Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    what happened is the Bolts U14 are not that good. Once you get away from the 2nd tier and 3rd tier DAP teams, they will struggle (same for the Rev u14 as well).

Massachusetts can only support one "real" DAP team.
    You mean combine the best players from the Revs U14 and Bolts 14? Perhaps, but I don't necessarily agree with your premise because of the fact that they are only U14.

U16 and over is where you need to look. BTW- the Bolts U16 and U18 won both their games (the U18 won quite decisively)

Comment

What happened to the 14s?
      piss-poor defending.

Comment

Anyone know the result of the NYSC vs Revs U14 game?

Comment

Anyone know the result of the NYSC vs Revs U14 game?
          Revs U14 lost 2-1

Oakwood U14s lost 4-0 to BSC

Bad day for the New England U14s

Comment

piss-poor defending.
            ... but where is the attack? Striker? is he a striker or just a physical presence?

Comment

You mean combine the best players from the Revs U14 and Bolts 14? Perhaps, but I don't necessarily agree with your premise because of the fact that they are only U14.

U16 and over is where you need to look. BTW- the Bolts U16 and U18 won both their games (the U18 won quite decisively)

what happened is the Bolts U14 are not that good. Once you get away from the 2nd tier and 3rd tier DAP teams, they will struggle (same for the Rev u14 as well).

Massachusetts can only support one "real" DAP team.

I am not a DAP parent. I was, but now my older son has graduated.

For the last several pages, you only hear who won or lost. You never hear about how the team is playing or improving. Although this thread is starting to sound like some wimpy-ass post, the fact of the matter is that these kids are 13 and 14 years old with at least 3-6 years of physical, and, especially, mental maturing ahead of them, but you and another poster are ready to toss one of the teams.....or both based on losses. Meanwhile, it is possible that the players are getting significantly better. It is possible that by the time they are U16 or U18 they will be significantly better and the team, in your eyes, might be considered 'successful' even among 1st, 2nd, and 3rd tier teams.

As for the Bolts per se, you have to recognize the following. Their youth program has suffered significantly since BA has taken over and/or the adoption of the DAP. At that time any focus on the younger teams disappeared. They have not had strong players at the younger ages for quite some time. Furthermore, parents are not only hesitant to put their 13 and 14 year old into a system that keeps them away from their town friends and excludes them from other sports. To tag on to this last point, other clubs are offering significant regional training with the adoption of the NPL, EDP, region 1, and ODP. There are more options other than the DAP, that, ultimately, do not remove you from the high school scene. Once older, parents and kids may have a change of heart and look toward the DAP.....or not.

All considered, it would not surprise me it Mass U14 DAP teams never do well....in your eyes of Wins/Losses.

Comment

Revs U14 lost 2-1

Except that BS is in Ct which is in New England.

Comment

Revs U14 lost 2-1

CT board says the sole OW GK got a concussion in the game and they had no backup. Needless to say BSC is all over their win. They are not friendly rivals

Comment

I am not a DAP parent. I was, but now my older son has graduated.

For the last several pages, you only hear who won or lost. You never hear about how the team is playing or improving. Although this thread is starting to sound like some wimpy-ass post, the fact of the matter is that these kids are 13 and 14 years old with at least 3-6 years of physical, and, especially, mental maturing ahead of them, but you and another poster are ready to toss one of the teams.....or both based on losses. Meanwhile, it is possible that the players are getting significantly better. It is possible that by the time they are U16 or U18 they will be significantly better and the team, in your eyes, might be considered 'successful' even among 1st, 2nd, and 3rd tier teams.

As for the Bolts per se, you have to recognize the following. Their youth program has suffered significantly since BA has taken over and/or the adoption of the DAP. At that time any focus on the younger teams disappeared. They have not had strong players at the younger ages for quite some time. Furthermore, parents are not only hesitant to put their 13 and 14 year old into a system that keeps them away from their town friends and excludes them from other sports. To tag on to this last point, other clubs are offering significant regional training with the adoption of the NPL, EDP, region 1, and ODP. There are more options other than the DAP, that, ultimately, do not remove you from the high school scene. Once older, parents and kids may have a change of heart and look toward the DAP.....or not.

All considered, it would not surprise me it Mass U14 DAP teams never do well....in your eyes of Wins/Losses.
                    One reason no one posts more than scores is because everytime someone describes a game they are attacked, accused of making excuses, etc.

At U14, DAP has tried to remove the pressure to win in order to develop a broader pool of players to be narrowed down at U16. Different clubs deal with this mandate differently some bring in large (22-25 player) teams and rotate players, some bring in large teams and play their best 12-14 doling out 5-10 minutes to others at the end of games, some bring in smaller teams 16-18 and dedicate their training only to the strongest candidates. The last two models compete better than the first one. In the first model the best 11 are almost never on the field together and building chemistry is very very difficult. Strong players get frustrated, weak players get hammered. In the second people complain that the focus is on winning and not on "development", which apparently has come to mean only making the weaker players better, not making the stronger players great. The final method seems to me the best, though neither the revs or bolts use that model. One goes for the money grab and focuses on the weak players, the other needs a large pool because the lack Preacademy teams for the younger years of the DAP's two year system.

Comment

DAP REV vs NYSC

NYSC won 2-1 New York played a good technical game , There ball handling and defense won the day, Goal keeper did great and all players played hard.
                      Revs keeper did well, but alas a bad day for REVs overhaul was a good game to watch

Comment

One reason no one posts more than scores is because everytime someone describes a game they are attacked, accused of making excuses, etc.

At U14, DAP has tried to remove the pressure to win in order to develop a broader pool of players to be narrowed down at U16. Different clubs deal with this mandate differently some bring in large (22-25 player) teams and rotate players, some bring in large teams and play their best 12-14 doling out 5-10 minutes to others at the end of games, some bring in smaller teams 16-18 and dedicate their training only to the strongest candidates. The last two models compete better than the first one. In the first model the best 11 are almost never on the field together and building chemistry is very very difficult. Strong players get frustrated, weak players get hammered. In the second people complain that the focus is on winning and not on "development", which apparently has come to mean only making the weaker players better, not making the stronger players great. The final method seems to me the best, though neither the revs or bolts use that model. One goes for the money grab and focuses on the weak players, the other needs a large pool because the lack Preacademy teams for the younger years of the DAP's two year system.
                        Excellent post and astute observations. I would add that the Bolts and Seacoast U14 follow the first model (which is why they can't compete as well as teams that follow the other two models)- it certainly is a money grab- where is the money going??. The Revs, Gotschee, Everton Westchester and Matchfit U14 follow the second model which sucks for the weaker players.

Comment

... but where is the attack? Striker? is he a striker or just a physical presence?
                          ouch. Someone is not happy

Comment

I agree for the most part but you forgot about one thing with the first model: some weak players do get more playing time- happens to a few players on the current U14 team- a defender and a striker to name a couple. Maybe their parents are big donors, I don't know but they clearly play some weaker players more than the other weaker players.

Comment

I agree for the most part but you forgot about one thing with the first model: some weak players do get more playing time- happens to a few players on the current U14 team- a defender and a striker to name a couple. Maybe their parents are big donors, I don't know but they clearly play some weaker players more than the other weaker players.
                              correction: "...current Bolts U14 team..."

Comment

sounds like the second model with this exception

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X