the media reflecting their particular POV. There's no surprise that NBC and HuffPo are running almost identical stories. But if you think on your own, instead of being influenced by a bias media, you might ask this question. If GKs are developing cancer because of their exposure to turf, wouldn't we also be seeing cancer among American football players who spend a whole lot of time face first on turf?

Comment

If GKs are developing cancer because of their exposure to turf, wouldn't we also be seeing cancer among American football players who spend a whole lot of time face first on turf?
                              As an earlier post noted, the subject of the interview doesn't even assert correlation, much less causation.

As a matter of sample size and incidents driving possible conclusions and responsive action, this story is on the level of saying stay indoors when it's cloudy, after all, lightning strikes could follow if you hear thunder, after it begins to rain. That shouldn't be confused with, be alert when you hear thunder, seek shelter when you see lightning.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X