•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soccer parents are pansies.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Any club hosting should have cancelled. Those that haven't are selfish and clueless!

Maple has extended the season for make up games so there's no reason to put kids thru misery.
      I am confused-40 degrees, windy, completely dry fields-why should the host club have cancelled? Refs let the kids wear sweatpants, coats under jackets, hats and mittens. Yeah the kids are 10-this is New England where kids-omg-play outside in the winter-(and I'm not talking soccer here-I mean we let our kids out to play when it's cold-even snowing) even when it snows we let out kids outside to play. They would have had recess if it was a school day. You live in the wrong part of the country if you can't handle a game on a windy 40 degree day.

Comment

So here in CMass wind but no rain. Should Maple cancel each and every game?
        Bone-chilling wind in Western MA. Ball flying every which way. Miserable.

Comment

All my kids ski race in upper Vermont. That said, I would like to add that having a 10 year old play today was just plain stupid.

The kids were miserable. At some point, I think it is important to make sure the kids are having fun or at least a reasonable chance of having fun.

Comment

All my kids ski race in upper Vermont. That said, I would like to add that having a 10 year old play today was just plain stupid.

The kids were miserable. At some point, I think it is important to make sure the kids are having fun or at least a reasonable chance of having fun.
            Why is it important for you to make certain all kids are having fun? Who are you to judge what is fun? Are you so omnipresent that you know what the weather is in every part of the region and can form an opinion that fits for everyone? When I was young I thought playing in the weather was cool and made us all tough for doing it. I still remember playing in the snow, it is one of the few youth games I remember.

Comment

Why is it important for you to make certain all kids are having fun? Who are you to judge what is fun? Are you so omnipresent that you know what the weather is in every part of the region and can form an opinion that fits for everyone? When I was young I thought playing in the weather was cool and made us all tough for doing it. I still remember playing in the snow, it is one of the few youth games I remember.
              Hopefully the kids that are playing on Sunday have fun playing soccer. In today's game on Rt 95, not a single child came off that field happy. The goal for 9 and 10 year old should be to try to keep their love of the game alive. One way to kill that is having them play in miserable weather.

BTW -- did you hear about the barometric pressure of the storm? At one point, it was very close to hurricane level. Unfortunately, Noreaster's are not tracked like hurricanes so they do not have the same visibility. If a tropical depression hit MA in September we would have cancelled all games

Comment

Hopefully the kids that are playing on Sunday have fun playing soccer. In today's game on Rt 95, not a single child came off that field happy. The goal for 9 and 10 year old should be to try to keep their love of the game alive. One way to kill that is having them play in miserable weather.

BTW -- did you hear about the barometric pressure of the storm? At one point, it was very close to hurricane level. Unfortunately, Noreaster's are not tracked like hurricanes so they do not have the same visibility. If a tropical depression hit MA in September we would have cancelled all games
                And again it was DRY in central and western mass. Cold yes, dry yes, windy yes. Did my 3 kids have fun despite being cold-yes. Did they play in sweatpants, jackets, hats and mittens-yes. While some games may have been unplayable, some were indeed playable.

Comment

And again it was DRY in central and western mass. Cold yes, dry yes, windy yes. Did my 3 kids have fun despite being cold-yes. Did they play in sweatpants, jackets, hats and mittens-yes. While some games may have been unplayable, some were indeed playable.
                  Our ref did not allow hats today in Western MA. Wind was drilling in their ears. 11 yr olds.

Oh but the refs wore hats.

Comment

central ma was fine. a bit windy and cold but sunny. The drive sucked. Bizarre ref did not let kids wear hats on field though the refs all had them. Ever heard one like that?

Comment

Sounds like child abuse to me.

central ma was fine. a bit windy and cold but sunny. The drive sucked. Bizarre ref did not let kids wear hats on field though the refs all had them. Ever heard one like that?

Comment

Our ref did not allow hats today in Western MA. Wind was drilling in their ears. 11 yr olds.

Oh but the refs wore hats.
                        Fifa approved in March of this year that players are allowed to wear protective head covering as long as it is black or of a color matching the players jersey. It must not be attached to the jersey and of a professional appearance. Obviously these children were wearing amateur chapeaus and the referees were following the letter of the law.....

Comment

Agree with the others. Suggest you have your child stop playing an outdoor sport and have them pick up a musical instrument instead.

Comment

A little common sense goes a long with with these things. I think the actual weather and field conditions and age of the kids should be factored in. The weather was clearly different depending on where you were. If you were on the coast, or in SE MA or near/on the cape, it was brutal. Heavy snow all morning after a day of rain likely made some fields unplayable or unsafe. Add to that 40-50 mph wind gusts and young kids...reschedule the game and play next weekend or the weekend after. If you are talking about a little rain and/or cold conditions, suck it up and play and give them a little leeway to stay warm. Sounds like the inconsistency is the real issue and how things were handled. The team my son was playing called it Saturday night and by Sunday afternoon we already had it rescheduled for next weekend to make it up. Based upon what I saw Sunday morning where I lived, the right decision was made.

Comment

When you play in a town program like MAPLE you need to get the games played when you can. It is not financially viable for some of the MAPLE clubs to extend the season by rescheduling games. That adds additional costs for fields and training which cannot be afforded by our clubs. So maybe the kids caught a little frostbite here and there but at least we got the games in.

Comment

When you play in a town program like MAPLE you need to get the games played when you can. It is not financially viable for some of the MAPLE clubs to extend the season by rescheduling games. That adds additional costs for fields and training which cannot be afforded by our clubs. So maybe the kids caught a little frostbite here and there but at least we got the games in.
                                So maybe you are a NEP moron and think since you paid a lot of money it must be better? NEP relies on soccer dolts like you to stay financially viable.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X