Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sorry, but I have seen enough talk on this site about ECNObviously that there are people on here that would luke you to believe that this is the only chance your daughter has to play college socce. I do take this post to try to show that point. Obviously the numbers show that only 1 in 8 college players come from teams in ECNL.
    What you fail to realize is that there are OVER 200 teams in each age group in Florida alone and ONLY 2 ECNL teams in Florida. Going by statistics alone should only be 1 player per 100 if it was evenly spread out. But its not…ECNL gets more then its statistical share by an order of magnitude.

Comment

Most impressive stat is that 80% of ECNL players go D1. With the level of scholarships available at the D1 level ECNL is the best platform for exposure and scholarships.
      Continue to answer your own posts. It is sort of amusing. Sorry to burst your bubble but stats are whatever you make of them. And your stats are coming from the ECNL. Imagine providing your own stats, what a great idea. They are and will continue to be, their own best promoter.

Comment

Continue to answer your own posts. It is sort of amusing. Sorry to burst your bubble but stats are whatever you make of them. And your stats are coming from the ECNL. Imagine providing your own stats, what a great idea. They are and will continue to be, their own best promoter.
        What part of 2 ECNL clubs in Florida are you disputing as not factual? Or is it the 200 total clubs that you disagree with?

Comment

What part of 2 ECNL clubs in Florida are you disputing as not factual? Or is it the 200 total clubs that you disagree with?
          Don't respond to that tool. She (has to be) refuses to acknowledge this league and players for what it is......and that's much better than where her daughter is. There is nothing to be said that will change the fantasy that exists in her mind.

Comment

So where have the u18 kids on the Florida ECNL teams committed?

Comment

So where have the u18 kids on the Florida ECNL teams committed?
              A: At the college of their choice.

Comment

No DA coming for girls. Last ECNL meeting in Richmond stopped those rumors with the same reason another poster mentioned. ECNL already fills those needs. No expansion coming any time soon as well.

Agree the article is only saying the success of ECNL players and not that it is the only way to playing in college. Sunrise, JFC, TBU, and FKK did very well last year with there numbers.

Comment

Signing day just happened. I am sure the clubs posted something. WFF had most of last years team go on to college, but that was a 3 time state cup winning team.

Comment

Looking at Orlando -- 27 girls going on to play college per their website. Of those 1 to USC, 1 to Miss State and 1 to Dartmouth. Rest local and/or small.

WFF 16 girls listed -- 1 to Auburn, 1 to UofMich, 1 to Navy, 1 to UofChicago, 1 to Vanderbilt and 1 to Towson. Rest local and/or small.

Comment

Signing day just happened. I am sure the clubs posted something. WFF had most of last years team go on to college, but that was a 3 time state cup winning team.
                      Not "most", but every player from last years ECNL team is playing in college, and half of their NPL team also. Two younger players that played up on that team are headed to Auburn and Vanderbilt this year. That team was successful because the team stuck together and did not have players club hopping during their years together. Not every player could be in the starting 11 and they knew this but every player also played a lot of minutes as ECNL is a very demanding and competitive league. Good players and good coaching add up to a successful team.

The same can be said for AB's U17 team at TBU this year. They have been together for years and have been very successful playing competition in the USYS leagues. It is unfortunate that their team could not have played a few years of ECNL competition so they would be challenged even more game in, and game out. This would only make those players even better than they are today!

Soccer gossip!!! Rumors are is that AB may be heading to coach in the ECNL after this season if his interview with WFF was successful. I know he thinks a lot of himself and being just another ECNL coach at WFF may be asking too much of that ego. Of course he probably applied for the ECNL Director job at WFF which would suit him even better. Same rumor for JC who also applied to coach ECNL at WFF but I have already heard he did not pass the background check. I guess all of those rumors about him must be true.

Comment

Not "most", but every player from last years ECNL team is playing in college, and half of their NPL team also. Two younger players that played up on that team are headed to Auburn and Vanderbilt this year. That team was successful because the team stuck together and did not have players club hopping during their years together. Not every player could be in the starting 11 and they knew this but every player also played a lot of minutes as ECNL is a very demanding and competitive league. Good players and good coaching add up to a successful team.

The same can be said for AB's U17 team at TBU this year. They have been together for years and have been very successful playing competition in the USYS leagues. It is unfortunate that their team could not have played a few years of ECNL competition so they would be challenged even more game in, and game out. This would only make those players even better than they are today!

Soccer gossip!!! Rumors are is that AB may be heading to coach in the ECNL after this season if his interview with WFF was successful. I know he thinks a lot of himself and being just another ECNL coach at WFF may be asking too much of that ego. Of course he probably applied for the ECNL Director job at WFF which would suit him even better. Same rumor for JC who also applied to coach ECNL at WFF but I have already heard he did not pass the background check. I guess all of those rumors about him must be true.
                        Most of AB's team has not been together for years. Most are new in the last two-years. If you go back three years almost the whole team is new.

Comment

Most of AB's team has not been together for years. Most are new in the last two-years. If you go back three years almost the whole team is new.
                          It gets hard to keep teams together, especially with the "Super Clubs". As the small clubs lose players more and more try out for the big clubs and some are good enough to make it.

Even the WFF team from last year added. The strong player from Lakeland that is now at UNC and U20 USWNT try outs. The Auburn commit was always Brandon and played mostly with the year older team that went 0-4 in SC before joining in on the last SC win for the team that was mostly full of East Lake/Palm Harbor/WFP players. It is the core you need to try an keep together. That team did keep more than its core, but added just the right amout to no mess it up.

Pretty hard to keep the a roster together from top to bottom.

Comment

So if US soccer comes in and takes over the girls side of things like they did with the Development Academy on the boys side, will ECNL go the way of ODP?

There is talk US Soccer will start a Development Academy for girls and I think that would hamper ECNL tremendously unless US Soccer and ECNL had a agreement of sorts.

Interesting times.
                            US SOCCER is affiliated with ECNL. In fact, ID2 is now sending more girls to national teams than ODP. The question is not whether US Youth Soccer creates a better national platform for elite talent. It is about which system do clubs prefer. US Youth Soccer uses the old centralized state run model. Clubs answer to the state office which has oversight of all aspects of the game. US Club was started as a way to give clubs more autonomy in how they are run and how the leagues are structured. The US Club model allows for more decisions to be made at the local level. Most of the leagues and ID programs are run by clubs. That is the real question moving forward. What makes more sense for your club?

Comment

ID2 only identifies ECNL players. US soccer will do what it will do but don't see how they hope to continue to field dominant teams if they limit player selection to only those athletes from such privileged backgrounds.

Comment

The problem is a lack of money on the women's side. MSL has no incentive to fund women's DA teams. Ellis and Gulati have said they would like a DA for the women's side.

My guess is that the first step will be a residency program in KC. But, a poor showing this summer by the national team could bring some quick changes. I do not think there is any doubt that there is a desire to get more control over coaching and training. But, I also think that the focus may be more on trying to upgrade training for college players particularly in the off season. There could be an opportunity there with kids now being able to take more on-line course so that they could do a residency program and stay on target with ncaa graduation requirements. I do not see the ncaa doing anything in terms of making the season longer although they might be willing to change it from fall to spring

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X