Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hope they cancel early tomorrow. Awful rain and dangerous travel on i4. Why not make up games in first round of state cup since fspl teams aren't playing that weekend.
    Because FSPL players have already committed to other games, tournaments, and vacation plans once the seedings were posted

Comment

I don't know BB, but I dont' trust FYSA. I understand the seeding crap; There are many FYSA league teams that would not go far in SC without it. Listen, any team that gets points just for participating, should be getting a goose egg. But FYSA has to give its leagues some bone or they wouldn't play there. Also, the unseeded teams, another situation that has no rational basis. Give teams from Regions A and D a pass because they don't have many teams and get to jump into round 2. And the number of unseeded teams that advance into round two is totally dependent on how many seeded teams there are. so even if a team does well, say they had three ties - no losses, they could be sent packing, when certain teams from A and D dont' even have to play a single match to get to round 2. How in anyone's mind is this a fair Cup? If SC is to maintain any credibility, why don't all teams start at the beginning, and see where they end up?
      100% agree!

Comment

Hope they cancel early tomorrow. Awful rain and dangerous travel on i4. Why not make up games in first round of state cup since fspl teams aren't playing that weekend.
        Even more dangerous on Hwy 60! I mean really? WTH.
        Sick of having to drive, stay and play in Auburndale.

Comment

our you just win all your games regardless of where you start???
          only someone with your tiny pea-sized nut of a brain, could seriously believe that some teams should play three games and need to come out the victor, and other teams, don't have to play any, and then those teams are the REAL start of SC. I'm not even discussing seeded versus unseeded... I'm only talking about the unseeded teams! Never in a hundred years will that make any sense.

Comment

Because FSPL players have already committed to other games, tournaments, and vacation plans once the seedings were posted
            first, doesnt make sense. The final seeding is not done yet, and you've known all along that your teams would getting "seeding" that is why you play in those leagues. They give your teams an edge you would not have otherwise. Timing was never an issue. You still need a way to figure out who gets final seeding points, if it even changes. Probably arguing about something that wouldn't make any difference anyway.

Comment

only someone with your tiny pea-sized nut of a brain, could seriously believe that some teams should play three games and need to come out the victor, and other teams, don't have to play any, and then those teams are the REAL start of SC. I'm not even discussing seeded versus unseeded... I'm only talking about the unseeded teams! Never in a hundred years will that make any sense.
              what you critics aren't getting is the fact that US Youth Soccer mandated that teams could only play 1 game per day going forward. That, along with the fact that Florida has so many teams enter state cup, dictated change this year. Bet you didn't know that seeding points were in play last year too! This year, to make it easier for most by eliminating a lot of travel, they decided to take all nonseeded teams and let them play out first round by the region you live in. Of course you still complain. How about this...do well at state cup this year, so that next year you can play a league that gets you seeding points! This way you will have EARNED it instead of wanting it handed to you! I bet I know which Presidential candidate you voted for...

Comment

Are they going to make up games from yesterday? Hopefully not in auburndale again. Tired of driving there.

Comment

Are they going to make up games from yesterday? Hopefully not in auburndale again. Tired of driving there.
                  Love Auburndale. Not far from us!

Comment

what you critics aren't getting is the fact that US Youth Soccer mandated that teams could only play 1 game per day going forward. That, along with the fact that Florida has so many teams enter state cup, dictated change this year. Bet you didn't know that seeding points were in play last year too! This year, to make it easier for most by eliminating a lot of travel, they decided to take all nonseeded teams and let them play out first round by the region you live in. Of course you still complain. How about this...do well at state cup this year, so that next year you can play a league that gets you seeding points! This way you will have EARNED it instead of wanting it handed to you! I bet I know which Presidential candidate you voted for...
                    obviously if you read my posts then you can see I know about seeding points and how they are achieved. also, not all unseeded teams have to play in first round. again, try reading all words in a post - or better yet, just go to the fysa website and read it there. typical you interpret something totally by you own bias and not from actual information. oh, and I definately know which side you voted for... still a sore loser and will post any mis information just to try to bait others to follow you. typical.

Comment

obviously if you read my posts then you can see I know about seeding points and how they are achieved. also, not all unseeded teams have to play in first round. again, try reading all words in a post - or better yet, just go to the fysa website and read it there. typical you interpret something totally by you own bias and not from actual information. oh, and I definately know which side you voted for... still a sore loser and will post any mis information just to try to bait others to follow you. typical.
                      Spoken like a true liberal. Just because someone in "that" group has it easier, then I want it that way too. Again what you are missing is that every age group has different number of teams, so a "one size fits all" solution isn't available. Just deal with it and do well this year to set up next year.

Comment

Maybe sprinkling where you live but pouring in auburn dale today and lightning alarm went off about 20 minutes into games. It is Florida and radar showed constant rain band for hours
                        I live in Auburndale and it started raining at 10 am and hadn't stopped well in to the night. When I woke up this morning, I had almost 3" of rain in the rain guage and the local news station ( bay news 9) verified it...... Just because YOU didn't get rain or much of it dosent mean other parts of the soccer world didn't!!!

Comment

I live in Auburndale and it started raining at 10 am and hadn't stopped well in to the night. When I woke up this morning, I had almost 3" of rain in the rain guage and the local news station ( bay news 9) verified it...... Just because YOU didn't get rain or much of it dosent mean other parts of the soccer world didn't!!!
                          My condolences.

Comment

And the number of unseeded teams that advance into round two is totally dependent on how many seeded teams there are. so even if a team does well, say they had three ties - no losses, they could be sent packing, when certain teams from A and D dont' even have to play a single match to get to round 2. How in anyone's mind is this a fair Cup? If SC is to maintain any credibility, why don't all teams start at the beginning, and see where they end up?
                            OMFG, if your team only ties three games in a watered-down round 1 FYSA would be doing you a favor sending your team packing. You won't stand a chance in round 2 and can save travel, food, and lodging expenses.

There are time constraints on the tournament. To play only 1 game a day and have every applied team play round 1 there would have to be an additional round and SC would have to start earlier or end much later. If ( and I mean if) you want everyone to play round 1, then FYSA would need to reject the TARSA-level teams, and then those parents would be whining how they never even got a chance (although they never had a chance).

Comment

OMFG, if your team only ties three games in a watered-down round 1 FYSA would be doing you a favor sending your team packing. You won't stand a chance in round 2 and can save travel, food, and lodging expenses.

There are time constraints on the tournament. To play only 1 game a day and have every applied team play round 1 there would have to be an additional round and SC would have to start earlier or end much later. If ( and I mean if) you want everyone to play round 1, then FYSA would need to reject the TARSA-level teams, and then those parents would be whining how they never even got a chance (although they never had a chance).
                              i

Really, no chance. I can beat that some of those round one teams will be there at the round of 16. Many teams change year to year.

Comment

Since everybody played a different number of games they should take the number points earned and divide by the number of ganes played and then rank them in the standings. It would be the fairest way at this point.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X