Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    He didn't start the thread nor did he post anything that was attributed to him. It is all a myth to draw attention away from a couple of threads (Womens verbal college commitments, GPS- Bayern Munich Partnership etc) that Stars fanatics (ie coaches) also started but don't like the direction they are turning in. Whenever that happens we get threads like this with the same old tired claim. Here is the sniff test. Was there anything derogatory written in this thread before the btdt bashing started? That tells you that it was a set up to do just that.
    That was fast. Did you have all this saved in your computer?

Comment

My daughter was just recruited by an area club. I have both a bachelor's and a master's degree in sales and marketing, so I wasn't born yesterday, if you know what I mean.

Come to find out that my daughter has been rostered on the B team even though when they recruited her, they told us they wanted her for the A team. Based on attending the first few training sessions, I'd say her coach thinks he should be coaching the A team, as he's always remarking about having this or that high level coaching diploma or license. That is, when he's not busy texting on his phone.

Am I wrong to be thinking we made a bad choice here, or should I just shut up and pay the club fees?
      If you are going to make up fictional posts using make believe coaches and daughters, you need to leave out phrases like, "if you know what I mean..." and "masters degree in sales and marketing". You're trying too hard.

Comment

If you are going to make up fictional posts using make believe coaches and daughters, you need to leave out phrases like, "if you know what I mean..." and "masters degree in sales and marketing". You're trying too hard.
        Dying to know who this poster thinks "YOU" is and what the supposed purpose of the thread was.

Comment

Dying to know who this poster thinks "YOU" is and what the supposed purpose of the thread was.
          Someone trying to drive web traffic. More traffic, more $$$. (someone owes me a nickel)

Comment

My daughter was just recruited by an area club. I have both a bachelor's and a master's degree in sales and marketing, so I wasn't born yesterday, if you know what I mean.

Come to find out that my daughter has been rostered on the B team even though when they recruited her, they told us they wanted her for the A team. Based on attending the first few training sessions, I'd say her coach thinks he should be coaching the A team, as he's always remarking about having this or that high level coaching diploma or license. That is, when he's not busy texting on his phone.

Am I wrong to be thinking we made a bad choice here, or should I just shut up and pay the club fees?
            Where did you receive your Masters? I'd like to know so I don't send my kids there.

Comment

I went to Dartmouth University

Comment

Nice try. Can't major in sales/marketing there buddy.

Comment

Since you obviously didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday, could you fill in a few more blanks explaining how you got to the point you are at. When you say recruited, what exactly were you promised and by whom? I will tell you that we found ourselves in a similar situation at one time but we were never actually "recruited" by the coach, we got sold on the team by a couple of over exuberant parents who didn't really express the coach's views properly at all. My mistake was thinking that they did and for not grilling the coach directly over what he was looking for and what his expectations were for my daughter. That mistake led to the worst year of club soccer my family has had in club soccer. I would redirect you to also think through these questions below.

Definitely sounds like you have experienced some bait and switch but what you should do about it is pretty much up to you. First and most important question, knowing that for girls that this is a very complex issue, is your daughter happy with her placement? Does she like the other girls? Even though the coach might come off as a bit of a dink, does she feel that she is learning and improving as a player? Recognizing that trust appears to have been violated, what is the rationale you have been given behind putting her on the "B" team? Sometimes after all the tryouts when kids start practicing it becomes apparent that other kids just aren't up to speed enough to displace players. Are you getting any feedback that explains the situation and how long do they project her to be there? Lastly where are you going to go where you assume it would be better?

Comment

Ha – so you have a Masters in Sales from Dartmouth and you were out sold….. Ha – you didn’t pay attention to rule one in sales class at Tuck…. Sucker born every minute…

Comment

It is Dartmouth college if you went as undergrad. Harvard also is college as undergrad.

Comment

UMass Dartmouth is a university.......A rose by any other name is still a rose.

Comment

So you are telling us you left your current club mid-season to go to a b-team that you told was the a team. Did yo check the teams website and see that the coach that recruited your daughter was not the a team coach?

Your story seems a bit odd!

Comment

If you have not payed the club feed yet you should stick with the team you committed with first. If the other team really wants your daughter you will get a call at the end of the season for her to go to tryouts and then you will know we're you stand in that club.

Comment

Never shut up and pay the fees. That's always a big mistake.

If the coach won't talk to you candidly, find another club. Don't suffer in silence.

Never, ever assume a club coach has the best interest of your child at heart.

Your daughter will make friends on a new team as readily as on the current one. Besides, in the end, the friends that count will be the ones she makes on her school teams, not her club teams.

Comment

Which team is this ? and where are the team based?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X