Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Let me answer the question about the coach. He was way over his head. His strengths literally is strength and conditioning. He was not a strategist or a teacher of the game. He could not motivate the team and any success was in spite of him.
    Interesting considering he's still coaching at NEFC. So he can coach a lower team, but couldn't coach a team with this extreme level of talent? Huh, if my daughter was on his new team I would be questioning the committment of the club. If you look at his bio he also coached at the collegiate level, so again interesting how he couldn't coach a U14 team successfully.

I'm sure NEFC is really pleased to have you as their representative on TS. Can you say foot in mouth??

Comment

Interesting considering he's still coaching at NEFC. So he can coach a lower team, but couldn't coach a team with this extreme level of talent? Huh, if my daughter was on his new team I would be questioning the committment of the club. If you look at his bio he also coached at the collegiate level, so again interesting how he couldn't coach a U14 team successfully.

I'm sure NEFC is really pleased to have you as their representative on TS. Can you say foot in mouth??
      As long as they keep cashing my checks I could care less if they're happy or not. It's their job to provide a qualified coach which they have now done. The fact that they replaced him after one year says it all.

Comment

The best striker comment refers to the NPL striker who many do recognize national as one of the best. She had the choice of joining the NEFC npl team and chose the Breakers.
        Outside of the 10 forwards that are going to Portland, though. Right?

Comment

Nefc premier lost more players then theyre admitting. I know 2 went up to npl, 1 to breakers, 1 or 2 to aztec and i heard others left too, im just not sure where

Comment

I'm with the other poster, put them all in the same bracket. A lot of this teams don't play each other because of the many leagues.
            It s a Show case . I thought it was about the individual players interaction with their team, not who has the best team. or if its the clubs being showcased, maybe it is about who has the best team.

Comment

Nefc premier lost more players then theyre admitting. I know 2 went up to npl, 1 to breakers, 1 or 2 to aztec and i heard others left too, im just not sure where
              Another to Stars, GPS. New coach is a decent guy but typical HS coach. Doesn't value technical ability. Wants fast and big kids. Send it baby!

Comment

I find your comments kinda confusing. You are happy for the two players that made the NEFC NPL team but not the player who made the Breakers ECNL team. Why should she have stayed. You are also disrespecting the middle to bottom players that were your teammates last year. I think this is a bit alarming to any new players that are not in the top 6 of this team. If you picked up so many great players I guess your daughter is now in the middle to bottom of the roster so you will be replaceable next year. Watch how you write and talk about other players. Sometimes players need a change of coach or club to find their way. I am glad I am no playing on that team if this is how the parents think.
                Its sad when a parent who claims to be your friend anonymously berates your kid on a forum like this. My kid was in the middle to bottom of that team last year. Watch what you say about my kid. Sometime kids need a change of coach or team like the above poster says. Sometimes they improve, sometimes not. But you are no authority on the subject.

Comment

When will the brackets be out?

Comment

When will the brackets be out?
                    your such a tool!

Comment

This thread had turned into nothing but the hype machines going into attack mode. No reason to get upset about that because what that hype machine is trying to appeal to here is just the fellowship of the miserable. Those are the people on every team that just add dysfunction to it. You don't want those people associated with your kid so you should be happy when they convince them to leave. Laugh at their ignorance and thank your lucky stars they are now someone else's problem.

Folks, there is no such thing as a perfect club, or perfect team, or perfect coach. What you should all be looking for is an environment that works for your child and your family. One of the most under rated aspects of club soccer is being associated with a coach who cares more about what is good for your child than what is good for their own career or the success of the club. Those people are rare.

Comment

Its sad when a parent who claims to be your friend anonymously berates your kid on a forum like this. My kid was in the middle to bottom of that team last year. Watch what you say about my kid. Sometime kids need a change of coach or team like the above poster says. Sometimes they improve, sometimes not. But you are no authority on the subject.
                        I agree with your point about anonymously attacking players and from my experience with the team and I might be totally clueless I thought the girls on the team were pretty close. I wasn't aware of any tension other than some dissatisfaction with the coach and playing time. They were a good group of girls who gave Nefc npl all they could handle in the state cup semis. I respect everyone's decision to move on or to stay and I know from my experience they were a great group of kids and wish them well.

Comment

This thread had turned into nothing but the hype machines going into attack mode. No reason to get upset about that because what that hype machine is trying to appeal to here is just the fellowship of the miserable. Those are the people on every team that just add dysfunction to it. You don't want those people associated with your kid so you should be happy when they convince them to leave. Laugh at their ignorance and thank your lucky stars they are now someone else's problem.

Folks, there is no such thing as a perfect club, or perfect team, or perfect coach. What you should all be looking for is an environment that works for your child and your family. One of the most under rated aspects of club soccer is being associated with a coach who cares more about what is good for your child than what is good for their own career or the success of the club. Those people are rare.
                          Well said. We feel very fortunate to have two such coaches working with our kids. Both girls, but at two different clubs. Having the kids' teams led by these coaches is worth its weight in gold, at least so far as we're concerned. In one case, there is also some loyalty built up for the club, in the other case, not so much. It's been said many times on here; choose the coach, not the club. Couldn't agree more.

Comment

He is also one of my daughter's GK coach and a pretty good one at that, got to say I'm a little put off by that comment, always someone else to blame

Comment

Pretty sure it wasn't Stars ECNL

Comment

Originally posted by Give the ball to Mary View Post
                                He is also one of my daughter's GK coach and a pretty good one at that, got to say I'm a little put off by that comment, always someone else to blame
                                No one said he had no redeeming qualities. He's a great conditioning coach, may well be a great GK coach although I have no experience with that and very well might be a good coach for younger kids. Following NB wasn't an easy task and in comparison probably wasn't fair to him.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X