Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I turn my 9 year old into a D1 player?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think i will start a similar fake thread about a five year old next..or perhaps my unborn son

Comment

Put him in a wicker basket and ship via Lufthansa to Munchen.

Comment

weight lifting and growth hormone.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          ODP is the easiest way. Too much politics/favorites if you go through club team. If not a favorite of club coach or DOC he wont send kid through where in ODP politics doesn't play a factor and the best players get recommended.
          Really?

Comment

i think i will start a similar fake thread about a five year old next..or perhaps my unborn son
            Maybe even a thread on finding egg and sperm donors to make the next Messi.

Comment

My child is big, strong, fast and talented in comparison to the other kids I've seen. What's the best way to maintain the edge and build upon the foundation already established? Is it private training that will push the needle? Is 9 too young for weight training? I understand the chances are slim but I'm confident we're the exception to the rule.

You are a fool who decided to start this thread to see if anyone is willing to take you seriously. I assume that this being TS you will have plenty of input....including this one.

Comment

OP needs to provide more info. In 3-4 pages, we'll uncover his true agenda; guaranteed it's an attack on Breakers, Stars or MPS. It's just taking him a while to get us all on the hook.

Comment

OP needs to provide more info. In 3-4 pages, we'll uncover his true agenda; guaranteed it's an attack on Breakers, Stars or MPS. It's just taking him a while to get us all on the hook.
                  Nah, he doesn't see this one going anywhere, so we'll just get a new thread tomorrow.

Comment

Nah, he doesn't see this one going anywhere, so we'll just get a new thread tomorrow.
                    That's too bad. I really wanted to see how he maneuvers the conversation around to his real agenda. Did he just not set this one up well enough, or is the topic not as enticing as he expected?

Comment

lol. Perspective responding to Perspective responding to Perspective.

Comment

My child is big, strong, fast and talented in comparison to the other kids I've seen. What's the best way to maintain the edge and build upon the foundation already established? Is it private training that will push the needle? Is 9 too young for weight training? I understand the chances are slim but I'm confident we're the exception to the rule.
                        Make sure their coach has a British accent. That's wicked important.

Comment

That's too bad. I really wanted to see how he maneuvers the conversation around to his real agenda. Did he just not set this one up well enough, or is the topic not as enticing as he expected?
                          It was too obvious - an absurd approach to it and obviously a joke (weight lifting?). Some of his other maneuvers have been more subtle.

Comment

9 is too young for lifting. Put your kid into a good program and then pray that he's not simply an early bloomer who fades away when everyone else catches up.
                            Thanks, I thought 9 might be young but we have a friend who's 10 year old already has a trainer at the gym. Why would 9 be too young but 10 isn't? What are the long term implications of strength training at a young age?

Comment

NO NO NO NO for weight training....... At 9 years old - let him play at a level where he struggles and is challenged. Then relax and enjoy the ride. There is 50% chance he won't play by age 15 and a 99.3% chance he won't play D1.
                              Thanks for the reply. When you say struggle and challenge in what way do you mean? Should we try to find an older team? We don't mind driving a fair distance, up to an hour if necessary.

Comment

If this post isn't a joke, and I hope that it is.......

Strong, fast, talented at 9 means a high chance he'll peak/plateau and the others will catch up. Happens all the time.

He's strong, fast, talented from what you've seen. What have you seen? Have you seen any of the U10 top club teams/players?

He's 9. If he really loves it, he'll play. He'll play after school, he'll play in all his free time. Let him "play". Find a club team if he really wants.

If he's still interested and still "the man" at U13, then "maybe" you have a potential player on your hands.
                                I've only been to a few tournaments and we've only been involved with town travel soccer to this point. My husband and I have had several coaches approach us from club teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X