Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I turn my 9 year old into a D1 player?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You just can't accept that you view the world in a particular way that relies heavily on brand labels and that not everyone share your value judgments on those products.

I wouldn't suggest that a person who could go to Harvard Business School shouldn't go IF that is what works for them. I am merely saying that whether they go or not is not going to substantially change the path of their career because they clearly have talent.

You misread my point as usual. I am not suggesting that a person go in for a Benz should come out with a Kia. What I am saying is why are we surprised when they come out with a Benz when that is what they went in for. The other thing that I am commenting on is the tendency to overlook whether they came out 190 or 600 and not even care what they paid for either.
    I'm sure you are not BTDT because he rarely posts and I'm sure he would laugh about how much attention he gets, but YOU have no idea what kind of a person I am. Don't have a Benz or anything. Didn't send kids to ISLs. Didn't spend more than $1500 a year on club soccer, and never hired a private trainer. You are blind to your own elitism, which is some claim that only you are elite and the rest of us have never had lives and don't have the first clue about real quality.

Comment

Some of the logic that gets applied here is rather amusing. This place always want to make a big deal about the guy who walks into a Mercedes Benz dealer who walks out with a Benz as though that is some miracle and never even question whether the car he actually bought is a good fit for that man or heaven forbid that he paid the right price for it. As far as this crowd is concerned things like whether it is a new or used car don't seem to matter at all. all that matters is that it has a Mercedes logo on it.
      Rather amusing that this guy thinks he can classify and characterize all of the other people her, and that "all that matters" is having Mercedes logo. Jerk personified.

Comment

Rather amusing that this guy thinks he can classify and characterize all of the other people her, and that "all that matters" is having Mercedes logo. Jerk personified.
        What is even more amusing is the guy who constantly Cali's people "jerks" and "idiots" complaint about labels.

Comment

Pardon me for asking, but isn't this supposed to be a soccer thread?
          Like every thread on hear, the trolls take it over.

Comment

Valeo has agreed to enroll my 9 year old in their Beast Mode soccer boot camp. Thanks for everyone's help.

Comment

Valeo has agreed to enroll my 9 year old in their Beast Mode soccer boot camp. Thanks for everyone's help.
              Did Valeo partner with Beast Mode Soccer? If not, they are about to be sued!

Comment

LOL. Great thread. We all know the people who misunderstand child development and think they can identify top talent at 9. Real advice for any parent of a 9 year old is pick a program which is development driven. A club with a clear philosophy which is adhered to by all their staff is ideal for a training environment. Don't just put your kid in a program based on the name alone go watch the coach run a practice and coach a game. Talk to other parents with kids in the club and especially on the team. I have seen small no name clubs with very well trained players and bigger clubs with terribly trained kids. I have also seen both win games as even a kick and run team will win if they can out run and out athlete a less athletic well trained team.

Comment

LOL. Great thread. We all know the people who misunderstand child development and think they can identify top talent at 9. Real advice for any parent of a 9 year old is pick a program which is development driven. A club with a clear philosophy which is adhered to by all their staff is ideal for a training environment. Don't just put your kid in a program based on the name alone go watch the coach run a practice and coach a game. Talk to other parents with kids in the club and especially on the team. I have seen small no name clubs with very well trained players and bigger clubs with terribly trained kids. I have also seen both win games as even a kick and run team will win if they can out run and out athlete a less athletic well trained team.
                  ... and then after these leaches lighten your wallet while convincing you your ordinary child will get somewhere with soccer, you'll come to find that the big goofy 9 yo kid that was fast as hell and also really into soccer will jump right over your kid in line and grab all of the prizes. Only 3% is the number that go on to play in college. Most of their parents know that when their kids are quite young. The rest of the 97% listen to guys like this, selling a fantasy.

Comment

Congratulations to Hanson's Sam Mewis on a great career at UCLA - including a national championship, a 44-game unbeaten streak, leading the Pac 12 this season in goals and points.
                    As someone who often had to watch their daughter match up against SM at the club level, I'll second that. I can recall a friend of mine at the time who now coaches in another part of the country comment that she was, and I quote, "the real deal" when she was 10 years old. I guess she has lived up to that billing.
                    Congratulations to Sam Mewis. A living example that it is not impossible to pick a future D1 player.

Comment

Congratulations to Sam Mewis. A living example that it is not impossible to pick a future D1 player.
                      Will she end up in Boston though

Comment

Pretty easy - just pick the tallest girl with the blonde ponytail on the field....

Comment

What's wrong with brown ponytails?

Comment

Pretty easy - just pick the tallest girl with the blonde ponytail on the field....
                            you left out the part about being the fastest, most agile and with the best foot skills on the field. I've seen lots of tall blonde kids on soccer fields stumble around like teenaged drunks, and be forced to move to keeper or backup center back. SM was NEVER like that.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X