X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    OK, fine. Agreed.
    Bunch of jack wagons you are and obviously from Region A and/or D and/or stuck under the ass of an employee of FYSA. None of what you said makes sense. Region A & D teams get a bye and that is fine. No its not.

Comment

Bunch of jack wagons you are and obviously from Region A and/or D and/or stuck under the ass of an employee of FYSA. None of what you said makes sense. Region A & D teams get a bye and that is fine. No its not.
      I understand, your reading comprehension skills are lacking.

What difference does it make if a team "gets a bye" to Round 2, who the F*&K CARES? It is no great honor to make Round 2. If your team cannot progress past Round 1 IT IS NOT A CONTENDER FOR THE FINAL 8 IN STATE CUP-that is where you actually get something for reaching that point (seeding points for next year's SC).

Take your glorified rec team thru Round 1 (if you can) and then show what you have to offer in Round 2.

IF YOU CANNOT GET OUT OF ROUND 1 (where you played games more proximal to your home club) YOU ACTUALLY GAIN BY NOT HAVING TO TRAVEL TO GET YOUR ARSE KICKED IN ROUND 2.

Comment

If your team cannot progress past Round 1 IT IS NOT A CONTENDER FOR THE FINAL 8 IN STATE CUP-that is where you actually get something for reaching that point (seeding points for next year's SC).
        OK, not really trying to get involved in this p'ing match but I have a question about this statement. I agree that final 8 gets you points for next year's State Cup but is there not value to getting in top 16?

As I understand it, that is how teams qualify for FSPL. Is that correct?

(Here's hoping everyone avoids slamming FSPL and FYSA, and just answers the question. hey, I can hope, right?)

Comment

OK, not really trying to get involved in this p'ing match but I have a question about this statement. I agree that final 8 gets you points for next year's State Cup but is there not value to getting in top 16?

(Here's hoping everyone avoids slamming FSPL and FYSA, and just answers the question. hey, I can hope, right?)
          Yes, there is value in getting to the round of 16. Per FSPL 2014-2015 Rules, Guidelines and Procedures, section 200. (GENERAL RULES), item 201. ELIGIBILITY: 201.1 - Teams from registered FYSA member clubs in good standing and from the age groups of U-14 to U-18 that are currently registered and in good standing with FYSA and from the Round of 16 from the prior year’s state championships are automatically eligible to participate in the Florida State Premier League (FSPL). This automatic eligibility earned through State Cup is retained by the club team - Round of 16 qualifications will not follow a team or group of players who transfer to another club. Additional teams and/or divisions may be added under the discretion of the FSPL Commission.

Comment

Fair enough, getting to the Round of 16 does make a team eligible for FSPL the next year.

But, it doesn't substantially change my point. If an unseeded team from Region A or D gets a "bye" into Round 2 it is not a big deal and not a huge advantage. Just like teams that played thru Round 1, they will be placed in a Round 2 Group with 2 seeded teams. It is not like Round 2 games are played immediately after Round 1 where a team that battled thru Round 1 would be tired and at a disadvantage to an unseeded team that got a "bye" in Round 1.

Take home message: Your team has to perform in Round 2 to gain anything from SC, whether you get a "bye" or play your way thru Round 1.

Comment

Fair enough, getting to the Round of 16 does make a team eligible for FSPL the next year.

But, it doesn't substantially change my point. If an unseeded team from Region A or D gets a "bye" into Round 2 it is not a big deal and not a huge advantage. Just like teams that played thru Round 1, they will be placed in a Round 2 Group with 2 seeded teams. It is not like Round 2 games are played immediately after Round 1 where a team that battled thru Round 1 would be tired and at a disadvantage to an unseeded team that got a "bye" in Round 1.

Take home message: Your team has to perform in Round 2 to gain anything from SC, whether you get a "bye" or play your way thru Round 1.
              Cliff's Note Version: Quit your bitching and play thru Round 1.

Comment

Cliff's Note Version: Quit your bitching and play thru Round 1.
                Excellent response, however, those having to play all the way through to the Elite 8 or Final 4 will have accumulated a much higher total cost per family. On this, I agree. I realize they are trying to make the first round more localized to help with costs, but bottom line is if you are not ranked high enough to go directly to the 2nd round, you should have the same chance as every other team in your position. This system is skewed. I say we reach out to the BCS or NCAA Bowl coalition for help!!!

Comment

In fairness to the FYSA, when the mandate came down for 1 game per day it necessitated switching to a Regional Round 1. Would you be happier if no one went directly to Round 2, but you had to travel with overnight stays for two or four weekends?

but bottom line is if you are not ranked high enough to go directly to the 2nd round, you should have the same chance as every other team in your position. This system is skewed. I say we reach out to the BCS or NCAA Bowl coalition for help!!!
                  Same chance to what? Get to Round 2? Round 2 is NOT a big f'n deal. If that is all you aspire to why enter SC in the first place. Same chance to get to the Round of 16? EVERYONE has the same chance. If you are Round of 16 caliber your serious competition should come in Round 2 NOT Round 1. Round 1 should be a cake walk that gets your bench some more competitive experience when you are up by 3 goals.

You will not incur significant extra cost playing Round 1 as playing 1 game a day in a regional format should mean just driving expenses for Round 1, not lodging.

Tell you what, name your team and argue how your team got screwed by the draw. You sound insecure in the competitiveness of your team but you want to be able to BRAG that they were a Round 2 SC team this year. If you don't want to name the team, name the age/sex/& region and let's revisit this argument after Round 2 to see if there is an argument that someone got screwed. I am betting there won't be an argument.

Comment

I used US because I fork over the $'s. I used US as you use US/WE when it come to talking about your favorite team. I'm not stealing any limelight. My kid plays the game, I enjoy watching.
                    I call Bull$h1t. You were including yourself in your kids accomplishments and got called out.

Comment

At the end of all this, who really cares? Simply play to win! Where I see the problem is that FYSA gives many teams seeding points for participating in a league. That means too many teams are seeded that may not even offer a competitve team in the second round. FYSA should only provide seeding points for ranking (winner and possible runner up) of state and national league (not regional leagues) and same for prior year State Cup. You have teams that have 0-2 wins in FSPL seeded and straight to round 2. I have no fight in this because my daughter is on an ECNL team and they are not participating. Trust me, my daughter would love to have the "problem" of playing in a round 1 elimination at this year's State Cup.

Best of luck to all.

Comment

How determined who moves on to Round 2

can someone explain the verbiage used on the site that indicates which top teams advance. some groups say top 2 advance while others say top 1 + 1 wildcard or top 2 + 2 wildcards. does top 1 + 1 wildcard mean from within each group listed in that region or only the top team out of the entire group plus 1 wildcard?

thanks

Comment

In fairness to the FYSA, when the mandate came down for 1 game per day it necessitated switching to a Regional Round 1. Would you be happier if no one went directly to Round 2, but you had to travel with overnight stays for two or four weekends?

Same chance to what? Get to Round 2? Round 2 is NOT a big f'n deal. If that is all you aspire to why enter SC in the first place. Same chance to get to the Round of 16? EVERYONE has the same chance. If you are Round of 16 caliber your serious competition should come in Round 2 NOT Round 1. Round 1 should be a cake walk that gets your bench some more competitive experience when you are up by 3 goals.

You will not incur significant extra cost playing Round 1 as playing 1 game a day in a regional format should mean just driving expenses for Round 1, not lodging.

Tell you what, name your team and argue how your team got screwed by the draw. You sound insecure in the competitiveness of your team but you want to be able to BRAG that they were a Round 2 SC team this year. If you don't want to name the team, name the age/sex/& region and let's revisit this argument after Round 2 to see if there is an argument that someone got screwed. I am betting there won't be an argument.
                          You're incorrect! Some regions have a larger % of teams moving forward from the 1st Round. Therefore, a better chance to move forward. From Round 2 on, every team has the same chance. I am not worried about getting into the 2nd Round as we were fortunate to go straight to it based on seeding.

Comment

You're incorrect! Some regions have a larger % of teams moving forward from the 1st Round. Therefore, a better chance to move forward.
                            I suppose they have a better chance to move forward to Round 2, but so WHAT??? Getting to Round 2 is NOT an achievement. Once in Round 2 everyone has the same chance of getting to the Round of 16 and RSPL elegiblity for next year. Yes, if you do simple math (and I DO MEAN SIMPLE) there may be a larger PERCENTAGE of teams from 1 region going to Round 2. I maintain my position that EVEN IF you are in the lower % chance region in Round 1 and don't make it to Round 2 IT IS A BLESSING that you got knocked out while only traveling a short distance. If that extra slot you covet is the difference between your team making Round 2 or not, your team will NOT make it out of Round 2 and into the Round of 16. Save your hotel and travel money for a nice summer vacation.

From Round 2 on, every team has the same chance. I am not worried about getting into the 2nd Round as we were fortunate to go straight to it based on seeding.
                            So you contradict yourself because this is the point I made earlier. If your team is a "ROUND OF 16 CALIBER TEAM" they will have no problem getting thru Round 1 and then have an equal chance to progress (on the merit of their performance) in Round 2-just as you stated. Therefore, NO ONE IS AT A DISAVANTAGE BY THE ROUND 1 SEEDING!!

Unless you think a Round of 16 caliber team might get knocked out in the first round, then I am NOT incorrect. A quality team (one worthy of Round of 16 competition) will NOT have any problem getting out of Round 1. Your assertion that I am incorrect would weigh all teams in Round 1 as comparable and thus it is mearly chance whether they will progress to Round 2, like some kind of "pick a straw" scenario. I assert that is not the case. Round 1 is to find those teams that are contenders and weed out those teams that are pretenders. Trust me, there will be few teams going thru Round 1 that make it to the final 4, especially in the older age groups. The ONLY way it could be unfair is if two Round of 16 caliber teams were unseeded AND placed in the same Round 1 group from which only 1 advances. I challenge you to find such a pairing.

Comment

Let the games begin....

http://events.gotsport.com/events/de...?EventID=42631

Comment

U14 hot spurs get a free pass to rd 2. A joke. They should get grouped in another region and fight into the second rd. makes no sense.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X