Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Really? This thread was revived with a direct question posed. I answered, in detail. He didn't like the answer because he couldn't do anything with it in terms of his agenda. He is incapable of writing a single post that isn't motivated by resentment and hatred.
    Perspective, such a douche. Such a consistent douche.

Comment

See this is your problem. I asked the question and did respond to your response. I knew that you are so filled with hatred you that you would end up defending a position that is indefensible just because you think you are sparing with one specific person. Well you were wrong about who I am, it was a setup. More important, in the process of getting you to lash out at your arch nemesis I was successful in making you look like a compete idiot. I enjoy that.

Jump fishy, jump!
      BTDT wrote #333. Are you suggesting that you wrote #339? Fine. You created a "set up"? Wow. You are very tricky. Maybe a job with the FBI is in your future. As for your success in making anyone "look like a complete idiot" I am glad you are able to congratulate yourself. Would you happen to know someone who goes by the name "Pathfinder"?

Comment

And in related news, the Stars have announced the establishment of their new psychiatric care practice to combat the inevitable future regrets of their players. For an extra fee, parental blame and coping mechanisms will be addressed in the curriculum.

Comment

BTDT meltdown mode in full effect. This is when he revives all of his old threads and picks up right where he left off an week or two ago. Notice how the all re-emerge together. Desperation time for the man obsessed with failure.

Comment

Fool, can't you see you are being taunted into lashing out like an idiot.

Comment

Perspective posted both 348 and 349. Another old tired tactic of his.

Comment

Perspective posted both 348 and 349. Another old tired tactic of his.
                Nope and bizarre attempt. Can you give us a preview of what new thread we can expect for tomorrow? I'd like to get a jump on some draft replies.

Comment

jump fishy, jump!

Comment

And in related news, the Stars have announced the establishment of their new psychiatric care practice to combat the inevitable future regrets of their players. For an extra fee, parental blame and coping mechanisms will be addressed in the curriculum.
                    You mean this is not included in the HS elite contract? My kid went away this weekend and now is having a meltdown because she did not score. She needs this service. Where do I send the check? I'm tired of everybody beating on the Stars. Look how much support they give us.My kid will be good as new in 3 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by beentheredonethat View Post
                      I always find it so amusing how I can go away from TS and come back to find myself so deeply involved in so many discussions. I can literally be away for hours, days and even weeks at a clip and still come back to find myself the center of controversy in threads I didn't even know existed. This is one of those situations.

For the record, I don't have a problem with the idea of some girls skipping high school soccer nor do I see a problem with a club like the Stars suggesting it. Now, I might look at a few of the parents as being a little shortsighted for over reaching and having their daughter skip what may be the high point of their soccer career and I might also question the specifics of the particular program the club is putting in place to replace the high school training environment but I actually see the idea as a positive step forward on the girls side.

It is no secret that I think the whole environment on the girl's side is broken. What we are seeing is that because we have so many leagues and teams out there now that the competitive environment is very diluted and that the business side of club soccer dictates far more than it should in terms of team agenda and player placement. What we have found is it is very hard to find the right mix of training rigor and competitive games packaged in one specific place which is why my daughter has been involved in so many other programs like ODP and the WPSL. Suffice to say, we have found that it is very difficult to piece this all together and in the end what we have ended up with is hardly the most efficient means to the end my daughter is are seeking.

For the real high end player, a program like DAP is very attractive. It is a highly controlled environment where the players get their training supervised 6 days a week for ten months out of the year and, at least from the outside, it appears that there are less artificial boundaries like age restrictions holding players below their optimal playing level. DAP is really a total immersion into soccer that replicates the sort of training environment a player will find in a professional soccer club and certainly at the higher levels of the college game. The problem on the girl's side is there is nothing even close to resembling DAP that I have seen that is out there. As a parent, the primary concern that I would have if our club suggested my daughter skip playing for her high school would be what are they going to put in place to offset the amount of training she would be giving up. My personal opinion is 2-3 club training sessions a week is not even an even swap, never mind an upgrade, for all the benefits a kid typically gets from playing for their high school team.

One issue that we always look at with respect to these types of personal decisions is whether the "juice is worth the squeeze". By that I mean whether the sacrifices are actually going to be commensurate with the rewards. I think that as adults most of us recognize that there is always a price to paid for whatever we want in life. What I have found is that typically when most of us make a major purchase in life we use this same sort of cost to value equation in our decision making process but yet for some reason when it comes to making decision like this to hold our child out of high school sports some of us seem to want to throw logic completely out the window. I have just seen that there is a group of parents out there that will go from being careful consumers to wild eyed optimists willing to pay any price just so they can acquire their goal. They push for these sorts of things when it really doesn't make sense based upon the actual path their child is on.

The big question that I see is who is really going to benefit from completely immersing their child into soccer? When you put that question into a historical context, you are going to realize that there are probably only a half dozen youth players at any one time in this state across all the high school age groups who have any legitimate shot what so ever at making money at the pro level of soccer, and even less at making the national level and earning fame. From where I sit those are really the only ones who might want to consider this sort of thing. Even with those players, I not so sure that the rewards are really there to justify the price that will have been paid. Truth be told there are other ways to get to the same spot without paying this price. My personal opinion is that when you start dropping down competitive levels that cost to value balance really starts to get out of whack so this sort of proposition stops making much sense.

In the end though I see this is as a personal decision that everyone has to make based upon their individual family values and goals. I certainly don't fault the Stars for making it available because they are a business and I do believe there are families that will take advantage of this sort of thing. The only thing I would say to them is just don't make their program out to be more than it is. All that we are really talking about is immersing in soccer training in order to become the best soccer player one can be. Not that the Stars are claiming this, but one thing total immersion is not going to be is a magic pill for generating soccer scholarships. The talent to earn a scholarship is either there or it is not there, this would simply solidify what is already there. My advice would be to anyone who is thinking that by totally immersing their child in soccer that they might increase their chances of earning a soccer scholarship that they might want to carefully assess just where their child might be heading before they jump in. Sacrificing your child's high school experience for a pipe dream would be a very high price to pay.
                      Is this the guy that supposedly hates the Stars?

Comment

Is this the guy that supposedly hates the Stars?
                        Yes, BTDT, it is. And periodically you cite an old post and quote posts like you did yesterday disavowing or sounding a little more lukewarm, and then you get right back to your bashing. This one was good. You pulled back an old thread to jump in with all the others you just bumped up and got an old signed in post to boot.

Comment

Yes, BTDT, it is. And periodically you cite an old post and quote posts like you did yesterday disavowing or sounding a little more lukewarm, and then you get right back to your bashing. This one was good. You pulled back an old thread to jump in with all the others you just bumped up and got an old signed in post to boot.
                          Just doing my part to show the depths of YOUR fiction so that others can keep track of what is going on here. That was the last post BeenThereDoneThat clearly made on this site. It hardly contains the inflammatory anti-Stars slant you claim the author is seething with. If you look at the thousands of his signed posts they basically all have the same tone and outlook. You'd be hard pressed to find one that was actually all that critical of the Stars. Every other post YOU claim to be from BTDT are all anonymous posts. You label those posts as being authored by BTDT based upon nothing more than your personal opinion. There are no actual facts to support your opinion, though. What does need to be recognized however is that YOU do have an apparent axe to grind and that your opinion comes from a person who obviously has a deep seated hatred for the person who signs is as BeenThereDoneThat and has demonstrated that he will go beyond extreme lengths to attack him. What you have really done is created a fictional character you call BTDT and lumped anything you don't like under that umbrella. That character is no more real than any of the other fictional characters you constantly are complaining about so don't even try to pretend you have an ounce of sincerity in you. You are nothing but an internet troll getting their jollies off ripping into a guy you clearly don't like and drawing all of the attention to you. You are sick.

Comment

Just doing my part to show the depths of YOUR fiction so that others can keep track of what is going on here. That was the last post BeenThereDoneThat clearly made on this site. It hardly contains the inflammatory anti-Stars slant you claim the author is seething with. If you look at the thousands of his signed posts they basically all have the same tone and outlook. You'd be hard pressed to find one that was actually all that critical of the Stars. Every other post YOU claim to be from BTDT are all anonymous posts. You label those posts as being authored by BTDT based upon nothing more than your personal opinion. There are no actual facts to support your opinion, though. What does need to be recognized however is that YOU do have an apparent axe to grind and that your opinion comes from a person who obviously has a deep seated hatred for the person who signs is as BeenThereDoneThat and has demonstrated that he will go beyond extreme lengths to attack him. What you have really done is created a fictional character you call BTDT and lumped anything you don't like under that umbrella. That character is no more real than any of the other fictional characters you constantly are complaining about so don't even try to pretend you have an ounce of sincerity in you. You are nothing but an internet troll getting their jollies off ripping into a guy you clearly don't like and drawing all of the attention to you. You are sick.
                            BTDT/BTNT/Pathfinder, who do you thinking you're convincing at this point? What do you think you possibly could be winning? You could have launched your various criticisms of the Stars without recourse to lies and fictions. Instead, you've become so patently unhinged that no reasonable person would take criticisms coming from you, or your likenesses, seriously.

All you're doing at this point is embarrassing yourself, your girls, the Heinsohn family name, and NEFC.

Comment

BTDT/BTNT/Pathfinder, who do you thinking you're convincing at this point? What do you think you possibly could be winning? You could have launched your various criticisms of the Stars without recourse to lies and fictions. Instead, you've become so patently unhinged that no reasonable person would take criticisms coming from you, or your likenesses, seriously.

All you're doing at this point is embarrassing yourself, your girls, the Heinsohn family name, and NEFC.
                              Really, I actually think whoever wrote that is spot on. You do seem intent to just go at one person in every possible way imaginable.

Comment

So, BTDT, you haven't been posting?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X