X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incident from game tonight, curious on this one:

Player runs onto long service into box; goalkeeper comes
    flying off line, player one times shot wide and high. After the ball is gone, player and keeper collide on follow through. Keeper had dove to block shot but missed as the ball was hit so quickly; attacker followed through momentum, and crash.

Keeper gets yellow, but then the ref also awarded a PK. Ball was shot out of bounds, contact was after ball was gone. Which is why a foul was called, because the contact (as the ref saw instigated by the keeper) was after the ball was gone. So how can it be a PK???

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

flying off line, player one times shot wide and high. After the ball is gone, player and keeper collide on follow through. Keeper had dove to block shot but missed as the ball was hit so quickly; attacker followed through momentum, and crash.

Keeper gets yellow, but then the ref also awarded a PK. Ball was shot out of bounds, contact was after ball was gone. Which is why a foul was called, because the contact (as the ref saw instigated by the keeper) was after the ball was gone. So how can it be a PK???
      If you agree that there was a foul, and you agree that it occurred in the box then it should be a PK.

A Penalty Kick is awarded when a foul that would normal result in a Direct Free Kick occurs within the defending teams own penalty area.

Comment

If you agree that there was a foul, and you agree that it occurred in the box then it should be a PK.

A Penalty Kick is awarded when a foul that would normal result in a Direct Free Kick occurs within the defending teams own penalty area.
        Yes, but if foul occurred after ball is out of play, then only yellow can be given for UB. No PK s/b awarded.

Comment

Yes, but if foul occurred after ball is out of play, then only yellow can be given for UB. No PK s/b awarded.
          I am a referee and I agree with this post. No PK since foul occurred when ball was out of play

Comment

Thanks you for the replies. In trying to compare, the only thing I could come up with was if a team scored and after the ball went in a player lost their cool and ran into someone. Then it would be a yellow, but no PK. In this case, ball was shot and missed out of play before contact, so a PK didn't seem right.

Comment

Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
              "Yes, but if foul occurred after ball is out of play, then only yellow can be given for UB. No PK s/b awarded.
              I am a referee and I agree with this post. No PK since foul occurred when ball was out of play"

The above seems a bit on to me. The ball is out of play and a goal kick would be the normal restart. Before the goal kick is taken, a defender takes a swing at an opposing player in the penalty box. Is your response that a RC would be given but no PK?

Comment

I am a referee and I agree with this post. No PK since foul occurred when ball was out of play
                This response is disturbing to me.

Comment

It's simple, it's what the referee decides it is. ;)

It's a PK if its an offense that would result in a direct free kick inside the offending team's own penalty area. If it's any number of other offenses involving the GK (and the ball) or another defending player committing dangerous play, impeding progress of the opponent, or any other not in Law 12, then it's an indirect free kick.

Comment

Doubtful that the ball was out of play before keeper crashes into player. Therefore PK

If the keeper crashes into the player after ball is ob, then the keeper deserves PK for stupidity alone.

Comment

This response is disturbing to me.
                      Why? It is 100% correct.

Think of it this way, fouls are called to "correct" what should have happened during the course of play had the laws not been violated. Cards are used to punish bad behavior.

Ball out of play = nothing to correct.

Comment

Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
                        "Yes, but if foul occurred after ball is out of play, then only yellow can be given for UB. No PK s/b awarded.
                        I am a referee and I agree with this post. No PK since foul occurred when ball was out of play"

The above seems a bit on to me. The ball is out of play and a goal kick would be the normal restart. Before the goal kick is taken, a defender takes a swing at an opposing player in the penalty box. Is your response that a RC would be given but no PK?
                        The correct action is red card and goal kick.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Why? It is 100% correct.

Think of it this way, fouls are called to "correct" what should have happened during the course of play had the laws not been violated. Cards are used to punish bad behavior.

Ball out of play = nothing to correct.
                            The post said "ball was gone" (not "out of play") and in the context it was written, that suggests to me away from the field player, but it does not say, much less imply, the ball was out of play.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X