Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ODP is a showcase event., however, its by invitation only .
    why would westpines u 13 get a invite ?

perhaps anyone can be invited .

Comment

except IMG entry fee is twice the price and in most age groups have mediocre at best entries?

IMG entries: http://www.imgacademy.com/events/img...cipating-teams

ODP entries: http://events.gotsport.com/events/De...?eventid=43154
      mediocre on boys side? do you even know the teams? seriously I think the other poster was right, MS is posting to cast a shadow on IMG. Ok, but be honest, while it doesn't matter, IMG boys cost is 600-900. a range depending on age of team, not fixed price like 450 for a U13 or a U17 for FYSA. Also, IMG showcase is for real kids showcasing, and they include U18/19 groups.

Comment

FYSA Showcase - $325
        IMG Cup - $1,000

Coaches will be slim at both. If you are looking for tune-up games, FYSA is a much better offer.

You also don't have to pay for parking or miss school.
        No but you are traveling to Auburndale soccer plex, so make sure you have extra insurance on anything in your car, and/or add that window insurance you never got around to before you go. Last time we were there, there were half a dozen smashed in car windows and thefts in the main parking lot. It was crazy. Alarms going off and no one doing anything. Good luck everyone.

Comment

No but you are traveling to Auburndale soccer plex, so make sure you have extra insurance on anything in your car, and/or add that window insurance you never got around to before you go. Last time we were there, there were half a dozen smashed in car windows and thefts in the main parking lot. It was crazy. Alarms going off and no one doing anything. Good luck everyone.
          Doubtful. There is a policeman that lives on that property.

The cost for the "showcase" level is $900 for IMG. The cost, if you applied when you were supposed to, was $325 for FYSA. It was originally invite only, but if they didn't field enough teams, they started reaching out to clubs.

It is very hit or miss, similar to IMG.

Say what you want, I don't think anyone is defending the competition level of FYSA saying it's the best around. If you are looking for a cheap 2 games on nice fields before State Cup playing decent to good teams, that's your match. If you want to pay almost triple the price to play 3 games (more hotel $$ as well) and play similar competition on nice fields, IMG is your option.

Comment

The cost for the "showcase" level is $900 for IMG. The cost, if you applied when you were supposed to, was $325 for FYSA. It was originally invite only, but if they didn't field enough teams, they started reaching out to clubs.

Say what you want, I don't think anyone is defending the competition level of FYSA saying it's the best around. If you are looking for a cheap 2 games on nice fields before State Cup playing decent to good teams, that's your match. If you want to pay almost triple the price to play 3 games (more hotel $$ as well) and play similar competition on nice fields, IMG is your option.
            FYSA has 6 teams in the top 15 participating at U16 boys. Not bad for $325.

Comment

U16G has 6 of the 9 teams going in the top 16 in FL. I'll take that.

IMG has Celtic going though, so that might counter everything!

Comment

This tournament is a sham

We went to IMG last year and was a HUGE WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY!! Played in top bracket being a top team and the competition sucked. Also not at single coach was seen at any game. Save your money

FYSA Showcase - $325
                IMG Cup - $1,000

Coaches will be slim at both. If you are looking for tune-up games, FYSA is a much better offer.

You also don't have to pay for parking or miss school.[/QUOTE]

Comment

We went to IMG last year and was a HUGE WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY!! Played in top bracket being a top team and the competition sucked. Also not at single coach was seen at any game. Save your money

FYSA Showcase - $325
                  IMG Cup - $1,000

You also don't have to pay for parking or miss school.
                  [/QUOTE]

If you are U13 I'm not surprised there are no coaches around... oh wait, that's the FYSA event. Please if any of what you post is true tell us your great club name. can't because you are just a basher of IMG and obviously a troll for FYSA. Betting you are on board with all those Region A and Region D teams getting a bye for the first round. FYSA price was 495. Perhaps to those late coming fillers they gave a discount... will they reimburse all those that paid full price? And as to the "policeman" living on the premises... yes, there is a cop car that is parked on the corner there... has been parked there for years. We were at Auburndale fields when the breakins happened. It was ODP event. Everyone is on the fields and no one is in the parking lots. Perhaps they are now patrolling them... good luck with that. and they weren't just breakins... windows smashed out of cars... huge mess. you couldn't miss it and everyone there knew of it. You can try to sweep it under a rug... LMAO. Perhaps your patrolman is part of the problem. Minimally gives everyone a false sense of security. Now that is funny. I'd say those people really paid for their parking at Auburndale.

Comment

If you are U13 I'm not surprised there are no coaches around... oh wait, that's the FYSA event. Please if any of what you post is true tell us your great club name. can't because you are just a basher of IMG and obviously a troll for FYSA. Betting you are on board with all those Region A and Region D teams getting a bye for the first round. FYSA price was 495. Perhaps to those late coming fillers they gave a discount... will they reimburse all those that paid full price? And as to the "policeman" living on the premises... yes, there is a cop car that is parked on the corner there... has been parked there for years. We were at Auburndale fields when the breakins happened. It was ODP event. Everyone is on the fields and no one is in the parking lots. Perhaps they are now patrolling them... good luck with that. and they weren't just breakins... windows smashed out of cars... huge mess. you couldn't miss it and everyone there knew of it. You can try to sweep it under a rug... LMAO. Perhaps your patrolman is part of the problem. Minimally gives everyone a false sense of security. Now that is funny. I'd say those people really paid for their parking at Auburndale.[/QUOTE]

This just shows either your ignorance or how bad your club team is. ANY FSPL, R3PL, R3PLE, etc participating teams received an e-mail 2 months ago saying early registration for FYSA Showcase is $350 by January 23rd. We actually just received an e-mail from IMG asking us to participate in their tournament because they are short teams.

The IMG Showcase you want to attend for boys is in December, not March.

Per your request, Clay County U17B

Comment

3 coaches at this one, 17 coaches at IMG's event, same days. But the ODP coaches will be there. Bwa ha ha ha...that's a friggin' joke!
                      I don't see where any coaches are attending FSPL Showcase. You mentioned three were registered but I don't even see that.

Comment

I don't see where any coaches are attending FSPL Showcase. You mentioned three were registered but I don't even see that.
                        And that's part of the problem, isn't it? I had to go through my kids gotsoccer acct and search for the event to find this info out. So much for transparency, huh?

Comment

What are the chances (statistically speaking) in the past where kids are just randomly selected by college coaches at a showcase? Everyone is trying to shove their kids in front of every college coach at every showcase possible but what work is being done in the background? What schools have you & your child checked out? Any campus visits? What are the academics like there? What is your childs GPA? Have you done highlight videos? Are you of age by NCAA standards that you're able to reach out & contact the coaches at the schools of interest? Showcases are all good but there's much more work to it than just that.

I was under the impression (at least when my son went thru the process 3 years ago & yes he did get randomly selected) that coaches are already coming with their list of kids on their radar and it's rare to just randomly select them with so many teams and kids at a showcase and I know for a fact that college coaches are not dragging their little stools and clip boards around to sit a watch a full 90 minutes of one game.

I would just encourage everyone is use showcases as a tool for the college process & not solely rely on it 100% to pay for your kids tuition. There's so much more to it.

Comment

If you are U13 I'm not surprised there are no coaches around... oh wait, that's the FYSA event. Please if any of what you post is true tell us your great club name. can't because you are just a basher of IMG and obviously a troll for FYSA. Betting you are on board with all those Region A and Region D teams getting a bye for the first round. FYSA price was 495. Perhaps to those late coming fillers they gave a discount... will they reimburse all those that paid full price? And as to the "policeman" living on the premises... yes, there is a cop car that is parked on the corner there... has been parked there for years. We were at Auburndale fields when the breakins happened. It was ODP event. Everyone is on the fields and no one is in the parking lots. Perhaps they are now patrolling them... good luck with that. and they weren't just breakins... windows smashed out of cars... huge mess. you couldn't miss it and everyone there knew of it. You can try to sweep it under a rug... LMAO. Perhaps your patrolman is part of the problem. Minimally gives everyone a false sense of security. Now that is funny. I'd say those people really paid for their parking at Auburndale.
                            This just shows either your ignorance or how bad your club team is. ANY FSPL, R3PL, R3PLE, etc participating teams received an e-mail 2 months ago saying early registration for FYSA Showcase is $350 by January 23rd. We actually just received an e-mail from IMG asking us to participate in their tournament because they are short teams.

The IMG Showcase you want to attend for boys is in December, not March.

Per your request, Clay County U17B[/QUOTE]

So curious as to why you believe the December event is the one to attend? Because there are fewer teams at that time, could you be trophy hunting, just for points? And short of teams, in your age group? the 17s have twelve teams. Pretty sure IMG would call your DOC if they needed teams; they don't need to drop unsolicited emails. And that email you claim from FYSA two months earlier? what a shock that FYSA would try to get a jump on every other tournament set for that same weekend to promote their own. So what? I just hope, like another poster stated, many teams that paid the full price as stated on their tournament site get a refund for their obvious overpayment.

Comment

Where's the coaches list?

Comment

Where's the coaches list?
                                http://www.fysa.com/fysas_florida_premier_showcase/

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X