•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBU > wff flamers

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I am hearing there actually will be a suit filed.
      I've heard that for the past month? when????

The club should be disbanded for how they handled this and the predator as well.

Comment

How was the turn out?

I don't know the numbers exactly but definitely looked like 65 players or more in each age group 98-99 and 2000. Huge number for the later session tonight as we were leaving, probably higher numbers for that one. I thought it was 2 age groups but someone said it was only one age group. The training was excellent and they definitely have a plan in place that seems much bigger than just ECNL. I did not know what to expect but I can honestly say I walked away very impressed.

Comment

Self dealing is unethical and wrong no matter where it is found. Looks like there are going to have to be some full and frank discussions in the soccer community very soon.

It's one thing to be paid for services rendered in a competitive environment, it's another to enrich oneself on the backs of children.
          On that we can both agree

Comment

I do not understand our members. We get on here and pound our chest about how coaches and TMs cannot be impartial. Daddy coach this and daddy coach that; Directors at TBU get paid too much; the college coaches will favor their players and on and on.

Yet we still stay on the WFF bandwagon saying our club is better. We allow worse behavior from our board and still stand behind the club. Wow do they have us on.

The board members are collecting funds from the members and then allocating these funds without oversight. They pay themselves, not for doing the board job like the coaches we hammer, but for other jobs such as concessions, cleaning services, field maintenance, and referee assigning. I am losing my ability to stand behind the club when our leadership is so unethical.
            It is time for a change.
            I would agree with just one thing. I have heard that there is one board member (GM) getting paid to assign referees but I have no proof of this. To my knowledge, none of the other board members benefit in any way. I feel we need to vote out GM or he needs to give the ref assignment job to one of the coaches. That being said TBU is even worse. TBU is renting the Waters location from DL(owner of Berns) and owner of the Waters facility who also happens to be on the TBU board. Further, TBU Treasurer is benefiting financially off the backs of the kids over there too. The reason my kid won't ever play at TBU is that the coaches over there are unethical and lack integrity. I hope its not true but i have heard of relations with coaches and their players/coaches and parents. That sickens me! Maybe its just a crazy time of year but all the rumors start to fly.

Comment

WFF are done as a club, everyone knows it.
              We are all moving away quietly and do not want to create any ruckus.
              See you at tryouts (at neighboring clubs)

Comment

no more tbu or wff threads

No more. Just stop.

Comment

Agree. The clubs are not merging. These are kids, Let them decide where they want to play. Then please just support your kids and have fun doing it. Thanks

Comment

I would agree with just one thing. I have heard that there is one board member (GM) getting paid to assign referees but I have no proof of this. To my knowledge, none of the other board members benefit in any way. I feel we need to vote out GM or he needs to give the ref assignment job to one of the coaches. That being said TBU is even worse. TBU is renting the Waters location from DL(owner of Berns) and owner of the Waters facility who also happens to be on the TBU board. Further, TBU Treasurer is benefiting financially off the backs of the kids over there too. The reason my kid won't ever play at TBU is that the coaches over there are unethical and lack integrity. I hope its not true but i have heard of relations with coaches and their players/coaches and parents. That sickens me! Maybe its just a crazy time of year but all the rumors start to fly.
                    You can't possibly be this stupid. I have no idea who GM is, but I hope he has a great sense of humor. "he needs to give the ref assignment job to one of the coaches" has to be one of the most ignorant statements I've ever read on this forum. Like you could just "give" one of the single most difficult and thankless jobs in the sport to some random coach. Do you have any idea how hard ref assignors have to work to beg refs to cover every game every week?

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

I've heard that for the past month? when????

The club should be disbanded for how they handled this and the predator as well.

Who is the 'predator'? Serious question. That is a new one.

Comment

Who is the 'predator'? Serious question. That is a new one.
                          Seriously? It's TS. People layout all kinds of baseless accusations with no ramifications. This isn't the NYTimes or BBC News. Consider the source before jumping to conclusions.

Comment

uh, you should know if your board members are paid - its your money and that should be very clear. Just FYI - board members who dedicate thousands of hours at non-profits like Tampa General Hospital do not get paid. If they don't need a pay check to oversee a multi-million dollar entity that serves tens of thousands of people in health crisis every year, why do these people need paychecks to run WFF into the ground?
                            Again, just ask. But really it isn't your business. You are paying for a service that they provide. You are customer, not a shareholder. If it's a nonprofit that you are donating to then you have rights and can access information from their 990s. But in this case you aren't donating to a charitable organizations - you are paying for a service.

Comment

Please stop. You have nothing to do with Wff and clearly enjoy the (sad) attention when people reply to you. We are sorry your life is that boring. The purpose of this blog is to discuss soccer and not create rumors and defame people or clubs. Find another hobby that doesn't involve negativity. Exercise would do you good.

Comment

No more. Just stop.
                                Yes, I agree. The problem is the TBU parents, especially on the girl's side, trying to steal players for their new ECNL teams. They have the Propaganda Minister and the new ECNL Spin Director on this site, constantly trying to sway girls to go to TBU, or as they are now known, Tampa Beggars United.

We all wish they would just stop!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X