Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is FC STARS of MA getting too impersonal?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    We are a STARS WEST family, and we are very happy with the club. Our daughter benefits from the best of both worlds...mega club opportunities with satellite club personal attention.
    You are an after thought. If you happen to find a decent player, Stars Inc. will snap them up and pat you on the head. Don't kid yourself.

Comment

We are a STARS WEST family, and we are very happy with the club. Our daughter benefits from the best of both worlds...mega club opportunities with satellite club personal attention.
      Is your daughter dual fostered with an ECNL team, or on the current U16s? If so, this makes sense. The SW U16s have done very well for years, and we've already discussed the inequity shown to ECNL teams, so if I'm right, your experience only highlights my point.

Comment

Pulling an all-nighter tonight, BTDT? You did have a rough day. Maybe if you just work a little harder you can budge the needle.

Comment

You are an after thought. If you happen to find a decent player, Stars Inc. will snap them up and pat you on the head. Don't kid yourself.
          Believe me, we are not delusional. We are simply, quite happy where we are. As for what team she's on or if she's dual rostered, I'd rather not say. I was simply sharing that we are quite content where we are. Sorry if this flies in the face of the spirit of this thread.

Comment

Believe me, we are not delusional. We are simply, quite happy where we are. As for what team she's on or if she's dual rostered, I'd rather not say. I was simply sharing that we are quite content where we are. Sorry if this flies in the face of the spirit of this thread.
            I think the spirit of the thread is that bigger is not necessarily better. STARS had a wonderful thing going a few years back. The coaches now are very mediocre-- I mean, how can a coach watch my kids if he is busy babysitting his own or worse, having his team manager do it. On multiple other teams, the assigned coach is bouncing between 2-3 teams and the kids don't see them regularly. So how are they assessing your kids performance? How do they build that all important relationship with the kids if they don't work with them consistently?

There used to be an emphasis on skills and development? I don't see that any more.....

It's just a business....

Comment

I would agree, that there used to be stronger emphamsis on development and skills. There are too many clubs and too many kids for the amount of coaching talent. Stars (and other clubs) now just pick the best and sell the dream to the B and C team kids.

Comment

News flash. Not a single club, even Stars a few years ago, "developed" the skills of their top players. The most skillful players spent countless hours on their own with a ball at their feet. In the case of a few players a private trainer corrected technique, and a number hired fitness coaches, but in a couple sessions a week with 20 other participants there is little time for a coach to focus on individuals.

It is crazy to harbor these unrealistic expectations. Just as it is to expect the club coach to lead the charge in recruiting. Expect about a third of player development to happen in the club setting with the remainder being accomplished through other avenues, and you will not be disappointed. And your child will be a much better player.

Comment

News flash. Not a single club, even Stars a few years ago, "developed" the skills of their top players. The most skillful players spent countless hours on their own with a ball at their feet. In the case of a few players a private trainer corrected technique, and a number hired fitness coaches, but in a couple sessions a week with 20 other participants there is little time for a coach to focus on individuals.

It is crazy to harbor these unrealistic expectations. Just as it is to expect the club coach to lead the charge in recruiting. Expect about a third of player development to happen in the club setting with the remainder being accomplished through other avenues, and you will not be disappointed. And your child will be a much better player.
                  My D does not play town and only trains with her club coach. She is a much better player now than she ever was. In my job I warn people not to paint everyone with the same brush.

Comment

My D does not play town and only trains with her club coach. She is a much better player now than she ever was. In my job I warn people not to paint everyone with the same brush.
                    Her Toeball blast over the top is impressive.

Comment

Feel better?

Comment

The Stars best tactic for sure

Comment

The owners of Talking-Soccer respectfully request that all of the Stars parents keep coming back to the site so they can keep their ad revenue going. Don't you guys just hate NEFC, did you read what they just wrote about you...

Comment

One place where the Stars are beating NEFC for sure is in page views. This thread is outpacing the NEFC one by almost 3-1

Comment

Says the NEFC parent/coach/administrator who started this thread. Now, there's another thread re NEFC being too big and impersonal. STARS parent/coach/administrator response.

The TS people have no worries. Their ad revenue will continue as long as club soccer continues to be for profit.

Comment

Come on Stars we have to keep this thread at the top of the page otherwise Felger will push it on to the next page with hundreds of one liners in all those boys threads.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X