Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Mad Men nailed it in the Fifties-smartest people in the room.

As for community run organizations, they exist due to my donations as well, so remember that next time you're in the bread line...
    Please let us know which club your kid(s) is affiliated with so everyone here can be sure to avoid it. You, sir, are an a**.

Comment

Yes. Yes. Wipe with it! Spend it literally on crap. Or the best fanciest car or clothing or house or team for your kid.

This high level youth sports industry preys on peoples insecurities just like many other luxury brands. They have figured it out and are running successful businesses as is the American way.

There is also a long tradition of community run organizations that serve the masses.
      You got it. Now, get out of my way as you are just costing me $$ if you won't step aside.

Comment

You might have to make sacrifices and possibly eliminate other kid activities, but its affordable to middle class if you find the right club.
        We are playing club already, but I am just curious as to what other clubs charge in case my club folds, etc...

Comment

We are playing club already, but I am just curious as to what other clubs charge in case my club folds, etc...
          Clubs don't typically fold. Even if a club only has a small amount of teams, say 10 or less, and are struggling financially, they have revenue and some other bigger club will be attracted to that and usually come in and buy it out. And many teams will still end up staying together, just with a different uniform.

For costs of various clubs, you can go back a few pages on this thread and there are many posts with club costs. Its not too often you get information like this, so be thankful for that.

Comment

I wish someone would put together a spreadsheet of what each club costs. With columns for price to join, price of uniform, charges this much extra indoor, or futsal or tournaments, etc. How you pay, can be paid in 2 payments, or 3 or monthly or whatever. Its so hard to shop around when no club advertises this. I know some kids will get scholarships of different amounts, but I'd find a spreadsheet of all the clubs base prices very helpful. Cause price is no object does not pertain to all of us.
            Maybe after you filter out all the nonsense in this thread, you can have a workable spreadsheet of some sort. More people are ranting then actually providing what you requested.

Comment

Maybe after you filter out all the nonsense in this thread, you can have a workable spreadsheet of some sort. More people are ranting then actually providing what you requested.
              I'm actually quite surprised it got as far as it did.

Kudos to the loonies all worried about my wallet for holding off as long as you did. Good job.

Comment

Mad Men nailed it in the Fifties-smartest people in the room.

As for community run organizations, they exist due to my donations as well, so remember that next time you're in the bread line...
                Been involved with many and luckily there are not many like you involved. Usually very dedicated effort in time and money from a few, some effort and money by more, and real needs in the community being served.

Comment

WUP $1500, 2 tournaments, 1 in fall, 1 in spring. No winter indoor league play. Poor quality coaching aka daddy coaches. Poor winter facilities. Overpriced for what you get.

Comment

WUP $1500, 2 tournaments, 1 in fall, 1 in spring. No winter indoor league play. Poor quality coaching aka daddy coaches. Poor winter facilities. Overpriced for what you get.
                    what do you get at say big three

Basic Cost:
                    $$$$$ >>> $$$$ >>> $$$
                    3rd team Npl. Ecnl

Training/Competition:
                    Poor. >>> Good. >>> Vgood

Travel expense:
                    $$ >>> $$$$. >>> $$$$$

Parents
                    Great >>> sketchy >>> pompous

About sums it up IMO

Comment

what do you get at say big three

Basic Cost:
                      $$$$$ >>> $$$$ >>> $$$
                      3rd team Npl. Ecnl

Training/Competition:
                      Poor. >>> Good. >>> Vgood

Travel expense:
                      $$ >>> $$$$. >>> $$$$$

Parents
                      Great >>> sketchy >>> pompous

Player ability

About sums it up IMO

Some Good, Some Struggle>>>Some Good, Some Struggle>>>Some Good, Some Struggle

Comment

I've heard GPS is around $3,500 and others say it's not that much. Could anyone confirm what their rough costs are? Thanks

Comment

I've heard GPS is around $3,500 and others say it's not that much. Could anyone confirm what their rough costs are? Thanks
                          sounds right - you would get more putting your money in a fire

Comment

GPS costs

U9-U12 is a little higher than other clubs, $2200 + $300 uniform + $200 tournament fee.
                            U13 and U14 is $3700 + 300 uniform + 400 tournament fee.
                            I have U15 -U 18 numbers written down some where. They are higher than most clubs for these partial high school years.

Comment

U9-U12 is a little higher than other clubs, $2200 + $300 uniform + $200 tournament fee.
                              U13 and U14 is $3700 + 300 uniform + 400 tournament fee.
                              I have U15 -U 18 numbers written down some where. They are higher than most clubs for these partial high school years.
                              This is about right. I have a U12 son and we pay what is listed above.

2 practices a week; Fall, Winter, and Spring. NEP Fall and Spring. Futsal league in Winter. 4-5 tournaments. Preseason day camp in August was also included.

When figuring out costs, it's important to know what you are getting. Some clubs offer Winter training for an extra fee.

Comment

This is about right. I have a U12 son and we pay what is listed above.

2 practices a week; Fall, Winter, and Spring. NEP Fall and Spring. Futsal league in Winter. 4-5 tournaments. Preseason day camp in August was also included.

When figuring out costs, it's important to know what you are getting. Some clubs offer Winter training for an extra fee.
                                So are tournaments included in annual fee or not? Previous poster indicated it was $200 for U12s and $400 for U14s. Also, why the big jump from U12 ($2,200) to U13 ($3,700). Both play 11 v 11 right?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X