Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nepsac the brackets will come out in a week and a half. La will likely b the number 1 seed so games will be home their. Not sure for mx or nobles and Milton. I bet they will be away.
    Thank you

Comment

that is correct
      Some schools will inevitably be bigger than others, is that a fair method of classification? Or thr best that theh have now.

Comment

What tournament(s) should I be looking for now to watch the best playoff teams in the ISL?
        (Sarcastic replies will receive no Halloween candy. Their sites are not the easiest to navigate and I have no connection to a team, just a love for good soccer)
        If you wanted to see best ISL teams, one choice would be to see the final season game between Nobles and Milton. You would also want to see LA play, as their 2 players are at a different level in what they can do. Even as the #2 seed in the Class B play-offs, they should be home (although I think there's some rule about meeting half way if the teams are too far apart geographically).

Comment

All ISL 11 so far in the season? Any thoughts?

Comment

Class placement

Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
            The school number of boys determines its class?

that is correct

School size determines Class placement, but schools are allowed to request placement in a class up to 2 levels higher, if they wish for higher level competition. Once they elect to be placed in a higher class, they must stay in that class for at least 2 years.

Comment

If you wanted to see best ISL teams, one choice would be to see the final season game between Nobles and Milton. You would also want to see LA play, as their 2 players are at a different level in what they can do. Even as the #2 seed in the Class B play-offs, they should be home (although I think there's some rule about meeting half way if the teams are too far apart geographically).
              Thanks. I asked the question.I did go to two games recently. Milton v Rivers. And then LA v Nobles.
              IMHO, LA is superior to the other 3. I realize Milton beat them earlier this year but they (LA) have obviously developed since because they were very impressive. I wouldn't have traded one position player from LA for any from Nobles. The same goes for Rivers and Milton (except one of the MA backs). Rivers actually was the better team over Milton in the first half, again IMHO), but I didn't see one flaw in the LA line up. They can all flat out play.

I'd congratulate any player, student and parent that is part of these schools. They seem like very impressive institutions.

Comment

Thanks. I asked the question.I did go to two games recently. Milton v Rivers. And then LA v Nobles.
                IMHO, LA is superior to the other 3. I realize Milton beat them earlier this year but they (LA) have obviously developed since because they were very impressive. I wouldn't have traded one position player from LA for any from Nobles. The same goes for Rivers and Milton (except one of the MA backs). Rivers actually was the better team over Milton in the first half, again IMHO), but I didn't see one flaw in the LA line up. They can all flat out play.

I'd congratulate any player, student and parent that is part of these schools. They seem like very impressive institutions.
                Not even the Asian kid on LA who runs around like he has his head cut off?

Comment

Left back? He's excellent. Blazing speed. He actually stood out.

I'm not hiring you as a scout.

Comment

He is the fastest outside back in the league. He might not be the best defensivley but his speed makes up for it. Offensively he scores a lot of goals for an oitside back and is very hard to defend. Beilve he is commited d3.

Comment

Apparently LA parents have resorted to posting as impartial observers of the ISL soccer scene.......Please, so pathetically obvious !

Comment

Picking up on a prior thread, wondering if MX or Rivers has a shot at a play-off spot. Hard to know what else is going on out there given lack of central standings. Figure somebody with real knowledge of the landscape can make an educated guess. Seems you'd have Nobles, LA, S. Kent, WMA, Brewster, KUA, Cushing in the mix, but I can't think of who else is a good B school (Pomfret and Williston having off years I think)-probably skipping someone. If not, seems like the 8th spot might be open. Not to say all those listed are in- some of these teams have more losses but they play tougher schedules. Would like to see MX get a shot.

Comment

W L T PTS
                          1 South Kent 9 1 0 32.2
                          2 KUA 7 3 2 22.2
                          3 Nobles 10 2 0 17.5
                          4 Cushing 9 1 2 16.3
                          5 Lawrence 11 2 0 16.2
                          6 Pomfret 6 3 3 15.7
                          7 Wilbraham 7 4 3 14
                          8 Rivers 9 2 3 14
                          9 Brewster 9 4 1 13
                          10 Middlesex 9 2 2 11.8

These were the rankings (seedings) for Class B as of October 28. Games don't include out of New England competition, so South Kent's 2 losses to Ohio and PA teams are not included. Factors in the points include wins against teams from Class A schools, strength of schedule, etc.

Comment

Thanks for the response on the Class B's, would love to see the math on that as a couple don't seem right. Not sure how Rivers is above MX- I guess Rivers' loss by 2 to NMH is better than MX's tie of WMA. A lot riding on Rivers game with Nobles then. Don't get Pomfret- schedule is not so impressive, so not sure what in their mediocre record boosts them. I assume you get credit for beating or giving a game to a good A team, and not just any A team (ie, does Cushing get extra points for beating Tabor (twice) even though Tabor isn't strong)?

Comment

W L T PTS
                              1 South Kent 9 1 0 32.2
                              2 KUA 7 3 2 22.2
                              3 Nobles 10 2 0 17.5
                              4 Cushing 9 1 2 16.3
                              5 Lawrence 11 2 0 16.2
                              6 Pomfret 6 3 3 15.7
                              7 Wilbraham 7 4 3 14
                              8 Rivers 9 2 3 14
                              9 Brewster 9 4 1 13
                              10 Middlesex 9 2 2 11.8

These were the rankings (seedings) for Class B as of October 28. Games don't include out of New England competition, so South Kent's 2 losses to Ohio and PA teams are not included. Factors in the points include wins against teams from Class A schools, strength of schedule, etc.
                              These rankings don't make any sense. La beat nobles. Kua And Cushing are weaker than last year.

Comment

Rivers over MX is an easy one - They tied So kent last yerar in finals and lost in PK's. They also beat KUA handily earlier in the year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X