US Youth Futsal ID Camp

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know how Cristiano Ronaldo's coach defends him in public? He said CR9 is not a selfish player because he help the team by scoring a lot of goals. If he would listen to you genius, he will be a tennis player by now.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You don't know sports in general. If I am not mistaken most all team sports involve making plays. I see teams working on passing and give and go, overlaps etc. I don't see any teams practicing dribbling into two or three defenders taking a flop and losing the ball. I would suggest those kids try tennis or golf and then they won't have to make passes and plays except with themselves. It's called the beautiful game for a reason and i would venture to say selfishness isn't it.

Comment

You know how Cristiano Ronaldo's coach defends him in public? He said CR9 is not a selfish player because he help the team by scoring a lot of goals. If he would listen to you genius, he will be a tennis player by now.
      Thanks for your input rocket. The difference is CR knows when to pass and when to play. You obviously don't.

Comment

Yes, CR9 is actually very very famous for that.

Thanks for your input rocket. The difference is CR knows when to pass and when to play. You obviously don't.

Comment

at least they will practice

there is only one way to find out. Im signing mine up
          At least it's great practice with terrific coaches. After this week of cancelled practices this will be one asset.

Comment

At least it's great practice with terrific coaches. After this week of cancelled practices this will be one asset.
            Paying for a tryout is a scam.

Comment

Paying for a tryout is a scam.
              Exactly. Only country in the world where you pay to tryout.

Comment

Just realized: strange age brackets. 2001-2002 are U14s. So if you are November 2002 you are really u12 but need to tryout for U14? Or if you are advanced 2001, you will probably be ID'ed among 2002s but what's the challenge?

Comment

Just realized: strange age brackets. 2001-2002 are U14s. So if you are November 2002 you are really u12 but need to tryout for U14? Or if you are advanced 2001, you will probably be ID'ed among 2002s but what's the challenge?
                  For the US Region ID Camps, they use the international age groups (calendar years) as opposed to club age groups (8/1/n to 7/31/N+1)

Comment

For the US Region ID Camps, they use the international age groups (calendar years) as opposed to club age groups (8/1/n to 7/31/N+1)
                    I understand that. But they also combined two years in each age group. This way the younger year(2002, 2004) has very slim chance to be IDed. I am afraid for some 2001s or2003s it may not be challenging enough. Looking at it from perspective of good practice on rainy week, I would prefer my son to play up.

Comment

I understand that. But they also combined two years in each age group. This way the younger year(2002, 2004) has very slim chance to be IDed. I am afraid for some 2001s or2003s it may not be challenging enough. Looking at it from perspective of good practice on rainy week, I would prefer my son to play up.
                      If you go in as this is a great opportunity to play futsal you'll be fine. My D did it last year and we had no expectations that she would make the regional or national team. We looked at it as a clinic with multiple training sessions with Keith Tozar and the opportunity to learn futsal from an expert. In terms of age, they are looking for very technical, smart players. My D made the regional team (she didn't know any of the coaches) for her age group and there were more younger players than older players. All I can say is that if your kid loves futsal they will most likely enjoy the clinic.

Comment

If you go in as this is a great opportunity to play futsal you'll be fine. My D did it last year and we had no expectations that she would make the regional or national team. We looked at it as a clinic with multiple training sessions with Keith Tozar and the opportunity to learn futsal from an expert. In terms of age, they are looking for very technical, smart players. My D made the regional team (she didn't know any of the coaches) for her age group and there were more younger players than older players. All I can say is that if your kid loves futsal they will most likely enjoy the clinic.
                        Not the point. My son is 2003. He is very advanced for his age group. Does it make more sense for him to play up with 2001-2003 (where he is currently playing) just to get better experience or put him with 2003-2004 where he's god a good chance to be IDed. What happens if/after you get ID'ed anyway?

Comment

Not the point. My son is 2003. He is very advanced for his age group. Does it make more sense for him to play up with 2001-2003 (where he is currently playing) just to get better experience or put him with 2003-2004 where he's god a good chance to be IDed. What happens if/after you get ID'ed anyway?
                          They won't allow him to play up, I inquried last year as my D's friend was a U14 1999 and my D is a 2000. My daughter is also a very strong futsal player for her age and most likely would have made the older team, however, it will still be a great opportunity for your son to have fun/improve his skills. If he makes the Region 1 team you will be invited to Kansas for the National Camp. It's 4 days of training and games against 8 other regions, very high quality of play. From there they will select 14 players for each age group to participate on the National team, which will include one trip abroad to play against other countries. This year is in Toronto over the Christmas holiday, obviously I can't comment on that at this point in time. Next year will be a trip to Costa Rica. The regional team will also have one practice before the Kansas trip. There is cost, but to be on the regional team and participate at the national camp was $95. The biggest cost is the travel expense, however, I will say the Toronto trip is pretty reasonable (similiar to an out of state tournament for club)

Comment

They won't allow him to play up, I inquried last year as my D's friend was a U14 1999 and my D is a 2000. My daughter is also a very strong futsal player for her age and most likely would have made the older team, however, it will still be a great opportunity for your son to have fun/improve his skills. If he makes the Region 1 team you will be invited to Kansas for the National Camp. It's 4 days of training and games against 8 other regions, very high quality of play. From there they will select 14 players for each age group to participate on the National team, which will include one trip abroad to play against other countries. This year is in Toronto over the Christmas holiday, obviously I can't comment on that at this point in time. Next year will be a trip to Costa Rica. The regional team will also have one practice before the Kansas trip. There is cost, but to be on the regional team and participate at the national camp was $95. The biggest cost is the travel expense, however, I will say the Toronto trip is pretty reasonable (similiar to an out of state tournament for club)
                            Thx. That was helpful. Care to share where you get all the info?

Comment

Thx. That was helpful. Care to share where you get all the info?
                              My Daughter went through the process. There's some negativity (on TS) towards the program, however, it was a good experience for my daughter. Again, there is cost for the travel, so you need to determine if it's worth it for you and your family. While futsal is quite different from outdoor soccer (requiring different skillset), I think it can only help with first touch, speed of play, etc. I'm not expecting my daughter to get a scholarship or anything else from this, just great futsal and the experience of traveling/playing other countries.

There's also a US youth futsal website that provides additional information http://usyouthfutsal.com/.

Comment

U12 play National only

2003 and younger qualify in U12. The national camp is in June. There are no international competitions for this age group. They will play and pay for National matches within the 8 regions. About 12 kids will get "ID'd".

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X