Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 3 > Florida

Notices

Florida Discussions about Florida soccer.

Old 03-27-2012

Default Coaches vs. parents

I just wanted to throw this out there to see if I'm crazy or if I'm right. My daughter played in the state cup this weekend. The night before, the coach called for a players only meeting with the coach. There has been drama with the team being raided by the A team at the deadline of roster freeze. They took all of the goal scorers off the team and took them on the A team. In the meeting, the head coach told the girls to not listen to their parents in regards to the team and their prospects at state cup. Am I crazy for being angry that the caoch said to the girls to "NOT LISTEN TO THEIR PARENTs"? I mean you can put that in any context or fill in thE blank with anything and it seems pretty disturbing that a coach would say that. I'm thinking of pulling my kid from the team because of this. It's hard enough to raise a teenager, but to have your kids soccer coach to telll them to not listen to their parents? It seems hard to get over this comment. What do you think?
Old 03-27-2012
Unregistered

The coach is right. Kids should listen to the coach not the parent when it comes to the soccer team
Old 03-27-2012
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The coach is right. Kids should listen to the coach not the parent when it comes to the soccer team
assuming the parents are bitching up a storm because a few kids have been raided from the team and putting doubt in the players minds then the coach has every right to tell the kids to ignore the negative vibe.
Old 03-27-2012
Unregistered

Coach is right. Parents are the ones that create the drama. If you are freaking out over the coach saying this, you are probably part of the problem.
Old 03-27-2012
Unregistered

I have to agree with the others. If some parents are stirring up crap, the coach has every right to tell his players not to listen to the parents when it comes to the soccer team. Helicopter parents are the worst!!!
Old 03-27-2012
Unregistered

Quote:
Coach is right. Parents are the ones that create the drama. If you are freaking out over the coach saying this, you are probably part of the problem.
True, but they shouldn't pull all the top players off the B team to the A team, for state cup. Develop the A team players that are not contributing, after all they are on the A team.
Old 03-27-2012
Unregistered

Wow....I consider you one lucky parent...when ever I ask my kid what the coach said, all I ever get is "I don't remember, just a bunch of stuff".
Old 03-27-2012
Unregistered

Quote:
True, but they shouldn't pull all the top players off the B team to the A team, for state cup. Develop the A team players that are not contributing, after all they are on the A team.
The players play for a club, not a team. Maybe the feeling of providing those players on the "B" team the opportunity to play at a higher level is of greater importance in their long term development. There may be a variety of reasons as the club and coaches have a responsibility to the entire club and players not individual, perceived teams.
Old 03-27-2012
Unregistered

Quote:
Oh, ok if you say so . Then we can all put on our sweater in Mr. Rogers neighborhood .
Old 03-27-2012
Unregistered

Quote:
The players play for a club, not a team. Maybe the feeling of providing those players on the "B" team the opportunity to play at a higher level is of greater importance in their long term development. There may be a variety of reasons as the club and coaches have a responsibility to the entire club and players not individual, perceived teams.
Makes sense if the expectations are discussed at the beginning of the season.