Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I turn my 9 year old into a D1 player?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I turn my 9 year old into a D1 player?

My child is big, strong, fast and talented in comparison to the other kids I've seen. What's the best way to maintain the edge and build upon the foundation already established? Is it private training that will push the needle? Is 9 too young for weight training? I understand the chances are slim but I'm confident we're the exception to the rule.

You're two years too late. He should have been on a U7 travel team.

Comment

Send them as far from you as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        My child is big, strong, fast and talented in comparison to the other kids I've seen. What's the best way to maintain the edge and build upon the foundation already established? Is it private training that will push the needle? Is 9 too young for weight training? I understand the chances are slim but I'm confident we're the exception to the rule.
        9 is too young for lifting. Put your kid into a good program and then pray that he's not simply an early bloomer who fades away when everyone else catches up.

Comment

NO NO NO NO for weight training....... At 9 years old - let him play at a level where he struggles and is challenged. Then relax and enjoy the ride. There is 50% chance he won't play by age 15 and a 99.3% chance he won't play D1.

Comment

If this post isn't a joke, and I hope that it is.......

Strong, fast, talented at 9 means a high chance he'll peak/plateau and the others will catch up. Happens all the time.

He's strong, fast, talented from what you've seen. What have you seen? Have you seen any of the U10 top club teams/players?

He's 9. If he really loves it, he'll play. He'll play after school, he'll play in all his free time. Let him "play". Find a club team if he really wants.

If he's still interested and still "the man" at U13, then "maybe" you have a potential player on your hands.

Comment

Send them as far from you as possible.
              This made me laugh out loud..........priceless.

Comment

All of us thought our 9 year olds were going to be D1 players.

Coach your town team and play your kid every minute at CM. Find the best club team in your area. Hire a private trainer and pay some of the older best club players in your town to hang out with your kid and teach him tricks, juggling, swag, etc. Buy every video on soccer.com, especially all of the Coerver tapes and the one with Pele juggling grapefruits, go to grocery store and buy grapefruits, go to ODP 2-3 years early, play District Selects, get on even better club team at age 12 or 13 and start visiting college campuses, put your kid in an ISL if kid is a girl, go DAP or ENCL or NEFC Elite, send your kid to Brazil and Europe for "trialist" experiences, show your kid documentaries showcasing what real desire and determination are all about and make sure she is up at 5:30am for the 5 mile runs and weight training, hire a videographer and a personal manager, be firm with your club about how they may and may not use your kid's likeness, make sure you tell your kid just how bad you want it for her, and spend all of your waking hours on TS. There ya go. Good luck!

Comment

Fuller Hamlets

Comment

Was your wife artificially inseminated?

Comment

be the team manager

Comment

Call 1-800-BTDT

Comment

be the team manager
                          be the club manager

Comment

be the club manager
                            ODP is the easiest way. Too much politics/favorites if you go through club team. If not a favorite of club coach or DOC he wont send kid through where in ODP politics doesn't play a factor and the best players get recommended.

Comment

ODP is the easiest way. Too much politics/favorites if you go through club team. If not a favorite of club coach or DOC he wont send kid through where in ODP politics doesn't play a factor and the best players get recommended.
                              ha ha.. good one.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X