X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weston U15 Academy gets Free Pass into State Cup

I don't get it.

(http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/t...y=yes&compact=)

Weston U15 Academy team gets free pass into State Cup seeds.

How is it possible to have a team entered into State Cup with no history anywhere as a team throughout the year, only assembled for State Cup?

They were not in the Applied Teams list. They were not in the Accepted Teams list. When did they apply? What team is this? A selection of Academy kids that decide to slum for State Cup? They play no leagues, no tournaments, no FYSA events, but they drop into State Cup with a high seed because they played last year at State Cup.

Gee, I wish we could assemble a team of the best at year end and ignore the rules of limited roster moves and previously rostered players, just make one year end roster with kids that have been entirely out of the system.

Am I wrong? I know nothing about the Weston structure, but I do know that we all had to apply on time and follow a bunch of rules.

What's up?

just play the game and stop whining .. enough!!! seeding will not take you anywhere, play the game and win to move forward

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      just play the game and stop whining .. enough!!! seeding will not take you anywhere, play the game and win to move forward
      as you know, seeding gives you a pass into round two without having to play a game in round one. and if you are lucky enough, you can also be unseeded and get a bye into round two if your residence is located in either region A or B. this depends on the number of teams in your region, but it is a smelly situation. at U17G 4 unseeded teams get a bye.. because three hail from RegA, and the other RegD. Why don't the three teams from Reg A play each other? I know FYSA often breaks other brackets down by three team brackets. This one stinks. 4 unseeded teams getting a bye into Round two. Not to mention all the seeded teams that gets points for participating in a FYSA league. You can win no games all year and still be seeded as a "better" team. To all those that say this is whining, it is someone that is trying to call attention to the corrupt system you all want to play when it is going "your way". Nothing good about what FYSA does and you all bitch all year about it, and then when SC comes your way... its all good...

Comment

Missing the point

Can't you read? The post is not about seeding. It's about the basic rules that we all follow. The Westin Academy did not Apply and was not Accepted, according to the published lists.

Their much weaker team, Weston Premier Black, applied, was accepted and wrongly was listed as seeded because of the Weston Academy prior year points.

Now there is suddenly no Weston Premier Black listed at all. They have been replaced by Weston Academy, apparently an Academy team that is assembled just for State Cup.

So, did they make a mistake at FYSA? Which team is entered? Black or Academy?

If it's an Academy team, then that's BS because they don't have to live by the same roster rules as the rest of us. Can Academy teams really just show up, without making a timely application, and enter the FYSA a State Cup?

Comment

Can't you read? The post is not about seeding. It's about the basic rules that we all follow. The Westin Academy did not Apply and was not Accepted, according to the published lists.

Their much weaker team, Weston Premier Black, applied, was accepted and wrongly was listed as seeded because of the Weston Academy prior year points.

Now there is suddenly no Weston Premier Black listed at all. They have been replaced by Weston Academy, apparently an Academy team that is assembled just for State Cup.

So, did they make a mistake at FYSA? Which team is entered? Black or Academy?

If it's an Academy team, then that's BS because they don't have to live by the same roster rules as the rest of us. Can Academy teams really just show up, without making a timely application, and enter the FYSA a State Cup?
          Again, stop your crying. You must be running out of Kleenex.

Comment

I don't get it.

(http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/t...y=yes&compact=)

Weston U15 Academy team gets free pass into State Cup seeds.

How is it possible to have a team entered into State Cup with no history anywhere as a team throughout the year, only assembled for State Cup?

They were not in the Applied Teams list. They were not in the Accepted Teams list. When did they apply? What team is this? A selection of Academy kids that decide to slum for State Cup? They play no leagues, no tournaments, no FYSA events, but they drop into State Cup with a high seed because they played last year at State Cup.

Gee, I wish we could assemble a team of the best at year end and ignore the rules of limited roster moves and previously rostered players, just make one year end roster with kids that have been entirely out of the system.

Am I wrong? I know nothing about the Weston structure, but I do know that we all had to apply on time and follow a bunch of rules.

What's up?
            Weston , Weston Politics and more Politics

Comment

Weston , Weston Politics and more Politics
              There is no Weston Academy team playing state cup. Only play other academies. They are not even done playing regular games until the first week of June.

Comment

Fixed - sort of

There is no Weston Academy team playing state cup. Only play other academies. They are not even done playing regular games until the first week of June.
                Looks like they fixed it. Sort of. They gave the Wedton Black team last years seeding points from Weston PreAcademy, as if Black was a finalist at State Cup. They were not.

Comment

Looks like they fixed it. Sort of. They gave the Wedton Black team last years seeding points from Weston PreAcademy, as if Black was a finalist at State Cup. They were not.
                  yeah that's bogus. they might as well have given the points to some random team who weren't in the final either.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X