Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NWSL champion @FCKansasCity acquires #uswnt vet Heather O'Reilly from Boston for Morg

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If only they could move the entire league to the Pacific Northwest. They have some kind of soccer magic going on up there.

Comment

As a parent of three daughers I would love to see the Mewis sisters playing togehter. My kids loved watching them play in high school and in college. Does the womans league have the same club rights to players as the MLS. What I am trying to say is Sam was a Scorpion player her entire youth career. Would she automatically come to the Breakers. If so that is a big win for them when avialble. I am not sold on the new coach either but it was his first year and was he trying to figure out what he had for players and how that worked into his coaching style. I also think winning is what brings fans just as much as high profile players. If profile players are the case then the league should have these players avaialble to fans at a way games to build the league even more. You don't need them on your team you just need them avaialble for autographs to ome teams. Ambassadors of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        As a parent of three daughers I would love to see the Mewis sisters playing togehter. My kids loved watching them play in high school and in college. Does the womans league have the same club rights to players as the MLS. What I am trying to say is Sam was a Scorpion player her entire youth career. Would she automatically come to the Breakers. If so that is a big win for them when avialble. I am not sold on the new coach either but it was his first year and was he trying to figure out what he had for players and how that worked into his coaching style. I also think winning is what brings fans just as much as high profile players. If profile players are the case then the league should have these players avaialble to fans at a way games to build the league even more. You don't need them on your team you just need them avaialble for autographs to ome teams. Ambassadors of the game.
        What you are referring to is a 'homegrown player rule' which is what MLS has in place. As far as I am was such rule does not exist in NWSL. Therefore Sam Mewis would enter the college draft and unless Breakers have a #1 or #2 pick I suspect she will not be playing with her sister in 2015.

Comment

This player or that player isn't a strategy, much less a winning one.

I was a season ticket holder during the WPS years, my daughters couldn't get enough. By comparison to today, those Breakers had star players and the soccer was compelling, but more than that, the organization and those players delivered that persona to the fans. Unfortunately WPS had many flaws and couldn't survive.

I completely agree, overall, the move to Dilboy was a disaster. I was never a season ticket holder at Dilboy. I'm still not because the interest from my kids isn't there. After seeing the USWNT, my kids are really only interested in seeing USWNT players. They seem to love watching older players play, but they get as much enjoyment out of a local high school or college match.

If NWSL rosters will be made up of haves and have nots, and Boston is a have not, it may survive here, but it won't be a factor within the league.

Comment

This player or that player isn't a strategy, much less a winning one.

I was a season ticket holder during the WPS years, my daughters couldn't get enough. By comparison to today, those Breakers had star players and the soccer was compelling, but more than that, the organization and those players delivered that persona to the fans. Unfortunately WPS had many flaws and couldn't survive.

I completely agree, overall, the move to Dilboy was a disaster. I was never a season ticket holder at Dilboy. I'm still not because the interest from my kids isn't there. After seeing the USWNT, my kids are really only interested in seeing USWNT players. They seem to love watching older players play, but they get as much enjoyment out of a local high school or college match.

If NWSL rosters will be made up of haves and have nots, and Boston is a have not, it may survive here, but it won't be a factor within the league.
            My kids are old enough to drive themselves to the Breakers. Neither has.

I wouldn't go to a Breakers game if it were free and in my hometown, nevermind paying for tickets and travelling.

If girls who grew up playing the game are not "fans" who will be?

Comment

What you are referring to is a 'homegrown player rule' which is what MLS has in place. As far as I am was such rule does not exist in NWSL. Therefore Sam Mewis would enter the college draft and unless Breakers have a #1 or #2 pick I suspect she will not be playing with her sister in 2015.
              Keep in mind the league is a partnership subsidized by several countries. There is no way they won't find a way to maneuver the Breakers to be in a position to grab Mewis either through a trade or a an gentlemans agreement to let her fall to the breakers. Boston is a large market and a strong team is very desirable for the growth of the league and any future broadcasting possibilities.

Comment

Keep in mind the league is a partnership subsidized by several countries. There is no way they won't find a way to maneuver the Breakers to be in a position to grab Mewis either through a trade or a an gentlemans agreement to let her fall to the breakers. Boston is a large market and a strong team is very desirable for the growth of the league and any future broadcasting possibilities.
                I just read in O'Reilly's bio that her husband went to Harvard B school. She was likely in Boston only as long as he was attending Harvard. This league continues to be a joke that allows its players to manipulate where they want to play.

Comment

No one cares about the Mewis sisters. May as well be the Andrews sisters. Good players but nowhere near the name recognition of LeRoux and O'Reilly. Too bad the Breakers can't get big name players like that.....

Comment

The league is not hanging in the balance month to month. If you follow the NWSL you will know teams are now profitable, more MLS franchises are looking to add women's teams and US Soccer has committed its operational resources, at its own expense, for the long term. That was publicly stated from US Soccer president.
                    I would live to know what kind of voodoo accounting tricks they are using to be able to state that the league is profitable

Comment

News at 10 a.m.

Comment

The guy who runs the Breakers is a joke. The people within the team do not like him and he clearly does not know how to "market" his business. Last year they gave away the best player in the league for a local player who did not even get invited to WC qualifying. Now he gives away O'Reilly? Maybe he fell asleep because of high school season. How many other "professional" GM's coach a high school team?

Comment

The guy who runs the Breakers is a joke. The people within the team do not like him and he clearly does not know how to "market" his business. Last year they gave away the best player in the league for a local player who did not even get invited to WC qualifying. Now he gives away O'Reilly? Maybe he fell asleep because of high school season. How many other "professional" GM's coach a high school team?
                          Legitimate questions and concerns.

Comment

http://www.bostonbreakerssoccer.com/home/845335.html

Comment

They better get more staff at the ticket counters! Another no-name player.

Comment

That is actually funny. How big a joke are the Breakers when the top man needs to make a few grand on the side coaching teenagers? At a minimum it is a 20 hour commitment on a weekly basis.

Leroux, O'Reilly and Devanna all traded. Idiot.

Without the aid of Google can anyone name 3 players on the Breakers?...........that's what I thought.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X