D1 South Girls

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This isnt an issue bout any one kid so don't make it personal. A kid likely has no say in school choice decisions anyways- its the parents. I cant root against a kid, just not in my DNA. But anybody who says they sent their kid to WH for academic reasons is either a rockhead, a liar or both. That is a low achieving public school with a well known drug problem and horrible teachers. Real students do everything in their power to get out of that mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      This isnt an issue bout any one kid so don't make it personal. A kid likely has no say in school choice decisions anyways- its the parents. I cant root against a kid, just not in my DNA. But anybody who says they sent their kid to WH for academic reasons is either a rockhead, a liar or both. That is a low achieving public school with a well known drug problem and horrible teachers. Real students do everything in their power to get out of that mess.
      Who cares what you think? Maybe the kid liked the mascot? Absolutely none of your business. Kid did learn something valuable this year. If you are good, there will always be some schmuck who will try to knock you down. Doesn't matter if you are 14, 44 or 84.

Comment

Who cares what you think? Maybe the kid liked the mascot? Absolutely none of your business. Kid did learn something valuable this year. If you are good, there will always be some schmuck who will try to knock you down. Doesn't matter if you are 14, 44 or 84.
        Sorry you cant afford to get your kid out of WH. Maybe if you had gone to some better schools yourself, you would be in a better position in life. Keep banging away at the Keno though...you might get lucky. And enjoy your free government turkey tomorrow!

Comment

Sorry you cant afford to get your kid out of WH. Maybe if you had gone to some better schools yourself, you would be in a better position in life. Keep banging away at the Keno though...you might get lucky. And enjoy your free government turkey tomorrow!
          Sorry that your loss to WH still stings that much! Your money can't buy victories or class for that matter.

Maybe you can spend some of your vast resources to get your daughter a personal trainer so she can improve. She must have a lot to over come given that she is genetically deficient.

P.S. Keno takes too much time. I like scratch tickets!

Comment

Sorry that your loss to WH still stings that much! Your money can't buy victories or class for that matter.

Maybe you can spend some of your vast resources to get your daughter a personal trainer so she can improve. She must have a lot to over come given that she is genetically deficient.

P.S. Keno takes too much time. I like scratch tickets!
            My daughter goes to West Springfield on school choice. We have a driver to get her back and forth. Its worth it though. Champs beeotch.

Comment

Absolutely true that the tax money is "lost" to the school where the kid attends. It makes an impact on the school where the kid is leaving. If a town consistently loses kids to neighboring districts, they may have to assess what they are doing and put a plan in place to improve. Not a bad thing.
              That "tax money" is going towards that student whether they stay in town or not.

Comment

My daughter goes to West Springfield on school choice. We have a driver to get her back and forth. Its worth it though. Champs beeotch.
                Troll.

Comment

That "tax money" is going towards that student whether they stay in town or not.
                  Yes but the home school district has to transfer those funds to the choice school. The home school then has to fund its school with fewer dollars allocated per student.

Comment

No the funding is done on a per student basis. The local school district loses that funding when kids opt out and that funding follows the student.

Comment

National "cost per student" average for instructional services(teachers), is $6,800 a student. Then add in the 6 other required expenditures, of instructional staff services, Student support, operation/maintenance, transportation, food service, Administration. This brings the cost up to a little over $11,000 per student, for the school year 2012-2013. I dont know which figure would be used, or if Massachusetts costs are higher or lower, but I would assume higher. When a school looses 5 students and the $55,000, something/someone's getting cut from the budget. That doesn't seem to be a winning formula for improving the under performing schools, these kids are leaving. Maybe we should be giving WH some credit, maybe they are trying to improve the school system, via the school choice option. Would this program continue, if it was audited by the State? Are the options created for the program, being utilized in the way they intended?

Comment

I think you're the one with the drug problem along with some mental health issues as well, go get some help will ya!

Comment

Wow! A high school state championship! That's incredible!

It's more difficult winning 5 games in an ECNL season than it is winning a high school state championship.

Comment

Wow! A high school state championship! That's incredible!

It's more difficult winning 5 games in an ECNL season than it is winning a high school state championship.
                            What are we talking about the Breakers now?

Comment

Too bad for Whitman Hanson

Comment

Too bad for Whitman Hanson
                                What happened?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X