Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Brought to you by someone that hat fits.
    You can't come unarmed to a battle of wits. I'm glad you didn't try to spell courtesy again.

Comment

You can't come unarmed to a battle of wits. I'm glad you didn't try to spell courtesy again.
      And you can't take your hat off. If i am guessing your club was the one that got hit right between the eyes... The big degree from a big school got you the position of director of academy and it was courteous enough to help you spell courtesy.

Comment

I agree with this. My daughter was developed by their Academy. Liz Lima is the best around. We switched clubs later as they did not have a boys club at the time and we were juggling a girl and a boy so logisticaly it was difficult. She'll push the kids :)

I also agree with one of the posters that indicated maybe a switch at the older age groups. It just seems that there are simply more teams with some of the other clubs as they go U15 or so... Good luck.
        I have heard of a new club based in Milton/Canton.

Not sure who is running it but I think it is for younger players and will be a smaller club.

Blue Hills Soccer??

Comment

http://www.ptusa.org/docs/BLUE%2520H...%5D%5B1%5D.pdf

Looks like the crusaders.

Comment

Best two clubs on south shore are SS Select or Scorpions. Scorpions train in braintree mostly and select in Hinham area.

I would definately reach out to coachs and attend some practices.

Good luck!
            Agreed. Select has a great family atmosphere and great training academy for your youngest daughter. The goalie coach is getting good reviews. Scorpions is a strong club ESP at the older level for girls. Both clubs have ivy league graduates as directors if you are looking for study hard work hard role models. Interview and try both clubs. It is more of a personality fit at these two age groups IMO.

Comment

Agreed. Select has a great family atmosphere and great training academy for your youngest daughter. The goalie coach is getting good reviews. Scorpions is a strong club ESP at the older level for girls. Both clubs have ivy league graduates as directors if you are looking for study hard work hard role models. Interview and try both clubs. It is more of a personality fit at these two age groups IMO.
              Yup. The two ivy degrees got them the director of academy jobs that none respects. While at interview ask them why they earned such a big degree to just become what they are now. One is greedy and control freak the other is a puppet in a string.

Comment

Scorps

Scorpions are great at taking players from other clubs after they have been developed elsewhere.

Comment

Why don't people stop bashing other clubs and say the truth.. Everyone likes their club the best. You need to go and have your children practice at a couple of clubs, they will like some coaches, and not others. Let them tell you who they like best. Then you can go from there. After a season, you will know the clubs and where you will fit best. Good luck!

Comment

Scorpions are great at taking players from other clubs after they have been developed elsewhere.
                    Yes, successful programs generally draw better players from weaker clubs

Comment

This is bs. Scorps is one of the better clubs at teaching fundamentals at a young age. I hear the same thing about SSS. NEFC and Stars, not so much. For them it's just win baby.

Comment

Yup. The two ivy degrees got them the director of academy jobs that none respects. While at interview ask them why they earned such a big degree to just become what they are now. One is greedy and control freak the other is a puppet in a string.
                        Boo...

Comment

This is bs. Scorps is one of the better clubs at teaching fundamentals at a young age. I hear the same thing about SSS. NEFC and Stars, not so much. For them it's just win baby.
                          Facts are facts, the other clubs develop and the scorps recruit.

Here is anther question for you,what happens to the scorps when their key marque team U17 girls move on to college or wherever?

Comment

I can't say which club is best but Liz Lima is one of my daughter's ODP coaches and she really likes her. She is tough but fair and her coaching seems to be right on point with the comments she makes. Very cool that she also went to Harvard as young girls can aspire to go to Harvard and play soccer, that wouldn't be a bad outcome for my kid that's for sure. Hating on her because she went to Harvard seems childish.

Comment

Facts are facts, the other clubs develop and the scorps recruit.

Here is anther question for you,what happens to the scorps when their key marque team U17 girls move on to college or wherever?
                              What facts? This is just not true? Best club for teaching fundamentals, period. Just because some kids leave their club and seek the scorps out, doesn't mean they recruit. I can tell you that one particular club has kids coming to Scorps begging to get on the team because their current club sucks so bad. Does that mean the Scorps recruit?

Comment

What facts? This is just not true? Best club for teaching fundamentals, period. Just because some kids leave their club and seek the scorps out, doesn't mean they recruit. I can tell you that one particular club has kids coming to Scorps begging to get on the team because their current club sucks so bad. Does that mean the Scorps recruit?
                                There are no teachers coaching within the scorpions coaching ranks only recruiters. Sorry I know the truth hurts.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X